From the Manufacturer
The SUPER COOLSCAN 8000 ED is the ultimate film scanner for professional photographers, designers, and other discriminating users who demand high accuracy, resolution and vivid color. It employs a technologically advanced, large-diameter SCANNER NIKKOR ED lens which features ED (extra-low dispersion) glass elements that reduce chromatic aberration. This lens also minimizes image distortion and delivers sharp images.
Complementing this revolutionary new lens in boosting overall image quality are a high-performance custom CCD, a new scene analysis function for auto correction of tone and color, and exclusive rod dispersion LED technology that is gentle to film. These elements together comprise a highly advanced optical system that provides superb image quality.
The SUPER COOLSCAN 8000 ED also features Digital ICE3 (cubed), a new digital image correction function developed by Applied Science Fiction, Inc. It consists of Digital ICE (Image Correction & Enhancement), Digital ROC (Reconstruction of Color), and Digital GEM (Grain Equalization & Management).
With the IEEE1394 interface, high-speed data transfer can be achieved. An IEEE1394 board and cable are included in the package for users who do not have the interface.
- 4,000-dpi true optical-resolution scanning, 14-bit A/D converter incorporating 16-/8-bit output for vivid images
- Multiple film format scanning (120/220, 35mm , 16mm, etc.)
- Customized 10,000-pixel 3-line monochrome linear CCD
- Newly developed custom CCD reduces image noise and provides clear resolution
- Proprietary LED technology ensures consistently accurate color reproduction
- Dispersed lighting, resulting in smoother picture grain
- Exclusive SCANNER NIKKOR ED high-resolution/high-performance lens (14 elements in six groups including six ED glass elements) for reduced color aberration and minimized image distortion
- New scene analysis function, featuring intelligent tone and color auto-correction, enables quality reproduction of even orange-tinted negative film Multi-sample scanning (2/4/8/16 times; selectable) for images virtually free of noise
- Quick AF & Quick Preview
- High-speed IEEE1394 interface (IEEE1394 board and cable included in the package for users who do not have the interface)
- Improved Color Management System accuracy
- Digital ICE3 automatic correction function
- Digital ICE (Image Correction & Enhancement) removes dust, scratches and finger prints from scanned images
- Digital ROC (Reconstruction of Color) restores faded images to true, brilliant color by determining ideal color tone for each image
- Digital GEM (Grain Equalization & Management) equalizes image grain resulting in a smoother overall image