Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now DOTD

on May 4, 2011
The tripod adapter is just ok. You will have a hard time attaching this product to the larger Monarch series binoculars. There is not really enough room turn turn the large thumb screw into the binoculars and you will have a hard time keeping the screw tight. The finish on the screw will come off if you try to use a screwdriver to tighten the screw since the slot on the face of the screw is too shallow. I even tried different types of coins to turn the screw with little success. I ended up taking the screw to a local machine shop and having them cut the slot deep enough to get a screwdriver in it, you can't turn it by hand to get it tight enough. If you buy this and use it, you won't want to take it off due to the time it took to get it on tight enough to work. This makes storage of your binocular it it's case impossible. I leave it mounted and on the tripod.

Once mounted and setup, it does make it much easier and faster to observe things in the distance. It's great for target spotting on the range off of a shooting bench with a small tripod. The Nikon Monarch binoculars are excellent!
on January 31, 2014
The first day that I got it I installed a quick disconnect mount from Manfrotto. I have this on all my cameras and it is the cat's meow. Makes swapping out my glass with various cameras on my tri-pod and mono-pod very easy. And..... it cuts down on possible costly accidents.
on March 28, 2012
When stargazing holding the binoculars in your hands, it gets tiring and you can't really hold the binoculars very steady. This adapter mounts on you binoculars so that you can mount them on a camera tripod. Great item for stargazers.
on November 28, 2013
its a bit of a pain to screw in and unscrew in, but very functional. I use my bino's from hand to tripod, so I end up leaving the adapter in while on the move which is on my chest harness. a bit uncomfortable but very functional. I lost my first adapter, but ordered another.
on September 23, 2011
Well worth the money. I really enjoy this product. The Nikon 8177 tripod adapter is the slickest way to couple binos with a tripod. Excellent product!
on October 28, 2014
Nicely made and quite stiff.
I have tried it with an 20x80 and it holds it steady.
The locking screw doesn't tighten up on either of my binoculars, a Minox and a Cabelas so while it holds the binocular steady and the screw will not come loose, it does allow the binoculars to move will move on the horizontal axis.
on October 4, 2015
This fits well and is made of high quality materials. A worthwhile investment for my new Nikon binoculars. Necessary for added stability when viewing at higher powers of magnification.
on November 29, 2008
Compact and easy to use, works as advertised. Always good service and products from this company.
on March 17, 2012
Pros:

It mounts well to my Action Extreme binoculars.
The knob to tighten the screw that mounts the binoculars has plenty of grip.
It is cheap.

Cons:

The big con is that on tightening my tripod mounting plate, the threads got stripped on the mount. The threads are large and widely spaced on tripod screws and so the amount of force on the threads is high. The same metal casting is simply threaded and so it is too weak to securely mount a tripod plate. I tried one of my plates with a longer screw and also found that the hole is too shallow for other designs. Nikon should have used harder metal for the hole and drilled it deeper.
on November 7, 2014
This provides a way to anchor Nikon binoculars to a tripod, which eliminates shaking. Well worth it's price.