Please make sure that your post is a question about the product. Edit your question or post anyway.
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 125 questions
votes
The autofocus is great and at the price for a prime lens you can't beat it. One thing since you are shooting with a DX sensor or cropped sensor this lens will actually be at 75mm, check out this nikon link http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Learn-And-Explore/Article/g588ouey/The-DX-and-FX-Formats.html
Mar 19, 2013 by Andrew S.
vote
will it work on D40x and d700? 3 Answers Yes, I have both cameras and works perfect. Apr 27, 2012 by Anonymous not the fastest to focus but not bad, will work auto with both.. Feb 17, 2012 by SeanS Yes will work on both. Feb 16, 2012 by JoeR
Apr 25, 2014 by Brian McFarland
vote
Comparable to Nikon's 50mm f/1.4? http://www.amazon.com/Canon-Standard-Medium-Telephoto-Cameras/dp/B00009XVCZ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1336679058&sr=1-2
May 10, 2012 by zanypoet
vote
the 50mm 1.4D has an aperture ring, no SWM motor onboard (requires the camera body AF motor - via screw drive). Making the D not compatible (just for AF - manual works fine) on the D40/D60 and similar bodies. D3000 also and likely some others (i'm not as familiar with the new bodies). The newer 50mm 1.4G has no aperture ring but does have a SWM motor making it compatible with all bodies with and without onboard AF motors. Your D90 like it's D80 predecessor DOES have the body AF motor so you can get either and AF will work.
Aug 8, 2011 by Rob - Bookwork / IT / Gadget guy
votes
It is a close call. The f/1.4G has slightly faster AF, but if you use the lens comparison tool on DxOMark.com, the f/1.4 D scores one point higher for overall performance on the D90 body. If you plan to upgrade your camera, the f/1.4 G is a better performer on higher resolution sensors, making it a better investment for future use.
Oct 22, 2013 by Preston S. Page
votes
Hi the autofocus is fast. This is a relatively fast lens. you can google to compare with the latest lens 58mm f1.4 which produces stunning shots. But this model of 50mm f1.4G is a good lens to use and nice bokeh. Generally no lens will get stuck. I reckon you meant hunting or trying to focus. Every lens has a min distance of focus. Like someone who is long sighted, if you are too close you will not be able to focus. I think this lens is around a foot distance. Check the specifications.
Jan 21, 2014 by Ro
votes
This is great for low-light pictures. However, you've to take them for a far distance. For me, the best is the Nikon 24mm f/2.8. It gives you a wide angle and also great pictures in low-light environments. Hope this helps you. =)
Sep 22, 2013 by Esteban Di Castro
votes
Yes, I have the same problem and I feel like throwing the thing through a window. I think I may sell it and get a 1.4d
Apr 1, 2010 by A. Jones
votes
The lens says it's AF-S and according to this comparison chart it should work. http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/compatibility-lens.htm This is a pretty good site for everything Nikon, the guy is obsessed with it and can go into detail. Not the end all be all and there's obviously bias here and there but it's a good informative site that can make you aware of some details you may not have even heard of.
Mar 9, 2010 by Danny Boy
votes
This lens will fit on your D60, however your D60 is a DX format camera and this is an FX format lens, which means this will act like a 75mm lens and not a 50mm lens.
Jan 17, 2014 by ozone
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   ...   13   Next ›

Unanswered questions
Search Questions and Answers