Best Books of the Month Shop Men's Shoes Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Janet Jackson All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Videos Amazon Gift Card Offer jrscwrld jrscwrld jrscwrld  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Nintendo Digital Games Fall Arrivals in Amazon Outdoor Clothing Learn more

Style Name: Mega Ktichen System with Meal Prep KitChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon September 1, 2013
First of all, I have to admit that I am a bit of a kitchen appliance junky. I am always looking for the perfect appliance or cooking implements that will perform multiple jobs. I have a number of cutting, chopping, liquefying for drinks type appliance, including Nutri Bullet, a Vitamix, a Ninja Master Prep Pro, and a Magic Bullet 17 pc. system in addition to a few other choppers by Cuisinart and Black and Decker.

First of all, some of the reviewer dinged the reviews because they got cut on the blades. Are the blades sharp - you-bet-cha. Can you get cut on them? Of course, they are sharp, and they need to be. Heck, I have cut myself on the Cuisinart mini chopper blades when I was in a hurry to clean them, and I also sometimes cut myself with some of the sharp knives that I have. Is this the fault of the product? Of course not. When you are handling any sharp objects you need to be careful so you don't cut yourself, but sometimes it happens.

As for any clittety-clack reported by one reviewer, I haven't heard any of that. Is it loud? - It is, but then so are any of my other high powered mixers and choppers. Even my Kitchen Aid mixer is loud, and the Nutri Bullet can be deafening. Any appliance with a lot of power is going to be noisy, and the volume often depends on what you are processing. Even the Magic Bullet can be noisy if you are pulverizing something hard like cinnamon sticks. If you are sensitive to noise, you might be better off mixing and chopping by hand.

So, on to the review for the Ninja Mega Kitchen System 1500. I did have the Ninja 1100 system, and sold it on Ebay. It didn't have the power that I needed or expected. I bought this system, and I really to like it and use it. It has the power of my Vitamix, but is more useful for many jobs and is easier to clean. On this system, the blades come out. So the blades and the container can be cleaned easily. On the Vitamix, the blades do not come out. So you have to put a soap solution in it and run it to get the underside of the blades cleaned. The Vitamix will pull food down into the blades as long as you have enough liquid and the food pieces are small. Otherwise, you have to use the plunger to push food into the blades. The Ninja System does a better job a chopping without liquefying the food at the bottom and leaving larger pieces at the top. The Ninja definitely wins at doing a better job of evenly chopping. I really don't find the locking mechanism on the Ninja to be an inconvenience. It's just a matter of placing the cover on and clicking down the handle.

I have used my Vitamix in the past to make a Caesar Dressing that uses whole garlic cloves and it does a good job mixing and creaming everything, but the dressing sticks under the blades and it's difficult to clean. Now I use the single serve cups on the Ninja. It does just as good on the dressing, but it's easier to clean. To make the dressing creamy, I just hold the pulse button down for a couple of minutes. The longer you hold it, the smoother the mixture. I haven't tried smoothies in this machine yet, but I imagine the pulse button would just need to be held down for a couple of minutes to make a liquefied drink. I don't think the blades of the larger jars would make a completely smooth drink, but the blade for the smallest jar is similar to the Nutribullet, and with the more powerful motor would likely make a very smooth smoothie.

I often use chopped onions, green peppers, and garlic in my recipes, and the Ninja has be great for this. I throw all of them into the medium container, and everything gets chopped with a few pulses. The chopping can be more or less fine depending on the number of pulses. What I like about the chopping this system does is that everything is evenly chopped. I don't get liquefied food at the bottom and larger pieces on the top as is the case with most choppers. At this point in time, I have disposed of all of my other choppers.

I haven't tried this machine for dough mixing, but I have my Kitchen Aid mixer for that. I generally make bread batches much too large for this machine. All-in-all, I am very happy with this purchase, and have used it often. With it's versatility and ease in cleaning, it has replaced my Vitamix on my countertop. Although I wouldn't get rid of my Vitamix because of the longer warranty and proven dependability, for now it has been put away in favor of this Ninja system. I have found this Ninja system to be much more useful and versatile.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 27, 2013
This Ninja BL 770 blender is an absolute dream come true for us! $199, stylish, contemporary look, 1500 Watts, 2HP, 4 speeds, 72 oz. BPA free pitcher (most high end blenders only come with a 64 oz. pitcher). I did a LOT of research on blenders before this purchase, because I wanted mine to be able to make super-smooth smoothies, nut butters and also grind organic rye berries for my homemade breads, as well as grate raw potatoes for my homemade German potato dumplings. I knew I needed a 1500 Watt/2 HP blender, but I didn't really want to spend 500+ Dollars for one, although I was prepared to do so and even had saved up $600 for this purchase. Then I finally found a blender that was "only" $345 and ordered it: The GooD4U "Raw Power" 64 oz. 3.5 HP 230-v Blender, with almost as many volts as my powerful Maytag dryer has (240-v). But when the blender finally arrived it had a European plug on it! I had to fight the seller, A'21stCenturyKitchen' tooth and nail over the return shipping of over $32 (or optionally a 20% restocking fee ($70). I was out of my $345 for almost a whole month!
Meanwhile my savvy son found this Ninja BL 770 blender at Target. We bought it the next day and tried it out right away! Both my teenage kids love the two 16 oz. cups with the blade and lids, while I love the 72 oz. pitcher, the 8 cup bowl and the dough blade even more. The best part is the 2 horsepower strength of the 1500 Watt motor: It crushes ice cubes into snow in seconds, AND it liquefies the toughest vegetables (also in just seconds, thus not heating up your yummy green juices) AND it even kneads! I bought my Ninja in early March of 2013, and I have already made my first homemade Mayonnaise, Sauce Hollandaise, Crêpe batter, bread dough, you name it. And our smoothies are smoother than smooth! (The secret: Read the directions, you have to pulse the ingredients a few times before blending them!) Clean up is a breeze! You can even store it on your kitchen countertop, because with the 8 cup bowl attached it's low enough to fit under any standard kitchen cabinet. Just gotta watch your fingers when cleaning the blades ... CRAZY sharp! The only downside: This blender is not for commercial use.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 31, 2012
Powerful blender, had it for about a month. I've used the blender for large quantity smoothies and juices, single serve sizes for just myself, and the food processor portion to make various salsas. I've never had an issue with items not getting processed or cut down enough. The blender makes quick work of anything I've throw in there from frozen peaches, onion, to tomatoes. The single serve, pulse, dough, and blend settings are displayed clearly on the base. Locking suction cups hold the blender's base to the counter. I haven't made dough in it..yet.

I have two minor and I mean minor cons:
1) It's big, expect all the parts to take up cabinet space. Singel Serve cups, lids, large food processor, dough mixers, inserts, etc. The parts don't fit nicely together to compact the space it takes up.
2) Usually when you buy blenders and juicers it comes with a cookbook. It does come with a small book of about 60ish receipes and over half are smoothies. There is a cookbook available running about 20-30 bucks, but if you pay over 200.00 for a blender the cookbook should have been a freebie.

If you are looking for a powerful blender I'd highly suggest it, It's in a higher price range, but you get a quality product.
1313 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 21, 2013
The Ninja seemed to be a great product. We purchased one 6/27/13 and it quickly became integral to food preparation in our household. Its 1500 watt motor performed admirably. Alas, this story does not end well. On 11/20/13 the rotor of the base unit broke during use. Since it had been less than 5 months since we bought the Ninja customer support was contacted regarding warranty service. The company basically gave us the kiss-off. We were informed by customer support that there was no warranty service for the unit because it was purchased at Amazon and there was no way for them to know whether the unit was purchased new or used. The company offered to send a new motor unit for $59.95 or we could spend a minimum of $40 for shipping both ways to see if the item could be repaired. Since we paid $219.95 less than 5 months ago paying another $60 to rectify the problem does not seem fair. It was intimated that had we purchased the Ninja some place other than Amazon we would receive full warranty service. I did not realize that buying this product from Amazon would result in a substandard warranty. If you feel lucky than by all means pay for this overpriced piece of junk. It can blend with the best of them however long it holds up. The actual rating is less than 1 star.

UPDATE 11/26/13: After posting the review Amazon was contacted and they replaced the unit. The new replacement was received 11/25/13. The comments regarding the product and the manufacturer and warranty are still valid.
review image
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
967 of 1,081 people found the following review helpful
on September 25, 2013
I do love the variety of containers ESPECIALLY the single serve container/blender. I mean I LOVE that feature of this machine. But the end product doesn't taste good no matter what container it's in. Especially if you blend veggies. Applesauce is good. Kalesauce? Not so much.

Confession: I was after a Nutri-Bullet, but I was disappointed by its small capacity. I was looking for something with a greater capacity, and I was willing to invest a little more money in something that could hold more. This was the next best option, or so it seemed.

Backstory: I knew two or three people that were very happy with their Nutri-bullet, although most of them only used it one or two times a week. I intended to use such a machine perhaps two or three times a day. I was not confident that the small, and kind of cheap-looking machine could handle that much use over a long period of time. Plastic items do not last long compared with glass and stainless products. The warranty the company is willing to give ought to confirm that for you. Both the Ninja and the Bullet have less-than-desirable warranties. That tells me, as a consumer, that the company does not stand by its product because they aren't dumb, and they know that these products aren't built to last. Avoid products with a one-year warranty or less as rule.

Despite my suspicions, I allowed the BBB rep try to sell me the Ninja. He told me first the he is SUPPOSED to sell the Nutribullet as much as he can, but that in good conscience he did not recommend it. I was mostly after a machine that would liquefy nuts, seeds, and fibrous items like coconut. I also wanted a machine that would minimize the taste of greens and algae that I wanted to incorporate into my smoothies since my young daughter will not eat any vegetables on her own accord. Come hell or high water, this child WILL eat something good for her even if I have to go broke trying to make that happen. The salesperson told me that the ninja obliterates anything he puts in it, and that he purchased several for himself being a personal trainer that frequently makes smoothies. OK, fine. I have an open mind. I am not too proud to take something back.

So, after attempting to make several different smoothies, I was confident that the machine could not handle coconut flesh and other very fibrous items. It barely broke down chocolate nibs and did very little to liquefy the seeds and greens. And that's what I purchased it for. I gave my daughter a glass of a smoothie that should of been delicious and at 3.5 years, she told me it was "too crunchy." Definitely a fail.

- The machine does pulverize things, but not finely enough.
- The motor of the machine smells funny when you press the button.
- If you make your smoothies in the morning, you should make sure you are all set up the night before if you aren't a morning person. You have to line everything up and make sure the arrows match or the machine will not work. I am not a morning person so I resent all of this after paying 200 dollars for it.
- The machine is made by Euro-Pro. If I had known that before I bought it, I wouldn't be writing the review. Their products have failed on me many times and the company shunned every effort I made to find a solution. They make products that are great for a month or two then short out. You know the Shark vacuums? Same people. If you are a fan of replacing appliances every year, you'll be alright!

- If you are just blending fruits, berries, yogurt and protein shakes, you will probably like the machine.
- If you are a tree-hugger like me that puts chia and hemp seeds, kale and cacao nibs in your smoothies, or any berries with seeds, this machine is NOT going to cut it, unless you carry floss with you everywhere and don't mind your smoothie tasting like there is sand in it.
- Don't let well-meaning sales people deter you from your plan. After watching several videos on YouTube, I have to say I had exactly the same results shown in the comparisons between Ninja & Nutri-Bullet. If you need a better machine than the Nutri-bullet, it's gonna cost hundreds more. I made the investment on a vita-mix since I am still somewhat young and have many years to reap the full benefit of it, and I eat many health foods. I encourage you to watch the vita-mix comparisons with the Nutri-bullet and the Ninja. After you watch those videos, you will be able to buy with confidence.

Oh, and the vita-mix is made in Ohio, not China, and the company offers a seven year warranty on its appliances. I don't mind spending more knowing that the company will back me up if something happens to the machine. Also, I like knowing that child laborers did not put my machine together.

FINAL NOTE: The vita-mix is a whopping 400-549 dollar investment. If you are making single servings, try the Nutri-bullet first, unless, like I said, you're making simple fruit smoothies and protein shakes. The Ninja is fine for that. But if you are trying to incorporate more super foods and greens into your diet, Nutri-bullet is the better choice, and the vita-mix is best if you can stomach the cost. I will review that when I have enough experience with it to offer a fair review. Hope this helped somebody, it took long enough to write.
4141 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 28, 2013
NOT dishwasher safe - processor bowl cracked - customer service WON'T HELP and I've had it less than a month! ALL the product materials clearly say parts are "BPA free and dishwasher safe," but perhaps the 2nd time I pulled my processor bowl out of the dishwasher, put the lid on, and it cracked straight down the side. Piece of crap. I contacted customer service and they won't help, I bought it at BJs online and it has been exactly 1 month + 1 day since I placed the order - I've had it in the house less than a month as it took 5-6 days to arrive. Crap product and inexcusable customer service, I cannot recommend.
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 24, 2013
I NEVER write product reviews unless a product just really "blows my skirt up". I researched this product along with all of the other Ninja products as well as other high-end blenders before finally settling on this blender. I watched countless review, how to, demo's and infomercial videos before finally making up my mind on this product. I just received it yesterday and have used it several times already.

For starters unboxing - or unveiling as I like to call it - is something magical as it comes with many different attachments. (Use Caution when handing the blades - SUPER SUPER SHARP!) The 72 oz. blender which I thought would be really huge but after all its about normal size compared to other blenders of its caliber. The larger processor bowl, the smaller processor bowl that fits inside the larger one and then the 2 smoothie cups that come with their own blending blade.

Upon sitting the blender base on the counter you could tell this product was one to be marveled. The base is really sturdy and I was afraid that the locking rubber feet on it would not grip our counter tops as they have a slight texture to them but it gripped them just perfect and with the base locked to the counter top you cannot pull the blender off or tip it over.

OK. So the first thing my wife made was hummus and she used the smaller processor bowl. The hummus came out really creamy and more blended than what we were used to in our small mini chopper that's manufacturer name rhymes with Cuisinart. The second thing I had to try was what we all see on the infomercials - crushed ice. I filled the blender up 1/2 way with cubed ice and turned it on. Yes, it was loud but what do you expect? You ARE crushing ice - not massaging it. The ice literally turned in to a fine fine powder like snow. After seeing this I had to have more. So after dinner I made some sorbet/ice cream in it (using the 72 oz container) with frozen strawberries, soy milk, some sugar and agave. It turned out so thick and creamy it was unbelievable.

This morning I used the smoothie attachment to make my usual morning smoothie. WOW! This thing.....WOW! My old blender I had to blend my smoothie for about 2 minutes to get it to chewing consistency. The Ninja Mega had my smoothie liquified in less than 20 seconds. For your comparison my smoothie ingredients are: soy milk, fresh spinach, 1 green apple, 14 almonds, chunky peanut butter, cinnamon, chia seeds. All of these were so finely liquified that the only way I knew almonds of chia seeds were in it was from the flecks you could see.

This blender is such a great and easy to use product. My grandmother could use it - but the sound and power of the 2 HP motor would probably scare her in to cardiac arrest. So far I'm really liking this blender and cannot wait to use it again. It's such a travesty that I had to come to work today and that it's not the weekend.

-Easy cleanup
-Sturdy construction and feel
-Super sharp blades....SUPER!
-Safety mechanisms that prevent the machine from running if the lid is not on properly
-locking suction cups to latch to your work surface, and easy unlocking. (Flip a level)

-It does feel just a slight on the bulky side (What do you expect - this IS the professional edition, not your average college margarita maker)
-The buttons feel cheap and like overtime pressing them may wear the plastic off them (Time will tell)
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 10, 2013
I have been using this blender, and it's different accessories, since Sept. 2012. It works as efficiently now as it did brand new, and I, or my daughter, use it almost daily. I do not find it to be much louder than the cheap blender my daughter used before, for her protein shakes. I also do not find the 30 seconds to a minute and a half it usually runs, to be that irritating. If you are wondering if the single servings blend as well as the full size...oh yes, they certainly do! I didn't think it was possible in that small size, but it really works great!

I had never used anything like this before, and I am awed by the versatility of these pieces. I admit, my highest usage is making green or fruit smoothies. I do not feel the lack of a cook book, as the amount of information available on the internet is massive. And, after using this for a short time, it becomes very easy to embellish the recipes you use every day. I have to say, anyone who is not getting a perfect smoothie is just not doing it right. If you add the correct amount of liquid, it will be perfect...every time. The thing is, that amount is not always the same. Some fruits and vegetables have a different water content, and it also changes whether they are fresh or frozen. Coconut milk, Silk, and regular milk need to have water added. Well, for my tastes anyway. I don't like green smoothies too sweet. Most of the time I have to add's easier to add then to have it too runny, and try to thicken it up again, so I have a light hand with liquids. My next favorite is the fruit sorbet. About a cup of coconut milk and a couple of cups of frozen fruit...awesome. You want to keep it thick. Mine is eating consistency, right out of the short unit. I only put it in the freezer if I make more than I want to eat right away. Oh yes, my daughter now uses this to make her protein shakes, and her margaritas, and nut butter, and on, and on...

You want it to work right? Read the instruction book. The lid can be a little tight, especially the first time. Consider, do you want it to pop right off, or do you want a nice tight seal when that liquid starts moving? I am 72 yrs. old, and I have no problem putting enough effort into pulling the lid off. I also had no problem believing the instructions when they said not to use hot liquids/food.

For me, the bottom line is, I eat healthier and with less effort, than ever. My digestion has improved, I've lost weight, and I have more energy. If this wears out before I do, we will definitely get another one!!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on September 30, 2013
I'd been considering a Vitamix, but my old blender bit the dust so I was forced into buying sooner than I expected, with a tighter budget. Good thing, too, or I'd have never found the Ninja Mega Blender! This baby is powerful. I make smoothies every day. I used to have to chop whole fruits pretty small and let frozen fruits thaw a bit before blending, but with the Ninja I can just toss everything in there and blend it up in seconds. (I do recommend cutting large fruits into manageable pieces, and removing cores/seeds) I use the single-serve tumblers not just for smoothies, but for delicious milkshakes, frozen latte or chai, salad dressings, salsa, and to chop small amounts of onion or vegetables for cooking. My favorite use so far is for fresh, homemade hummus. Pennies on the dollar compared to store-bought.
I was amazed at how well the dough function works. I thought, no way is this thing going to handle thick, chunky cookie dough. But it did, beautifully! I really like to use the dough function for homemade "Energy Bites": Peanut or nut butter, oats, honey, flax or chia seeds, and chocolate chips. It makes quick work of what used to be a messy, sticky job.
The only thing the Ninja doesn't do, that the Vitamix does, is heat up the contents of the blender jar. This allows you to make fresh, hot soups or sauces right in the blender. But honestly for the small amount of soup we eat, it's not worth another 150-200 bucks just for that feature. Go spend 20 bucks on a decent immersion blender and blend your soups right on the stove. I'll dock one star for that, but otherwise this is a fantastic machine and worth every penny!
Since purchasing the Ninja Mega Blender, we've used it at least once if not several times a day for quick snacks, drinks, and meal prep. It does take up a good bit of space with all the different sized/shaped containers and a large motor, but it has definitely earned the real estate in my kitchen.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 15, 2012
I bought this blender after starting to eat more raw food. It has plenty of power and is able to pull the food down without having to stop and push it down. It is a little noisey but that is what you get for the having all that power. Would buy another one, I love it. It does what it says it will and is easy to clean. I googled and found a 30 dollar coupon also. Livingrawbygrace dot com

Update, I just purchased another one for my son who is at school. He says it works great and all his friends use it also. I have lost 17 pounds since December 4th. Love this machine.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...