4.0 out of 5 stars A compact SB 900
I'm a big fan of the Nikon CLS wireless flash system and I have several Nikon speedlights that I use for high quality portable lighting. Overall, the system works really well, and armed with a few flashes and some simple clamps, I can get creative off-camera lighting nearly anywhere (for on-camera flash, I tend to use the Quantum units). Yes, it's infrared line-of-sight...
Published on November 6, 2010 by Busy Executive

1.0 out of 5 stars good flash, bad warranty
many folks have complained about the battery door breaking prematurely. Mine has too so I thought I could get it repaired under warranty since it was less than a year old. I was wrong. They want $130 to put the new plastic door piece on. If you do buy this be ultra careful with the battery door and keep your receipt because Nikon will not help you unless you pay $130...
Published on January 16, 2012 by Mark Shaffar

‹ Previous | 110 11 1233 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Camera Flash!, July 4, 2013
This review is from: Nikon SB-700 AF Speedlight Flash for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras (Camera)
I bought this because I just decided to try my hand at professional photography for the first time after years of doing videography. Being a total novice at photography (I always used my phone and point-and-shot camera to take photos), I decided to go pro and get this external camera flash! Best choice I ever made! This is so powerful, it can light up background many feet away even in sheer darkness! I've used this for professional wedding photography and flash was so great, I had the light settings only on -0.3 and that was bright enough! You won't be disappointed with this flash.

It automatically works with your camera once its in the hot-shoe.
I chose this rating because as this is my first camera flash and being totally new at it (I must say its really easy to use; I didn't even read the instructions. I just took it right out of the box and started using it!
Nothing I didn't like about it.
I'd recommend this camera flash to beginner, amateur and professional alike! (If you're a professional, and have more money, go with a more expensive one, but if cost is your factor, go with this flash.) You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Flash --- Works perfect with my D90, July 3, 2013
This flash is just what I was looking for. I was having issues with my built in flash with my longer lenses. This one shows right over them. :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Speedlight, July 1, 2013
Very powerful. The SB-700 is a great speedlight compared to the SB-800. I'm veery happy and I will buy another one as spare.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flash, June 25, 2013
This is a very versatile flash. Well worth the price. Don't know how I did without it. I can't wait to get the chance to use it off camera.

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, June 20, 2013
D. Elwood "tajkd" (Bridgewater, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
Does it all. If you are shopping, you already know why you need it. Don't cheap out like I did. Get this one first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible flash!, June 19, 2013
So many settings, so many great photos. I never use direct flash and the controls for pointing the flash for bounce flash are wonderful and numerous. First flash that I've owned that can take a good night photo at 300 feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars My first external flash, June 16, 2013
This is the first external flash that I've purchased, but I am very pleased with it. It is easy to use and produces much better photos than using the pop-up flash on my D90. Being able to use the flash remotely is super helpful (and super easy). Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, June 14, 2013
This is a great flash. There are so many reviews already, so I don't need to go on and on about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, June 13, 2013
the only problem was less than 1 week after received it, got an error, I need to send it for warranty, after waiting more than a month, get it fixed, still using it & no more problems with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compact and nice., June 10, 2013
This flash have a lot of features. I was thinking to buy the SB-910, but went for this instead due price and size. After reading the instructions and use it a couple of times indoors and outdoors, manual and TTL I have no regrets. This flash is great, and since my camera flash can be used as a commander flash it allows me to use it as a remote flash. If you asked me the SB-910 is an awesome flash, but the SB-710 is great if you are on a budget.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1233 | Next ›