Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Cole Swindell Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

on March 6, 2013
We've all read articles, asked for advice, seen video tutorials. These cards are the highlights of those instructions.

I was surprised how large they were: Laminated 4x6, printed front and back, easy to read, well written, color coded. Though referring only rarely to Nikon controls, they're applicable to any equipment as crib notes while in the field.

Contents:
Camera Settings sides 2-3 (equipment care and handling of lenses)
General Photography side 5
Indoor side 13
Sports side 14
Special situations side 15
HDR side 16
Equivalent Exposure side 17 (a very useful 'cheat' sheet!)
Troubleshooting side 18 (analyzing and fixing photos on the fly)

These sheets are ring bound and attached by strap to a D-ring. Considering quality construction and comprehensive information in such a small space, I'd recommend them to anyone.
0Comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 7, 2013
I purchased this for my daughter (10) so she'd have a quick guide to what settings to use and when. Very easy to understand and very effective tool while you are still getting used to all the settings cameras have. Eveything she really needs to know for her D2x can be found here with out me having to hear "Daddy..." :) 4 stars just because it is a little bit large, but the info is spot on.
on June 11, 2012
I love my cards. I am a student learning about Photography and these are great! I shot a waterfall yesterday and forgot to set my f number to 22 or higher and my cards saved my pictures. :)
on October 24, 2013
I have a Nikon D5100 and I have been looking for a quick-reference guide. I've tried getting books, but they are too bulky to carry around. These cards are easy to read and has some really good tips when shooting in different environments.
on May 10, 2013
Not everyone operating a camera knows exactly what to do at all times. This is a huge help for those of us who are starting a new hobby. I read some of the other reviews and this may not be for a person who knows what they are doing but for me it was a great tool.
on November 3, 2013
WHO NEEDS INSTRUCTIONS WHEN YOU HAVE A GOOD CHEAT-SHEET LIKE THIS????? :-) I NEVER READ INSTRUCTIONS - SO THIS IS EASY TO UNDERSTAND AND EASY TO CARRY AROUND WITH ME.
on January 22, 2013
I like these as they have much of the information you need but forget - such as how to change settings. I suppose if I studied the manual a lot I would memorize it - but with this I don't need to do that. Its easily found as the categories are clearly defined. If your not sure you need this you probably do.
on December 18, 2013
This is a very handy guide for my Nikon D5200. I like the flip card format and they are laminated to keep fresh and clean in all kinds of weather. My only suggestion would be to make it larger type for us older folks.
on March 5, 2015
I Really Expected much more of these cards for the money. Like tips for using bulb setting etc. for fireworks, how to get great night-shots, or suggested settings for how to actually use bracket or HDR to get the moon and the stars and the sky all in the same image. Or, actual useful information on nighttime landscape photography besides just basic generic info, etc. It is probably a good little set of cards for a very novice user, so I will probably hand them over to my wife, but I was expecting more ACTUAL useful information and tips for situations from these cards and not just generic info like "use a tripod if the image is blurry". Again, they are probably some really useful cards for a newbie beginner to help them get some basic confidence. But if you already have some photography experience, even at amateur level, these cards really need some improvement to make them useful. They are not the cheat-sheet cards you are looking for, rather just very basic photography tips.
on September 2, 2013
Heck, I bet even the professionals would use them too. Everything you need to know about the camera is on the cards, even tips on how to get the best exposure and image, plus the cards are even plastic coated which means cleanup is a snap.Vendor stands by their product and shipping was fast (faster than I expected). Two thumbs up for sure!