5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT! And I'll even tell you what came with it!
So it's a bit unclear what all comes with This system so I'll break it down here. 4 single serve cups with 4 lids and 1 blade attachment, the base, the 40oz main container, the main blades for that, a processing blade (plastic), the dough paddle (plastic), owner's guide, Guide to a healthy lifestyle, recipe book, registration card.
I was concerned that there wouldn't...
Published on December 16, 2011 by B. Gillespie

3.0 out of 5 stars Does several things well, but some frustrations
I received this blender as a gift (thanks, Parents!) from my wish list and have used it for many things:

green smoothies
guacamole
sauces
vegetable chopper
whipped coconut milk

Published 23 months ago by NatPatBen

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT! And I'll even tell you what came with it!, December 16, 2011
This review is from: Ninja Kitchen System Pulse Blender with Free Cookbook - Model BL205 (Kitchen)
I was concerned that there wouldn't be the extra paddles and there would only be one single cup but NOPE! Came with all 4 and the paddles. The recipe book is AMAZING! Dough, drinks, salsa, ice cream, you name it, they have it in there. The guide to healthy living has some great recipes as well as tips and a page showing what the different attachments can do.
Everything but the base is dishwasher safe. Base is easy to wipe down, just a few little places something could crust but if you wipe it as soon as something spills i's no problem at all.
The company also sends you info on returns. You have 60 day money back guarantee. KEEP EVERYTHING! Saves you from missing parts fee for your packing materials. Also they "can" charge a 15% restock if it's been used, but if it's unopened, you should get 100% back, even at that, 85% isn't bad.
Ninja is known for their customer service. If something happens to it, call them is my advice. I have a friend who had a warped blade and they sent her a whole new set of attachments. The trouble shooting guides in the booklets seem to cover a lot of possible issues too.
I have replaced a juicer, blender, food processor, and a mixer. It really does do it all. And I saved myself from getting an ice cream maker! Even makes a lovely sorbet.
Just follow the directions. Pulse it. Allows you to control the consistency better. Sometimes it takes a hot minute but it's better than when you find that chunk in your smoothie :/
I say get it. If you're into smoothies, salsa (which by the way, the mark up on salsa is INSANE! Make your own), cookies, drinks, fresh juice, ice cream...okay if you like food and you make it at home GET THIS! I paid $99 on sale, I would still get it if it WASN'T on sale! No need for the big stand mixer! I LOVE my Ninja Pulse!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life-changing., March 5, 2012
Seriously - my whole life is different because of this blender. It sounds ridiculous, but I used to dread blending (!) because I have never had a good experience! My previous blenders would conk out whenever I tried to blend anything more challenging than liquid. Blending chick peas to make hummos was exhausting - for me and the blender. Forget blending frozen fruit or ice. It was hard work, time-consuming, and a total drag. SO frustrating. And then the clean-up with my other blenders was an exercise in engineering - actually having to dismantle the whole thing to clean the blade.

The Ninja Pulse System is UNREAL. I can't believe it. This thing blends frozen bananas like it's nothing - and it's done in seconds. SECONDS!! The single-serve blender cups are a revelation, too. To be able to drink straight from the cup, saving me extra clean-up of a separate glass?? There is nothing about this blender that I do not LOVE. It's well-designed, EASY to clean (which makes me want to use it more) - and, best of all, it actually works.

I have coveted the Vita-Mix blender for years - but I just can't see spending $500 for a blender. I cannot imagine that I would love a Vita-Mix more than I love this Ninja-Pulse. It does everything I could ever ask - and it does it quickly and with ease.

You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars This product is brilliant!, March 4, 2012
I've got a very small kitchen where space is valuable. Appliances have to really be great to stay. I have seen some infomercials for some of the Ninja products, which looked intriguing (and almost too good to be true), but never bought them. I was browsing at a store, trying to find a cheap, small, food processor because I didn't have one and needed it for a recipe. When I saw the Ninja Pulse, it stood out from the pack because it fit the bill as a food processor but also seemed to cover several other things I was interested in: single-serve blending, and making dough. I've got an Oster single-serve blender (one that blends directly in a to-go cup) that doesn't work very well, and I've been wanting a stand-mixer so I could make pizza dough but don't have the space for it. The Ninja Pulse seemed like it had potential to do a better job than some of my existing appliances and also cut down on the number of appliances I need to keep around. So I bought it.

First off, as a blender (particularly for the single-serve to-go cups) this thing is GREAT. Much more effective and faster than the Oster. It does a fabulous job turning ice into snow for tasty slushie drinks. A little tip: get some Soda syrups (I've been using syrup from my Sodastream which can be found at a lot of major retailers now) and blend with ice and alcohol for some AMAZING drinks! We've been mixing ice, cola syrup, rum, and a splash of lime or cherry liquour for the most delicious slushy adult drinks you can imagine. The texture and consistensy is perfect! Just blending up a couple of fresh oranges and ice is also super refreshing and healthy. Works great for smoothies, blending up fruit, etc. I don't have to try and fiddle around with it to get all the fruit to blend like with my Oster blender. So this knocked blending out of the park for me, next up is making pizza dough.

I previously would make pizza dough by hand... which is very tedious and time consuming... I've always wanted a stand-mixer, but don't have the space. The Ninja Pulse comes with a dough hook. I followed the included recipe (which was very easy), and it really blows my mind how quickly it makes a perfect ball of pizza dough. You activate the yeast in hot water for 10 minutes, pour it in the 40oz canister, add flour, sugar, salt, and oil... use the Pulse to mix it up, and within a couple minutes you've got a nice ball of dough. Let it rise for an hour or so and it's good to go. I've made it twice now and it's turned out really well!

We also tried making cookies with the included cookie paddle. This also worked well, but I will caution that most recipes we came across were too large to make with the 40oz container... so you'll need to cut the recipes down to make it fit. I bake cookies maybe once every couple years so I don't mind... the fact that it can make them at all is a bonus for me. Works well, just for smaller recipes. I've ended up ordering the Ninja Pulse cookbook (the one that came with mine only has a few pages, and no cookie recipes) but it hasn't come yet. That should remedy this problem, but just be aware if you want to follow other recipes they might need to be cut down to fit.

Overall I really am thrilled with my purchase. It does the job that 3 appliances would do for me, and I honestly don't feel like it under-performs at anything I've used it for. Really a quality appliance all around. I was skeptical after seeing the infomercials but am now a believer!

5.0 out of 5 stars Using it twice a day, hope it doesn't ever break!, December 13, 2011
I love this thing so much that I'd buy 2 in case the first one breaks.

I bought it on a whim and it has been fantastic. Highly recommended for a personal quick smoothie system.

Just drop in a banana, some whey, some strawberries, milk and OJ and you have a retail $6 smoothie.

Cleans easy and fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovin the pulse, August 19, 2012
Update Feb 2013:
I just wanted to provide my overdue 30 day update-6 months later. :)

I am still in love with my Ninja Pulse. In fact, I was using it everyday for smoothies and frappucinos until I ran out of instant coffee-which is probably a good thing as the coffee had me wall-bouncing. But back to the Ninja.

After six months of use, it still runs great and blends like nobody's business. If you are hoping for juicing capabilities, I-like many others- do not recommend the Ninja Pulse as it is NOT a juicer. But, if you want to blend and chop to your heart's content, then this baby is for you.

Some notes on cleaning: there is a 'fill' line for blending, please pay heed. Sometimes, if you over load your blending cups, your liquid can "oooze" in the blending compartment when blending and cause stains. Fortunately, its easy to clean but you may want to avoid the unsightliness if you can.

Also, most Pulse's come with four individual cups. I have noticed that cleaning these cups are not always so easy. Like any slim cup (or even bottle), you have to get in there with a bottle brush or some other brush to clean. Also, when you tighten the lids, this could cause residue to get trapped round the rubber seal and other parts of the lids. So, just be sure to clean regularly after every use should be fine) and that way you can make sure you cup is ready to go for its next blend.

Other than that, no complaints and still Lovin' The Pulse! :)

First Review: Aug. 2012
I did not buy this from amazon but I am writing a review since reading the reviews here and other places where helpful to me. It'll be quick & dirty...enjoy:

I was on the fence between this item, a Cuisinart blending system, and a Sharper Image blender (found at Kohl's). Oddly enough, this item is not listed on the Kohl's site, just the more powerful version of the ninja blending system. So I thought that if I wanted a blender right away (for the price), then I should go with the other two options. (Yes, this item is at Walmart but blah to them! And I did see the blender only-not the whole blending system - at Bed Bath and Beyond for the same price at the time of this write-up. Kohl's was surprisingly the better choice which you will see why below. )

So anyway, after doing research and watching a gazillion blender video reviews, I walk into Kohls B&M and there it was....my own personal blending system!! And guess what? For $20 cheaper too!!!!! (plus I used my 20% discount...yeah, that sound you hear is the angels singing).

Anyway, I only wanted it for smoothies so you better believe that when I got home, I went straight to my kitchen, gave Ninja a nice cleaning, and prepared my inaugural smoothie. And man, is this thing awesome! For so long, I had to use cheap blenders b/c, well, I'm the mayor of brokesville. But I decided to live on the edge and give this sucker a try. So wish I had tried it long ago! In the past, I just couldn't get my smoothies just like I wanted but with this thing, the texture is exactly what I was hoping for. No huge chunks of ice or fruit in my cup... just good ol' smoothie goodness.

A few cons (yeah, you knew they were coming):
+I smelled a bit of plastic burning but I was breaking out appliance so that probably is to be expected.

+Also, if the single cup lids are not tightly screwed on, your smoothie or other blended treat will drip from the side of the cup and you will be forced to lick it off of your shirt or the counter/table in front of you. If this happens, please avoid licking your garments & table in public. Oh, and just give that cup a tight screw and you should be ok.

+Lastly, its not a juicer so if you want that, this is probably not the best option. But, its great at blending ice and other frozen things that were once the bane of my existence.

I am sure other reviews are more helpful but here's my thumbs up to them!<--------See it? 'm going to put this through a 30 day test and come back with an update. In the meantime, I'm joining Team Ninja Pulse.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!! Supports my juicing/raw food regime!, June 16, 2012
As soon as I received this, I made a wonderful juice made of kale, cucumber, green apple, garlic, carrots, & grapes. Delicious! I then made salsa to die for! With the four ninja single serves, it's easy to prepare each juice serving (~14-15 oz) ahead of time and mix when ready. I like to mix just before consuming to have the freshest enzymes & nutrients. I put the covered single serves in the fridge until ready. Clean-up is extremely easy; just rinse ninja components in the sink with disposer (takes care of food pieces) and air dry. Done!

I also started a juicing/raw foods regime and ninja makes it very easy. Check out the movie "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead." It's available on amazon free for prime members or the reboot your life website. In just a few days, I can already feel increased energy and my body is so happy to have the fresh juice/raw foods--no unknown additives/chemicals or sugars. And, before I go to bed, I make a special treat: fresh, frozen sorbet with pomegranate juice, frozen strawberries and blueberries with fresh squeezed lemon juice and maybe some banana. Creamy & delicious! (I can also add some rice protein to reduce the glucose response.)

Note, this is *not* a traditional juicer. The pulp is not separated from the juice...but can run thru cheese cloth, if desired. Personally, I enjoy the creamy, thicker texture (depends on how long I let it run).

My only complaint is that the 40 oz container can be too small. I guess I'll have to learn to make smaller batches!

3.0 out of 5 stars Does several things well, but some frustrations, January 8, 2013
NatPatBen (Houston, Texas) - See all my reviews

green smoothies
guacamole
sauces
vegetable chopper
whipped coconut milk

I like having one machine out instead of 3 (food processor, magic bullet for smoothies, larger blender), but there are a few things that bother me about this blender:

1) The holes in the lids! Whose idea was this???? I take my smoothies on the bus to eat when I get to work. If I use the Ninja cups, I can expect spills. They could've at least come with half & half (holes in lids and no holes in lids). I've looked around online and not found different lids.
2) A regular bendy-straw does not reach the bottom of the cup with the lid on. This should not have made it past QA.

Update:
Called the company. They sell storage lids for $3.95/each (as of January 21, 2013). I ordered one, reluctantly. I asked if I can trade in my lids instead of paying, but that was not an option.
3) It can take several tries for the blender to come on with the single cups. I do nothing different everytime I try to press down & turn to pulse, but sometimes it works on the first try; other times it takes multiple tries. Never had this issue with the magic bullet.

I may call the company to ask about solid lids.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great personal blender, November 18, 2011
Just bought the Ninja Pulse BL205 because I wanted a blender that was easy to clean and perfect for making individual smoothies or shakes. This one fits the bill. The parts are dishwasher safe and so far it has worked beautifully for individual servings. I already owned a high power full-size blender but it didn't do a good job on single servings and it is defintely not dishwasher safe.

I have not used the 40 oz. bowl yet but since I am so happy with the personal blending capabilities it just doesn't matter to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ninja Pulse!, December 7, 2011
Two weeks ago, I purchased the Ninja Pulse System, and I have used it EVERY day since I received it...sometimes twice a day. Instead of eating a boring banana before my workouts, I have been making delicious smoothies with banana, yogurt, blueberries, etc. Also, I'm not a person who loves vegetables, but I know my body needs them. So, I have been blending vegetables, along with some fruit, to make nutritious drinks. So far, I've only used the single-serve cup, and the Ninja has been powerful enough to blend everything that I have put in it..even crushes ice cubes into snow. Clean up is so easy, too. I'm looking forward making cool drinks this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect Blender to Complement my Juicer !, August 24, 2012
We are juice fanatics in our house and LOVE our fresh juices. But the kids wanted something that could make smoothies and slushies with all the benefits we get from the juice. I've been searching for a "blender" for a month and finally settled on this one due to the price and the rave reviews.

Right out of the box, we popped on an individual cup and made an orange/strawberry/raspberry slushie. The next cup was immediately used for a soy yogurt/blueberry/strawberry/raspberry smoothie. Wow and double wow. Read these positive reviews and believe them. I wouldn't trade this for a "VitaMix" if someone gave it to me!

Please, please remember..this is a blender, NOT a juicer. Your fruits and veggies will retain the pulp, although it will be very well-blended. This is NOT a bad thing. It has to do with rates of absorption of the vitamins and minerals.

Cleaning this is a breeze - and that is certainly different than cleaning a juicer. Different equipment/different results - both EXTREMELY beneficial to your health. I highly recommend this machine. It is very well-made and will do just about anything you want it to do.