5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for a first scope.
I have a Ruger 10/22 carbine and I had a difficult time using the factory iron sights. The 10/22 quickly fell out of favor and I didn't shoot it for a couple of years. With ammo prices so high, I decided to put a scope on it to fend off the urge to buy an AR15.

Published on April 29, 2012 by cornedbeefisdelicious

3.0 out of 5 stars Not for high calibur rifles
this is the .22LR version, don't get it for big boy rifles you would be better off getting a scope designed for them
Published 6 months ago by patrick

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy for a first scope., April 29, 2012
This review is from: Nikon ProStaff Rimfire 4 x 32 Black Matte Riflescope (Nikoplex) (Sports)

There are so many scope choices for .22lr that I quickly became overwhelmed. All of the Chinese made .22lr scope are priced very seductively...I mean, can I really get a quality optic for less than $40? I did a lot of reading of reviews on the Chinese scopes and came to the conclusion that they were hit or miss. You either got a dud or a scope that seemed to work well, but sooner or later would malfunction. For the cost of two Chinese scopes, you can buy a Nikon rimfire 4x scope. I made the decision to forgo the potential gamble/cost savings/frustration of a Chinese scope and picked the Nikon. Also, since this was my first scope, I opted to go for the 4x because of its lower cost, lighter weight, compact dimensions and fewer controls.

The Nikon Prostaff Rimfire 4x scope has performed very well for me. The glass is clear and bright. It was very easy to zero in the cross hairs. The cross hair adjustments are easy to adjust, have very positive "clicks", and protected with caps to prevent inadvertent adjustments. I zeroed my scope in at 50 yards and honestly, the rifle and the scope are more accurate than I am!

If you are like me and you are having a hard time deciding which scope to get, pick the Nikon. You can't go wrong here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't complain, December 2, 2011
I mounted this scope on a henry 22LR. optics are clear and brite. the zero reset turrets are nice and the 'spot on' software on nikon's web site is helpful for zeroing and shooting differnt ranges. you can even print out a cheat sheet that will tell you how many clicks it will take to adust point of impact to varrying ranges from your zero. I would buy this again and would not hesitate to buy another nikon scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great scope for a 22, March 31, 2012
I have this on my Ruger 10/22 and it has turned the rifle into a nail driver. I have several Leopold scopes and this is just as brite and crisp at a fraction of the price. Shipping was fast and setup was easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great rimfire scope, September 29, 2012
I am very happy with this scope. The quality is good, the optics are sharp, and the zero-reset turrets are a nice add-on. I put this on a bolt-action Marlin .22LR with medium rings, and it clears the bolt handle with about a pinky to spare.

I have a friend with a semi-auto .22LR with a cheaper BSA 4x32 scope on it. So I was interested to see what $100 buys you vs $50ish. Both do the job fine. They put a crosshair over what you want to hit, and you can knock the wings off a fly at 25 yards with a .22 rifle. That said, the brightness of the Nikon is superior, but the most obvious difference was how clear the image from edge to edge through the Nikon. On the cheaper scope, there is a bit of rainbowing/distortion at the edges of the glass.

In addition to better glass than a Wal-Mart bubble-pack scope (which I am not knocking, they get the job done), it has a lifetime transferable warranty. So on the whole, I am glad I went the $100 route with this scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice entry-level Nikon, February 7, 2012
I bought this scope, as well as some high-clearance Accu-Shot rings for my M&P 15-22. I sighted it in quickly, and it seems to be holding zero nicely. Optical clarity is good, and I'm pleased with it. Check local Walmart prices to make sure you're getting a good deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars great scope, November 18, 2012
I bought this scope after reading about it on a number of rimfire forums. This fits my Ruger 10/22 like it was made for it, and was so incredibly sharp right out of the box, I did not even have to adjust the focus. For the price I don't think you can find anything better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good scope for a great price!, May 21, 2012
This is my second Nikon rifle scope and I think I'm sold. This rimfire scope looks awesome on my Ruger 10/22 Compact. The optics are as good as any higher price scope I've used. It was easy to install and zero in AND it stays put. The Zero-reset turret adjustment knob is really a slick idea. Now I wish all my scopes had that feature. The Nikoplex reticle is sharp, clear and unobtrusive. I like the quick-focus eyepiece too because everyone wants to shoot this gun as soon as they see it. Now it's easy to refocus after other shooters shoot it. I'll be seriously considering Nikon for all of my future scope purchases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fixed power scope., July 12, 2012
I just got through mounting this on a Ruger 10/22 Takedown. It took about 45 minutes. I was looking for a "compact" scope because the Ruger Takedown model comes with a custom case that holds the firearm when its broken down. I was worried that the stock and receiver wouldn't fit after mounting a full size scope. After searching for "compacts" I finally decided it wasn't worth it to settle for an inferior scope just to make it fit in the case. Leapers (UTG) seemed cheap and Leopolds were overkill for a $300 rifle. Too my surprise after mounting the scope it still fit (barely) in the Ruger case. I used Weaver 1-Inch Steel Lock Mounts for Ruger 10/22 mounts so that I could still use my open sights for close range shooting. I'm pretty happy with this setup. The optics are clear and bright, eye relief is compatible with the 10/22, the zero return feature is nice and the adjustments feel solid. My fixed sights were already set so I put the rifle in a wood vise and zeroed the scope to the fixed sights. That should get me "on paper" when I get to the range. I will update this after I've had a chance to shoot a bit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon Prostaff 4x32, July 17, 2012
The Nikon scope is awesome bright and clear. This is my first Nikon scope and I was a little skeptical but for a ruger 1022 I did not want to spend more for the optics then the gun, it's a 22 after all. It is so bright it seems to be brighter then when you look without the scope. I have optics that are 5 times the price of this scope that are no better. The 4 power has been good for the 22 and the adjustments work great. Over all I am very happy with this purchase. I would recommend it and would buy again. You can buy a cheaper scope I have and find that if you pay a little more for quality once then you enjoy using it from now on, always works better then go cheap and wish you didn't from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cream of the crop... but a small downside exists..., January 9, 2013
ahiker4u (California, USA) - See all my reviews
For a .22 rimfire rifle, this scope is probably the best you can buy for the money. The optics are extremely clear. The scope has some weight to it unlike some of it's competition. Making fine adjustments is a breeze with definite clicks using your fingers. No tools or coin needed like some others. It has a fixed parallex setting at 50 yards which is perfect for a .22 rimfire. Highly recommended! I plan on purchasing a few more of these!

NOTE: There is a minor downside to this scope as with all the Nikon Prostaff series. The turret dust caps are made of durable plastic but if you get in a hurry to install them, you can possibly crossthread the covers. I always start the dustcaps with a counter-rotation twist to make sure the threads start correctly. Once the scope is set I generally don't make adjustments anyway. I can't rate this scope down because it is an OUTSTANDING scope!

Rate and Discover Movies