Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

on October 25, 2012
I can't say enough about the way this boot feels and fits. Before I purchased riding style boots, I measured my calf (16 1/2) to ensure I would purchase the right one. However, I could never find the exact size of the boot opening for this particular boot and purchased solely on the reviews. I received these boots yesterday (purchased cognac and black) and immediately took them out to try on, omgoodness, this boot feels incredible, it has soft leather and fits my calf. Nothing ever fits my calf, lol. One thing I want to point out to everyone wondering, while the boot opening is 'wide' the area your foot goes into is not, which is fine by me, but I know some women need a larger width shoe (I sometimes do, but this fits great). If you purchase these boots, you will not be disappointed. Happy Shopping!!
11 comment77 of 79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 8, 2012
I have spent years searching for a boot that will zip up and over my large calf. Finally one that will not only zip, but will fit over jeans. They do not feel loose in the ankle as some wide calf boots do. I have a size 6 foot and a 15" calf and these fit perfectly. There is even still some room left if your calves are bigger than mine. I suggest you try these if you have big calves. I haven't worn them too much, but they do feel comfortable so far.
0Comment47 of 51 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 29, 2013
I love this boot. It is just that simple. I have searched for years for a boot to fit my calves, only to be left disappointed and with $10 in return shipping charges. This boot fits my 17 - 17 1/2" calves. It is a little tight, but I believe they will stretch out (most importantly it zips up with jeans!). I wear a size 8 - 8.5, and I ordered an 8 because that is all they have left. After receiving this pair in black I immediately bought the dark brown pair, I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival.

I have struggled for years to find boots to fit me. I am a 22 yr old grad student/young professional and I have a normal body. 5'4" and I weigh between 155 - 165 depending; usually a size 6/8. I have had the biggest struggle with finding things to fit my calves, even skinny jeans! I used to run track and lift with my legs a lot in high school and middle school and I developed very large calf muscles. They look great in heels and a skirt, but you can't find jeans or boots to fit them.

This fall I ordered about 10 pairs of "wide calf" boots and found that they were between 15" - 16" in the circumference. That is NOT wide calf. I eventually came upon a website, 6pm.com, and found a pair of Nine West TipTop Wide Calf boots. These were my saving grace. They fit, they had room, they looked AMAZING. I bought them in Conagc, but by the time I received them all other pairs were sold out except for a size 5.

I then took to the internet again, with my spirits rejuvenated, and I found several other pairs of boots that claimed at 16 1/2" - 17" calf circumference. They again lied. The ONLY brand that truly makes wide calf boots is Nine West. If you have wide calves, please consider buying these. It seems silly, but these boots have really helped me. I am more confident when I go out, I feel that I can be trendy like all my other friends and finally fit in with my age group.

As for all the comments about the box cutter marks, those are a small seam. They are on every pair of leather riding boots. Stop being so picky.

These boots are a must buy! Just try them and you will fall in love!!
0Comment32 of 34 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2012
These boots are perfect. For reference for people looking for wide-calf boots, I am tall - almost 6ft, wear a size ten shoe, and my calf circumference is just under 17 inches. These fit perfectly. They allow enough room for jeans and thick socks but don't flop around and look silly with bare legs or just tights. They are really well crafted with expensive looking leather. I read in a review on another site that the foot bed wasn't terribly supportive and the sole seemed a little thin, so I ordered a half-size up so that I could use an insole. I am glad I made that decision - without the insole, I don't think they would be great if you are on your feet for extended periods of time or do lots of walking - but with the insole, they are perfect. I know these will be a fall/winter staple in my wardrobe for a long time.
22 comments32 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 21, 2012
Thank you Nine West for making a true wide calf boot. My 17 inch calfes are extremely happy with just a little room to spare for tuck in Jeans. The leather is a nice quality and the low zipper entry is great for my wide feet. I ordered a half size bigger so I can wear thicker socks. The boot feels comfortable even with my Plantar Fascitis. Love the Boot and very Happy with the reasonable prize.
0Comment21 of 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 21, 2012
I have searched far and wide for a knee-high boot that fits comfortably over my large calves. This is a really cute boot in a great color, but it was actually too big at the top. I walked around in them and they fell down! I was shocked! My calves are 16 1/2" inches around. So, if your calves are larger, these might be the perfect boots for you. I had to send them back and look for another pair.
11 comment19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2012
These boots are true to size and made of a nice leather. I really just didn't want cheap faux leather and these are perfect. They have a large calf circumference and are super cute!

UPDATE: I have had these for a few months now and the leather is wearing nicely. They are extremely comfortable and I still love them. Very happy with my puchase.
0Comment22 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 4, 2012
Ive been looking for wide calf boots aim e last winter and finally found these at Macy's for a hundred bucks. They do scuff easy bit other than that they are awesome and just the right shaft height and width. I'm 5'5
11 comment11 of 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 1, 2012
This boot is exactly what I wanted--good quality, soft leather, perfect cognac color, and a low heel. While I do have wider calves (about 15.5), this calf is very, very wide, especially at the top. I returned it for the regular calf, which fits greats.
on November 23, 2012
I have a really hard time finding boots that fit my wide calves. I have 16.5" calves, and it's so embarrassing to go into a store and not be able to find anything that fits. I'm also only 5'2", so I think my calves get wider lower down on my super short legs, making even supposedly "wide calf" boots not fit. I read the reviews on these and decided to give in. SO GLAD I DID!!

These boots are of great quality. They come to right below my knee and I didn't have trouble zipping them. I can even wear them with leggings, although I don't think I can tuck in my skinny jeans. The sole is not super comfortable, but I'm thinking of buying insoles so I bought these a half size larger than I normally do to accommodate insoles and thicker socks. The color is great too- just like the picture. I got lots of compliments when I wore these yesterday.