5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fit for the 35mm Hold-Out!
If you're one of the hold-outs who still prefer 35mm photography to digital, you can't do much better than Nikon's N6006 camera. You'll find you have crystal clear, professional quality photos across the board.

Published on December 21, 2008 by CircaRigel

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading photos not specified in description
The photos sugest that it comes with a lens, bag, and some other attachement that made me feel that this was a deal. IT'S JUST THE BODY. You can find much better bodies for cheaper. I will be returning.
Published 23 months ago by Sadiel Ruiz

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Fit for the 35mm Hold-Out!, December 21, 2008
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)

As any serious photographer knows, for professional quality photos point and shoot just doesn't make the grade. You need an SLR to get the job done. This camera is compatible with a broad range of lenses, filters, and other accessories in order to allow you to take the best photos regardless of conditions. There are several autofocus settings, with manual overrides for when you want to give things the personal touch.

Overall, a great camera!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon N6006, June 14, 2009
Paul Garland (El Paso, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)
I agree with the previous reviewer. I have a couple of Nikon digital SLRs, but was feeling nostalgic and wanted to try film, chemicals, and waiting. I got an N6006 and it is very similar to my Nikon DSLRs. It takes great pictures too.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great classic today!, October 20, 2012
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)
I ended up with 2 of these. I inherited one from my dad-he bought it new back in 1994. And I bought another for my sister for a photography class she was supposed to take, and didn't take. The N6006 is one of the less desirable film bodies nowadays. You should be able to get one in good working order for under 50usd. It has many good features. In the mid 80's Nikon starting making lesser expensive bodies that do not meter with manual focus lenses-the 6006 does. You get matrix, center weighted, and spot metering-minus matrix with manual lenses. The shutter speed range is 1/2000-30 seconds and bulb. The shutter speeds are in 1 stop increments, and I kinda have a problem with that. I'm used to 1/3 stop increments of the newer Nikons. There's manual, aperture priority, shutter priority, and program exposure modes. With manual lenses you only get manual and aperture priority-that's all I use anyway. The 6006 accepts the very inexpensive cable release-no need to buy an expensive dedicated electronic remote release. It has a self timer that is adjustable from 2-30 seconds. There's single, continuous low, and continuous high drive modes. But it's a little on the slow side-about 2 or 2.5 frames per second in high.

**The battery for these can be expensive-I paid 15 for the first one at a drugstore chain. But I found a lithium battery for it at an electronics store for $5. Not the kind of electronics store like a Best Buy, but a do it yourself store. The kind of store that sells computer parts and other components for those do it yourself build projects.

If you want to do some 35mm film photography without having to spend much $$$, get the 6006 and a couple of cheap Nikon mount lenses for it. -----I've seen low ratings for cameras in reviews because they didn't come with a lens. In the SLR camera world, most camera bodies are sold without lenses, unless otherwise specified.----About lenses, it is not compatible with the older non AI lenses before 1977. If you try to mount one, the metering tab can be damaged. Also it will not work with newer Nikon DX lenses or the G lenses without the aperture ring. They'll mount safely, but won't work properly. There's been talk about being able to use shutter priority and program mode with a G lens, as long as it's not a DX, but I have no experience with that. It's best to get an autofocus D lens or AI/AIS manual focus lens for it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fine "old school" SLR Camera, August 13, 2011
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)
I bought this camera because I had always wanted to learn photography, and this was a fraction of the price of comparable (SLR) digital cameras. After a couple months of playing with it I was actually able to take a photography class at my college, and the class required we use film. I fell in love with the camera. The weight of it in my hand, the general function, which seem fairly consistent with Nikon, and a pretty good medium lens. There's just something I find fun and visceral about loading film into it. Even though I'm now buying a digital SLR, I will keep this camera and continue to use it, just for the pleasure of using it. If you're looking for a less expensive camera of quality, or if you're nostalgic and want to shoot film, or if you need a 35mm camera for a class, this is an excellent choice, and a pretty easy and fun camera to learn on.

5.0 out of 5 stars the nikon n6006, September 27, 2012
Nikon N6006 = The best bang for your buck
I've been shooting with the Nikon N6006 for about three years now after I got it for free!
I passed on the camera to my girlfriend and when she broke it I bought a new one on amazon for dirt cheap.
This camera takes pictures on the same level as the recent DSLR the Canon T3i, if not better. Only with film.

PROS:
- Intelligent auto-focus
- Wide compatibility and availability of a variety of lenses
- Very easy to use and sturdy camera (does not feel flimsy)
- Cheap $$ and cheap $$ accessories

CONS:
- Paying for film
- Paying to develop film

5.0 out of 5 stars What a Great Camera, September 3, 2013
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)
This is a great camera. If you want to get into film photography cheaply, this is a great way to do it. This is a high quality camera and will take great pictures. Buy a cheap lens for this and you'll have a great machine for less than $50. Nice!

5.0 out of 5 stars works well, March 18, 2014
Camera works well.
It's in a working condition.
I use the lens that I came with my nikon d3100 digital camera on this film one.
I'm glad it worked out for me.

2.0 out of 5 stars Misleading photos not specified in description, November 21, 2012
Sadiel Ruiz (Miami Florida, USA) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars My messup, but still disappointed., October 2, 2012
Richard Bishop (New Caney, Texas) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)
I really should have read the description closer.While it really isn't a major deal about not having a lens since I want to get one that fits my needs. What bummed me out was that the film door will not secure closed. As I said, it was my fault for not reading the ad better. I may order another one from the list after I read the description better. I want this type of camera so I have more control of my shots and more that can be done during processing to make something unique with each shot.

1.0 out of 5 stars DISHONEST AD, October 4, 2013
This review is from: Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera (Electronics)
THE PICTURE SHOWS A FULL CAMERA SET WITH LENS AND BAG AND A CLASSIC UNLESS YOU LOOK REAL CLOSE AND READ FINE PRINT YOU MISS IT, WAS ONLY THE CAMERA BOX SENT AND THIS WAS FOR MY DAUGHTERS BIRTHDAY HOW EMBARRASSING, THE ONLY GOOD THING WAS THE SENDER GAVE ME A FULL REFUND AND EVEN LET ME KEEP THE CAMERA BOX FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING, ALONG WITH AN APOLOGY ....A REAL CLASS ACT.

I DON'T KNOW WHO SET UP THIS DISHONEST AD BUT IT SHOULD BE TAKING DOWN AND I HAVE TOLD EVERYONE I KNOW WHO BUYS FROM AMAZON AND EBAY AND ALL THE OTHER SITES BEWARE BECAUSE THIS IS TRULY DECEIVING AND EVERYONE I SHOWN THE AD TO THOUGHT I WAS GETTING THE WHOLE SET

Nikon N6006 Autofocus Film Camera