Customer Discussions > Ghosts I - IV forum

Nin Ghosts I - IV how does it place in TR's production?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 10, 2008 8:49:08 AM PDT
Lara says:
Hi
I'm Lara, a new entry in Amazon! I'd like to start with this question, meaning to me how do you consider the new musical issue, but also your opinions on the album at large. D'you think it could be a movie's score or Reznor makes an attempt in writing an Opera?
... And, last but not least, how will he make it play and shows on tour, in putting together this one with Pretty Hate... The Spiral, Fragile With Teeth and so on? ? ? Expecially in the light of the latest info about the rejoining of Robin Finck and Freese in the group? I am really courious about and think it's fascinating each way it's going to turn to...
Where is Trent going?

P.S.: I'm really sorry for not succeeding partecipate very often in this discussion because fo my work, but will have a look...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2008 4:06:43 PM PDT
GarionOrb says:
I don't think this album is meant to compare to the other ones. The point of Ghosts I-IV was to release whatever came out of Trent's musical brainstorming without any tweaking. The result was this myriad of soundbites. I love it, but I don't think this is a permanent shift in direction for Trent or the NIN project.

As far as how he'll incorporate into tours, I'm sure he'll find a creative way to do so. Mixing it in here and there, or just as interludes between songs, is how he's done it in the past with other instrumentals from Fragile and Still.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 9, 2008 11:21:12 AM PDT
I think this album is the closest we'll ever get to listening to something in the vein of "The Fragile" again.

Not that it's a bad thing, but I don't think Trent wants to get in those territories of overproduced masterpieces again. Since WT, he's been keeping it simple, and it has worked for him.

I think he doesn't have that need anymore to try to justify what he presents to you again by overworking on it. He's more like "this is what it is, like it? good, don't like it? there's lots of crap you can hear on the radio then".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Ghosts I - IV forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 10, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 9, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Ghosts I-IV
Ghosts I-IV by Nine Inch Nails
4.2 out of 5 stars   (223)