5.0 out of 5 stars Cute flats for wife
Published 16 months ago by Sidney S. Smith

3.0 out of 5 stars My favorite pair of shoes wants me to suffer
I love these shoes. They are my everything. They look amazing with almost any outfit. Seriously, there is nothing cuter than these shoes. But they hate me.

Published 12 months ago by Sarah

3.0 out of 5 stars My favorite pair of shoes wants me to suffer, October 30, 2013

There's this weird hard, black lining around the top of the back of the shoe. It digs into my Achilles tendon like it's trying to take me out for good. First time I wore them I thought, hey, okay they just need to be broken in. WRONG. I tried putting bandaids on the back of my heels. The black thingy cut right through them. I love these shoes. I just wish they loved me back.

After having for a few months, they have stretched a bit, and don't cut into my heel as bad. I still only wear them in office, and take another pair of flats to walk in. Please Nine West, fix the love of my life so I may wear them non-stop, EVERY DAY OF MY LIFE>

Thanks!

Sarah

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute flats for wife, June 14, 2013
This review is from: Nine West Women's Speakup Ballet Flat (Apparel)
My wife, who's a dyed in the wool Maryjane fan and gave up heels long ago, needed a pair of dressy flats for going out, church, etc. Knowing she's a former Nine West fan I spotted these very nice NW ballet flats. They aren't too low cut (she dislikes toe cleavage) yet have that timeless classic look. They are true to size and thus fit her size 10 feet perfectly. The moderate pointy toe is perfect for her conservative taste. These flats are high quality and Amazon shipped them in a timely manner (wouldn't expect anything else). These low heel slats are feather light and very comfortable on her high-arched feet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic All-Purpose Flats, October 29, 2013
Stylish, sophisticated flats that look great with suits, dresses, leggings and jeans. Super comfortable, especially for downtown worker bee types who find themselves hitting the pavement frequently during the workday. I keep a pair of these stashed under my desk for the days I've work ridiculously high heels and suddenly need to run an errand 7 blocks away.

I wear a 7.5, and the 7.5 was just a teensy bit longer than I expected; not enough to go down a size. I corrected the issue with Dr. Scholl's gel cushions in the heel, and they fit perfectly now.

4.0 out of 5 stars Long, sparkly, January 5, 2014
shoe is long and rubs the back of my heel a bit. Other than that super cute. They are very sparkly.

2.0 out of 5 stars Destroyed my feet., July 1, 2013
GingerSpiceIsNice "CaliforniaGingerCandy" (Huntington Beach, California United States) - See all my reviews
Sure, they are beautiful and well designed. However, they are made of fake materials. Too bad I didn't take that into consideration. These shoes don't stretch very well - if at all. For what I spent on these shoes ($70+) they ought to be made of real leather. They ate away at the back of my ankle in a way that a shoe never has. There was blood on my white $70 flats by mid-day. OUCH!

I had to go to PAYLESS shoes in order to purchase heel cushions so that my bloody ankles could survive the rest of the work day. They were $1.99. I also bought nude socks for $4.99 because, these shoes broke skin at the top corners of my feet. Afterwards, I was still in pain even with the socks and heel cushions but, it was manageable after 2 Advil. I had to fiddle with the nude socks throughout the work day. They wouldn't stay on and ended up rolling under my arches.

I was smart in discerning that I should buy a 1/2 size larger. That situation could have been much worse. Just make sure that you bring bandaids if you dare to wear these pretty shoes and order a 1/2 size bigger to compensate for the heel guards and top foot abrasions. The scars are still there and I haven't worn the shoes since. I paid way more than I usually do for shoes. What a shame. I cannot wear them. Thanks a lot Nine West. Too bad. I was so excited about these, formerly. Pedag Stop Padded Leather Heel Grips, Gray, One Pair

1 month later...

Well, it's been awhile and I risked wearing them additional times. It's hard to let $70+ go down the drain. The heel cushions from Payless Shoes help a million but, they still dig into the top of my feet. The nude socks were ugly and inefficient. So, I don't use them anymore and I have to bear it. I can wear them at work for about 2 hours before I need to stick bandaids on the top corners of my feet. Unattractive. It would be nice if corporate offices would change their office dress codes. I miss open toe shoes and wedges. The whole point of closed toe shoes is to protect our feet. To me, with the experiences I've had with closed toe shoes, it's actually quite the opposite. THANK GOD FOR PAYLESS SHOE ACCESSORIES.

3 months later...
I worked out all the kinks and love their design. Shoes are scuffed an already filthy. Too bad. I have a love hate for Nine West. Use real leather!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfort made easy, June 16, 2014
Love these shoes, so comfortable and I also like the previous naughty shoe which I wear all the time! Very happy

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice shoes, October 23, 2013
The color was a lighter brown than I expected from the online photo. The shoes fit, but pinch a little at the toe. This will probably stop as soon as they are broken in, though.

On the other hand, I needed flats, and these removed the temptation to buy a pair in leopard...

2.0 out of 5 stars Not great...., June 24, 2013
They cut into my feet right where the shoe hits (on top) and it is painful. Do not like them and am sorry I didn't keep the box and receipt to return them.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty but too narrow for me, November 3, 2013
I thought these were beautiful, but knew immediately that they wouldn't be comfortable enough and sent them back.

My feet run a touch wide in the toes and these felt just a little narrow to me.

The pony is beautiful, but it would get dirty very quickly out-and-about, I'd imagine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable but Wears Out Quickly!, August 12, 2014
I bought this shoe to attend a wedding, and it is pretty comfortable. The color is nice as well. The picture color is pretty close, I think the actual shoe is slightly a little lighter gold. I generally like Nine West shoes because they are easy to wear and feel very comfortable. However, I gave this three stars because I don't think the shoe quality is very great. After only 2 months of wear, the shoe is already starting to wear out. The gold color at the tip of the shoe is already coming off. I don't think I will be buying this again.