Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

*: WhiteChange

on August 10, 2012
I am really loving my new Nikon 1 V1 camera and the accessories I have purchased thus far for the camera. The Telephoto 30-110 is the latest of the lenses I have bought and really got a workout this past week when we took a beautiful trip to the California Central Coast and photographed everything that was possible ,and lots of shots with the telephoto. What was so great about the lens was how clear the images were, even in low light, and the movement stabilizer was the best. Made even shots where birds were flying rapidly, photograph clear and still. Everybody and his brother had immense cameras with two foot telephoto lenses on the trip. But I felt just dandy with my lightweight 30-110 and would wager my pics would rival even their best! The lens will last for years to come, is easy to install on the camera ,and light enough to do it one handed. A quality product as usual from the world of Nikon.
0Comment36 of 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2012
We have a J1 that was offered w/ a 10mm so knew we would need the 30-110mm. We are NOT pros but, use this lens most of the time out of doors. My wife, difficult to please and likes her old cameras, now loves the J1 with the 30-110mm zoom. She also takes videos as well. You need this zoom lens if you will be using the "Nikon 1" series camera.
0Comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2015
I cannot say enough good things about this lens. This is a fantastic addition for those of you who are utilizing the Nikon system for your camera. As a quick aside, I purchased a pre-owned lens here on Amazon.com and want to say that it is a fabulous option for those of you who want to expand the number of lenses that you have in your arsenal at a more affordable price.

The image quality is unparalleled. You will get crisp shots with very little distortion. I have included a few photos that I have taken using this lens with my Nikon J1. Both have been color retouched after the image was taken to create different effects, but I hope the images give you a good idea of the sharpness that can be achieved with this item.

If you also have the Nikon J1, you will find that this lens works wonderfully with your camera body without being too heavy or bulky. It is also light enough for your tripod, and will not tip over due to excess weight.

I highly recommend this lens. Give it a try, and take your images to the next level. Happy photographing!!
review image review image
on August 11, 2012
If you buy (or own) the Nikon 1 V1 or J1 purchase this lense. The optics are very sharp, and its ability to pick up light in low light conditions is amazing and extremely helpful.
0Comment10 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2014
like everything about it size quality results...would recommend it to others and have done so many times. also have the 30 to 110 and love it
on March 12, 2014
The lens gives a very clear picture, with good color. It is quite compact and easy to work with and to load into the Nikon carry case.
on January 29, 2014
Love it!! Excellent zoom capabilities, exceeded my expectations. So glad I went with Nikon, I know I won't be disappointed.
on February 1, 2014
This is a very good telephoto lens for the Nikon 1 system. I've been pleasantly surprised by the quality of images it produces, and is one of three lenses in my small go-anywhere V1 kit, along with the 18.5/1.8 and 10/2.8. It's a tiny lens for what it does. I could get the same coverage by hooking up an F-mount lens, but any option I have would be much bigger. Bokeh is decent at longer focal lengths, even though the aperture is pretty slow.
on May 5, 2015
Extremely happy with the lens. It looks great, light weight and powerful. I just wish I had a steadier hand when I took picture... Maybe I should cut down on the caffeine. The lens seems a little stiff when I am zooming to 110mm but still smooth and the images are very clear when I have my tripod with me.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on March 27, 2014
I purchased this product refurbished. It works best in bright light, the focus is fast, and the images it takes are sharp. Though I'm no pro, I'm getting a lot of good shots with it, and couldn't be happier. It's a good addition to my kit.