- Hardcover: 48 pages
- Publisher: Blue Ocean Institute, Manta Publications (2010)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0978541707
- ISBN-13: 978-0978541705
- Product Dimensions: 9.4 x 6.6 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (7 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,112,848 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Nina Delmar: The Great Whale Rescue (1st) Hardcover – 2010
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
More About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1) The Marine Mammal Protection Act and the Endangered Species Act stipulate that heavy fines and even jail time can be incurred if people harass or interact with animals under the Acts' protection without approved permits. Though people's hearts are in the right place when they try to help a protected species, they are, in fact, breaking the law.
2) All those lovely, heartwarming stories you hear about whales calming in the presence of their rescuers or "thanking" them? For each one of those stories there are 10 times as many where the animal was completely uncooperative and a danger to its rescuers. There are people (untrained) who have been killed attempting to disentangle whales. Think about it. These are wild animals that weigh thousands of pounds. They are hurt and they are stressed. Do you really want to be in the water with that? NEVER get into the water with an entangled whale. I have many close friends and colleagues who are TRAINED disentanglers who work from boats and with specialized tools. It's an extremely dangerous job and should only be attempted by professionals.
3) When a whale is disentangled by well-meaning, important data for managers is lost.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Both of our daughters, ages 4 and 7, love this book! Great colorful illustrations throughout the story. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This book is a fabulous read, my daughter loves the information, the characters and the story that unfolds in this very-well-done book. Read morePublished on October 18, 2013 by Karen Gillis