5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH OWNING; DON'T LOSE IT LIKE ME
I used to drag with me everywhere this cable which connects the Nikon D40 camera (not listed in the product description) to the computer for downloading files, continually reminding myself (in the time before discovering SD card readers) never to lose this cable.

Before long I had lost it.

I sent a note to the excellent Nikon USA website asking for...
Published on May 17, 2008 by C. Scanlon

1.0 out of 5 stars A Cable? yes. A Nikon UC-E4 cable? No!!
Published on June 24, 2009 by Sputnik 1959

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars A Cable? yes. A Nikon UC-E4 cable? No!!, June 24, 2009
This review is from: Nikon UC-E4 USB Cable for D50, D70, D70s, and D100 (Camera)
I ordered a Nikon UC-E4 cable (actually 3 of them). Note that in the picture it shows a cable with two ferrite cores attached - those are those cylinder shaped bulges just in from the plugs. These are magnets and are supposed to reduce noise transmissions. What actually came in the box from Nikon when I bought my D60, D200 and D300 cameras was a cable with one ferrite core attached. So, I placed the order figuring I was ordering the right type of cable and expected at least one core. What I got was NO CORES. I got a plain old USB cable with the proper ends on it. You can argue whether or not the cores are of any value (as dCables did when I called them to make arrangements to send these back) but Nikon sees fit to include them on the standard cables they provide with their cameras and when I ordered the Nikon part, I expect that part number and matching item. dCable shouldn't be selling these for what they are not!!

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT a Nikon Product. Misleading Product Title, November 22, 2010
This is NOT a Nikon UC-E4. It is a MISLEADING product title and MISLEADING 'savings' claim. The genuine Nikon product may retail for $60, but this thing NEVER sold for that amount. The savings claim is phony. Amazon "Sellers" area is turning into eBay.

1.0 out of 5 stars NIKON D50 UC-E4 is not the same as standard usb cable, August 7, 2009
Harold REED (Washington DC, USA) - See all my reviews
I ordered a Nikon UC-E4 cable from CMPLE. In the picture they shows a cable with two ferrite cores attached - those are those cylinder shaped bulges just in from the plugs. These are magnets and are supposed to reduce noise transmissions. What they actually shiped will be a standard USB cable. They will give you a refund when after you e-mail to notify them they ship wrong part. They should remove the PICTURE from there product list or replace it with the right one. After waiting 5 to 7 days only to e-mail there customer services and advise that they are shipping the wrong part, well it is a hell of way to do business. I believe they know what they shipping out to the customer. Just double check before you order this product, they seems to be fair, with giving a refund.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORTH OWNING; DON'T LOSE IT LIKE ME, May 17, 2008

Before long I had lost it.

I sent a note to the excellent Nikon USA website asking for the cable title in order to order a new one here on the amazon. Nikon itself suggested using an SD card reader instead as quicker and as saving camera battery power. But I like this cable.

I actually find this cable quicker than the readers. I also have yet to find a reader durable enough to let out of the house. I keep one in the ashtray of my pick-up (only thing it ever gets used for: loose change for the kids, a few Mass Cards, and an SD reader, no ashes) where it won't get injured but be at hand (of course once the summer heat hits, we'll see if it melts). In fact my small truck provides the most secure camera bag I have ever had. Take my life but not my truck, please.

But I like this cable. Even if you have not lost yours, order an extra just in case. It's cheap and it's good and it is very useful.

And did I tell you I find it quicker than the readers, and easier to use. I hate swapping out the SD card like that, and remembering which way is up, and trying to get the computer to see the reader, having found room to squeeze it in on some public computer. With this cable, no problem.

Keep this cable in your kit, with the extra UV filter and stuff (an extra battery is also very good to have). Don't lose it. It's worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars not the real thing, January 26, 2010
I read the other reviews prior to ordering this cable and was concerned about the authenticity of this product. I placed the order and hoped for the best. Upon receiving the cable I was disappointed to see it is a "knock off" brand USB cord, not a real Nikon cord. It does not have the ferrite cores nor is it made by Nikon. I don't doubt that it will work, but I do like to get what I ordered.

1.0 out of 5 stars its just a plain usb cable, but not the Nikon UC-E4 USB Cable, September 14, 2010
its just a plain usb cable, but not the Nikon UC-E4 USB Cable

if i knew, i would have just gone to chinatown and bought it there for less, and would not have had to wait for delivery

2.0 out of 5 stars This cable does not work with my D3100 Nikon camera, December 10, 2012
This cable does not work with my D3100 Nikon camera. It does not recognize the camera.
I am not sure whether the cable in not good or it does not recognize D3100 camera.
I read that it will work with that camera but it doesn't.

I have to return this cable and buy another one from Nikon through Amazon.
Please suggest which one to purchase that will work with D3100 Nikon Camera.

2.0 out of 5 stars Wrong product, December 13, 2012
Unfortunately I will be returning this product because it does not fit my camera. Nothing wrong with it. Just doesn't fit. Sorry

1.0 out of 5 stars This is NOT what I ordered., December 8, 2012
I am very unhappy with my product, the cord I received is NOT what I ordered and is not what is shown in the picture. I am VERY unhappy.

5.0 out of 5 stars The cable worked like a charm!, December 26, 2013
I couldn't believe I was able to get this cable for about $5.00 that INCLUDED SHIPPING!!! It would have cost me about $35.00 to get this same cable from Nikon's web site! It worked perfectly and is MUCH easier to use than the memory card reader I had purchased to get my photos off the camera. Price, functionality, value... How could I give it anything less than 5 stars? I'm a happy camper!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›