In Style with a Cool Touch. The next generation of touch display.
Nikon’s sleek, sexy Coolpix S70 combines 12.1 effective megapixels and 5x wide-angle zoom with a beautiful, bright 3.5-inch Clear Color High-Resolution Organic LED touch-panel display that makes taking and sharing pictures easy. The Coolpix S70 combines Nikon’s 5-way Optical VR Image Stabilization system and a touch shutter that gets you sharp pictures throughout the zoom range. The Coolpix S70 features Nikon’s Smart Portrait System that enables you to get great portraits with a touch of the shutter! The Coolpix S70 also features an HD (720p) Movie Mode. Now you can view HD movies on your computer and share them with family and friends!
Vibrant Clear Color OLED touch screen operation and advanced functions served up in style with the tactile sophistication of dual texture design
Featuring Nikon’s innovative Clear Color OLED display and a highly responsive capacitive touch screen, the Coolpix S70 is the smart and fashionable photographic tool that makes picture-taking a greater joy.
The Coolpix S70 introduces Nikon’s newly developed 3.5-incg Clear Color OLED Display with refined touch control that offers a new level of intuitive fingertip shooting control and a variety of exciting playback options.
OLED technology delivers the immediately recognizable benefits of vivid color reproduction, sharp contrast, and absence of afterimages. Nikon combines this with our own innovative Clear Color Display technology, making the large 3.5-inch OLED display a real eyeful. In addition highly responsive new capacitive touch screen technology adds the benefit of sure and immediate response at the lightest touch of the display’s surface for a fun and intuitive feel to every camera operation.
Advanced new shooting features that leverage this quick and easy fingertip control include Touch Shutter, which, at a single touch, releases the shutter after focus and exposure are locked on the subject. In addition, new on-screen sliders provide touch control over brightness (exposure) and Scene Effect Adjustment.
Touch control also makes viewing and retouching images more fun and efficient. The speed and ease of fingertip scrolling through images is matched only by the fun of using a pinching motion with two fingers to zoom in or out on displayed images, switch between thumbnail and full screen views, and so on.
High-performance imaging capabilities include 12.1 effective megapixels of sharp resolution matched to the compositional freedom of a precision 5x zoom Nikkor lens that covers focal lengths from 28-140mm (35mm format equivalent). Advanced digital image-processing faithfully reproduces fine details and subtle tones, delivers quick response, and maintains image quality and clarity when taking advantage of extended light sensitivity settings as high as ISO 6400*.
The Coolpix S70 features a slim body wrapped in a sumptuous dual texture design that pleases the eyes and the hands with its trendsetting good looks. *ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller. Nikon Coolpix S70 Feature Highlights EXPEED digital imaging technology
Nikon’s smarter approach to digital imaging technology. From image capture to processing, Nikon’s comprehensive EXPEED digital imaging concept encompasses the entire picture-taking operation. EXPEED is much more than a processing engine; it is a revolution in digital photography. New 3.5-inch Clear Color OLED Display with touch control
The Coolpix S70 introduces a new 3.5-inch, wide-screen OLED Display with approx. 288k-dot resolution. In addition to the immediately recognizable benefits of vivid color reproduction and sharp contrast, OLED technology also improves power efficiency and allows for a thinner camera design. New capacitive touch screen technology ensures sure and immediate response to finger action on the display’s glass surface. Other features include anti-reflection coating and brightness adjustment. Five advanced image stabilizing features* for sharper results
|VR image stabilization in action |
Nikon's Hybrid Optical lens shift and Electronic VR image stabilization systems combine to help produce blur-free images. High ISO 6400** capability allows faster shutter speeds when shooting in low light or capturing fast-moving subjects. Motion Detection automatically controls shutter speed and the ISO setting to compensate for subject movement and camera shake. And, Nikon’s original BSS (Best Shot Selector) function automatically shoots a series of sequential frames and saves the one with the sharpest focus.
* The camera selects and uses only the features required to optimize each image.
** ISO 3200 and 6400 are available only for image sizes of 3M (2048 x 1536) or smaller. Nikon’s Smart Portrait System with Skin Softening
Face-priority AF helps produce more satisfying portraits by adjusting focus and exposure for as many as 12 faces in the framed shot. Skin Softening function detects and analyzes a framed subject’s skin, and then adjusts smoothness to produce enhanced results. Smile Timer automatically releases the shutter when the subject smiles, while its Blink Proof function shoots two sequential frames, then saves the one in which the subject’s eyes are widest open. Blink Warning presents an alert when it suspects that someone in the shot has blinked. In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically corrects any perceived red-eye effect before saving the image to memory.
Intelligent automated shooting modes that promote carefree shooting
Nikon’s Scene Auto Selector makes it faster and easier to capture the moment by eliminating the need to manually select a scene mode to match the intended shot. This intelligent function determines the subject, analyzes the surrounding settings, and then automatically selects the appropriate scene mode for optimal results. Subject Tracking enhances the shooting experience by following the subject’s movement to ensure clear focus and quick response when that special shutter opportunity presents itself. Subject Tracking even functions if the subject moves out of the frame for a second or two. Quick Retouch
Quick Retouch automatically adjusts the contrast and saturation of selected photos to create an enhanced copy with the right finishing touch. Nikon Coolpix S70 Other Features
What’s in the Box
|D-Lighting in action |
- Selection of three different stylish HOME screen displays
- Macro shooting from as close as 3 cm (1.2 in.)
- 16 handy scene modes for optimized shooting in various settings
- Active Zoom
- Versatile file sorting functions
- Four movie modes with sound
- Time zone function for easy setting of multiple locations
- Approx. 20 MB of internal memory
- Hi-Speed USB connectivity with USB charging via Charging AC Adapter EH-68P or PC
- EN-EL12 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- EH-68P AC Adapter/Charger
- UC-E6 USB Cable
- EG-CP14 Audio Video Cable
- AN-CP19 Strap
- Coolpix Software Suite CD-ROM
12.1 Megapixels for stunning prints as large as 16 x 20 inches.
New Beautiful, Bright 3.5-inch High Resolution TOUCH PANEL OLED employing Clear Color Display with anti-glare coating that enables easy touch control to all camera functions.
- Sensitive Response Touch Panel display enables effortless use of touch panel by ensuring sensitive response to even the lightest tapping and touch for smooth operation.
- With the swipe of a finger users can scroll through images and use a pinching motion with two fingers to zoom in or out on displayed images.
- NEW! Touch Shutter and Autofocus simply tap the OLED display to have the camera focus and even shoot the picture.
- Scene Effect Adjustment by using the touch screen sliders in various scene modes images can be modified as necessary.
HD movies with sound compatible with 720p HD movies for high image quality. Enjoy HD playback on your computer.
Subject Tracking will track a moving subject to ensure sharp focus. The camera will automatically track your subject even if they, temporarily, move out of the frame.
Nikons Smart Portrait System:
- New Skin Softening smoothes skin tone at three different levels for optimal portraits.
- In-Camera Red-Eye Fix automatically fixes most instances of red-eye in the camera. You may never see red-eye again.
- Face-Priority AF Nikons face-finding technology automatically focuses on up to 12 faces.
- Smile Timer, Blink Proof and Blink Warning makes sure youll always catch the decisive moment when your subject smiles and Blink Proof function shoots two pictures and automatically saves the one in which the subjects eyes remain open. Blink Warning, when activated alerts you that the subject may have blinked and allows you to retake the photo.
- D-Lighting rescues dark or backlit images by improving brightness and detail where needed.
5x Wide-angle Optical Zoom-NIKKOR Glass Lens lets you zoom in on all the action.