Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Chad Valley All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Amazon Gift Card Offer blacklist blacklist blacklist  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now Learn more

Nine unreleased Bond Blu-rays now WalMart exclusives

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 25, 2012 10:23:51 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 27, 2012 4:09:40 PM PDT
Al Lutz says:
For those that don't want to double dip - the 9 titles available on Blu-ray "for the first time ever:" (Goldeneye, Octopussy, The Spy Who Loved Me, You Only Live Twice, The Living Daylights, Tomorrow Never Dies, Diamonds are Forever, A View to a Kill and On Her Majesty's Secret Service) are now online as WalMart exclusives for a little under $10 each.

Update: The follow-up post notes that the remaining titles have been split as exclusives between WalMart, Target and Best Buy. Thanks to the poster for clarifying that.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 25, 2012 10:29:10 PM PDT
ESP says:
That's not true. Only Goldeneye, Octopussy and Diamonds Are Forever are listed on the WalMart site as exclusive individual releases. A View to a Kill, The Living Daylights, and Tomorrow Never Dies are slated to be Target exclusives, while the remaining 3 (On Her Majesty's Secret Service, You Only Live Twice, and The Spy Who Loved Me) will be available at Best Buy. Not sure if these will be later on and not 10/2 like the WalMart titles.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2012 5:37:25 AM PDT
If that's the case, who did Target tick off to get all of the duds out of the remaining discs? Not that I don't like all of the movies in their own way, but of all of the James Bond films, those listed as Target exclusives would have to be at the bottom of my list of most wanted.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2012 4:07:41 PM PDT
Al Lutz says:
Thanks for clearing that up ESP! Much appreciated.

Posted on Sep 28, 2012 11:42:08 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 28, 2012 11:43:04 PM PDT
JJ350 says:
What a stupid way of releasing blu-rays. Good thing I just got the collection so I don't need to deal with going to multiple stores just to get the movies I would want.

Posted on Sep 29, 2012 6:44:29 AM PDT
I agree it does make it difficult to say that there are no marketing tactics thrown in here, with the 11 (or 13) of the blu-rays that were previously available being re-released everywhere, with NEW card wraps, and the 9 that were NOT ever out on blu being split into 3s, exclusive to three separate retailers. Plus, all coming out a week after the Bond 50 box.

Nonetheless, I am happy myself to have the box with everything in one place.

Posted on Oct 4, 2012 5:14:04 PM PDT
AH-1Z says:
Walmart actually started selling their three early. They're $9.96 each.
Target started on Oct. 2 and A View to a Kill and Tomorrow Never Dies are $9.99, while Living Daylights for some reason is $14.99
Although some reports say Best Buy is also selling their three, apparently they are not going going to sell theirs until the 23rd and I understand the price will be $14.99 each

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 10:49:32 PM PDT
Sean M Grimm says:
I was just on Walmart's site and only Diamonds Are Forever is there and it's out of stock online. I can't even locate Goldeneye or Octopussy.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012 5:14:42 AM PDT
I ordered all three online last week and received them Tuesday 10/2.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012 11:04:34 AM PDT
AH-1Z says:
For Walmart and Target, they are also available in the stores (where I got mine), and Best Buy will jhave them in the stores later in the month.

Posted on Oct 16, 2012 7:41:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 16, 2012 7:41:57 PM PDT
AH-1Z says:
Robert Sean Mcphail's comments about the Best Buy trio is a good example of how there are so many diverse opinions in the world. "The Spy Who Loved Me" is widely considered Roger Moore's best Bond movie. Not that many people warmed to George Lazenby in "OHMSS", but as for the movie itself it is considered one of the best ones in the series and Diana Rigg as Tracy is arguably the best female lead character in all of the Bond films. "You Only Live Twice" certainly will not make the top five of greatest Bond films, but it's a lot of fun.

I'd argue that of the three sets of three "exclusives", Best Buy got the pick of the lot.

See? It takes all kinds to make a world....

Posted on Oct 23, 2012 2:19:14 PM PDT
I'm having a hard time finding Octopussy (Walmart exclusive) as well as Living Daylights, Tomorrow Never Dies and A View to a Kill (all 3 Target exclusive). The ones I do not have (down to 4) are not listed on the websites and amazon and eBay both have them listed way above an acceptable price. Any word on re release dates??

Posted on Oct 25, 2012 6:48:16 AM PDT
james white says:
I picked up each movie on day of release and most of the stores ran out of the exclusives with in a couple of days. I am sure they will get a restock but the stores in my area had no info but maybe when Skyfall hits theaters they will be restocked. The exclusive deal is only for a limited time. Most likely when Skyfall hits blu-ray the others will be readily available everywhere as well. Its a shame when stores don't stock exclusives better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Sep 25, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about