5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy
Published on September 16, 2012 by rsp2071

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!
Published 22 months ago by Teresa-anne Lucas

5.0 out of 5 stars Very comfy, September 16, 2012
I bought these boots at another store because I wanted to try them on first. When it comes to boots, I have to be careful because they tend to fit me weird. I have muscular legs so I'm always disappointed by how some boots fit. Wide legged boots look funny on me because they are too wide and sometimes just regular boots are a little bit tight on me. But when I tried these on, the zipper went up without any troubles! I'm so happy I bought these. I can't wait for the cold weather because I can't wait to wear these with a pair of skinny jeans/leggings.

PS. I bought cognac austin leather.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect boots for the Fall!, October 20, 2012
I can't say enough good things about these boots. I have muscular calves that most riding boots don't fit in; these boots not only fit but have a little room to wiggle! (but don't worry, they aren't gappy or TOO wide) They are a good height, coming just higher than mid-calf (I am 5'10) and have held up very well in the rain and mud. Plus, it's Nine West - you know you're getting a quality shoe when you order from them. I have really enjoyed wearing these and definitely recommend them to anyone who also has a hard time finding tall boots to fit their legs!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed!, November 12, 2012
I'm a big fan of Nine West. The boots are good leather and have a rubber sole. However, the foot is made long and narrower than the average boot. I'm 5'3" and most tall boots fit me at my knee. The shaft height for the Shiza is shorter than expected and definitely not knee-high. I purchased a different brand of riding boots that cost less; and was made so much better. The Nine West Shiza is not worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Like buttah!, November 28, 2012
Beanzmum (Toronto, Canada) - See all my reviews
These boots look so classy with any outfit at all, any colour at all -- my most versatile purchase yet. My only complaint is how wide the calf is -- I'm sure there are others who love this attribute. They fit true to size.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice boots, but too wide, February 1, 2013
I ordered these for comparison with another tall boot (Franco Sarto Clint). I liked these and they were very comfortable, but they were baggy in the calf (particularly around the ankle and lower calf, below the bulk of the muscle). This made them look a bit sloppy, and even though I tightened the buckles, I could still pinch quite a bit of loose leather away from my leg when wearing skinny jeans. I returned them.

For reference my ankles are 8", lower calf 10", upper calf 14". If you have slim ankles and calves, these won't fit very well.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too Large, November 26, 2012
Great boots, but they were way too big on my calves. I was swimming in them. They puckered out on the back of my legs. Unfortunately had to return them. If you have average to slim calves these will probably be too large on you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nine West Shiza Knee High Boot, October 30, 2012
The boots looked nice and I liked the style, but the upper calf area was way too wide for my calf. Had to return the boots.

2.0 out of 5 stars Pretty boot..., December 4, 2012
anonymous (somewhere in Texas) - See all my reviews
I wanted to love this boot but didn't. My legs literally swam in these. The top of the boot was so big that even with jeans tucked in, they stuck out to the point of looking silly. Good for larger legs though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice style, roomy in calf, scratches too easily, overall good, February 1, 2013
I bought this boot in-store in the lovely Dark Natural Leather shade first. I had finally found fairly flat boots that didn't hurt my feet! I have custom orthotics that I needed to fit into a boot with about a 1 inch heel or less. These are good for me. I liked the brown ones so much that I ordered these in Black 2. You'll find a few different black shades online. Black Leather, Black 2, and Black Austin Leather. I haven't seen the other shades in person. I ordered Black 2 because it was cheapest on Prime and seemed a bit more dressy than the Black Leather (from online photos).

FIT:
The calf is a bit roomy (you may see this in other reviews). I am an average height and slender/athletic build, 5'5, and there is some room but I'm not "swimming" as another reviewer wrote. If you want a boot that really grabs the leg, these are not the ones for you. More room is more breathable though, which I like. The body of the boot is less stiff than my brown ones. Which is alright, just different.

LEATHER/WEAR:
I sprayed Cole Haan Leather and Suede Protector on the boots before wearing them. Still, these seem to scratch more easily than the brown ones. Nothing major, just light scuff marks that I can probably buff out. I live in Georgia, so I don't have salt stains and snow to worry about.

MATERIALS:
The zipper seems good quality. However, the soles are wearing out faster than the brown ones. Only had these a few weeks and the heel peeled a bit of rubber already.

CONCLUSION:
I would buy them again because the price was right ($94.99 with free shipping vs. the $139 at Macy's) and I have trouble finding comfortable boots. But at full price, no I doubt I would buy these ones in Black 2 again (but in dark brown natural leather, I would).

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these boots!, November 15, 2012
I have been looking for a pair of riding boots, but didn't want to spend more than about $150. I bought these in the natural leather color and absolutely love them!! I wore them this past weekend to a tailgate and received several compliments. Wore them all day and did not bother my feet at all.

Rate and Discover Movies