4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lens protector!
Published on September 26, 2009 by V. Nguyen

3.0 out of 5 stars Good glass, bad frame
Published on November 23, 2011 by CoolWing

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lens protector!, September 26, 2009
V. Nguyen (San Jose, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
I have not found any color distortions to my images so far on a Nikon D90. I think it's more of a lens protector than a filter since it doesn't do UV filtering. But, I bought it because I wanted it do just that - to protect my original lenses from scratches and dust. The ring is thin, so it hugs close to the original lens and doesn't affect the field of view. Or at least I didn't notice it. The ring is metal and sturdy, too.

There is one thing I do wonder about. Since the ring is some type of metal and the filter is glass, does it induce static? I use a lens brush, and several times I noticed that after brushing the filter and blowing at the same time, I still see a few tiny dust particles that won't get off the filter. But after I stop brushing, wait a few seconds, and then blow again, the particles finally lift off and go away. Would be nice if they made these filters static-resistent, too.

Quality wise, this thing gets 5 stars. But only because of the price, I'm giving it 4. I do wish the price was cheaper. But then again, perhaps you get what you pay for. Still, I wish it was cheaper:)

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikon 67mm Clear Filter, February 11, 2008
B. Bitanga "britracy" (Burbank, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
This will definitely provide protection for your expensive and not so expensive lenses. My only complaint is the price - it is too expensive compared to Hoya or other makers. The other filters provide the same protection anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good glass, bad frame, November 23, 2011
CoolWing (Charlotte, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
I am a Nikon fanactic and think they make some of the best products in the world, so when I bought a new dslr and lens, I just figured I'd put a great filter on it, instead of a cheap one. I think the glass and coating on this filter are top notch. I can't tell any degradation of photos and can't even tell it's on. I notice no flare either. However, the construction of the frame is subpar for the quality of the glass. When I first got it out of the case, I heard a small "clink" and when cleaning it later, I found out why. The glass is held in by basically a snap ring. If you don't know what this is, look it up on Wiki. I used to work a a pro photo lab, and even the cheap filters we sold there were held in by a ring that screwed into the frame. If the glass was loose, just tighten the ring... easy fix. The glass in my filter sometimes rotates on cleaning and is so loose, it will clink if moved back and forth. I think I can easily fix this with a little epoxy, but man, should a $40 filter be this cheaply made? I also have purchased two 77mm ones costing more, and they are constructed exactly the same. I also have several Hoyas and a B+W. The Hoyas seem constructed better, but I'm not sold on the optics yet. The B+W is actually an ND filter ($100) and is of superior build.

You get what you pay for... kinda. Great glass, suspect construction. (Oh, I can't see this filter holding up for years to come after cleanings).

5.0 out of 5 stars Only buy name brand filters...., May 14, 2010
point & shoot (los angeles, ca) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
and Nikon is one of them. If you own Nikon lenses I suggest you get this if not B + W or other quality name brands. With the Nikon NC filter, I see no yellow tint as opposed to my HOYA filter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another outstanding Nikon product!, October 17, 2010
Clark Oden (MIRA LOMA, CA, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
I have been using standard UV filters for protection for my lens for some time, and it was time to replace my old filter. After reading many reviews online I decided to try this filter. I do car show photography and shot a show yesterday with the new filter. I am VERY happy with the results! The colors are more true, and the images are sharp. You also can not go wrong with Nikon quality (glass and construction). Spend the little extra and get this filter. You will be very happy with your results!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, February 19, 2014
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
For my Nikon lenses I only trust Nikon protection filters, They do a great job and do not distort your images.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like is not there, January 4, 2014
AJ (Cedar Falls IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
I have been using these filters form nikon on several lenses now. I cannot tell the difference between a picture with and without is, simply amazing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thin bezel, superb quality, August 7, 2013
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
I've been unimpressed with most of the other NC filters, with more flare than I like and a thicker bezel that sometimes causes a little vignetting. I use the Nikon filters on all my lenses when I am outside or likely to get muck on them. They have virtually no optical degradation, and are mechanically excellent. I have found that the Nikon filters seem to be a little less likely to get stuck on the lens. If they do, wrap a rubber band around the filter to provide a better grip for turning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Need Protection?, May 25, 2013
Ron A. (San Marcos, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
I have a Nikon Neutral Color Filter on all my glass. This is the first line of defensive against lens scratches when you don't have your lens cover on. I don't recommend getting a cheap third-party neutral color filter. I noticed the tint is a little different on those and my photos were definitely affected. If you are thinking about buying a Nikon Neutral Color Filter, get one and don't leave home without it.

5.0 out of 5 stars clear glass, February 18, 2013
This review is from: Nikon 67mm Screw-on Neutral Color Filter (Accessory)
love it..sharpened up my photos right away..fits tightly and screws on easily...that is why I bought the Nikon product...I knew I would be happier in the long run

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›