5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect
This is a great traveling item, small and compact. The 3D graphics are wonderful and very vivid. The 3D camera was a plus.
Published on February 26, 2013 by Jesus R. Rodriguez

This review is not about the 3DS itself - I have not yet had the chance to experience its full glory - but rather about the process of ordering it on Amazon.

Published 11 months ago by spittycat

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, February 26, 2013
Jesus R. Rodriguez (COTTONWOOD, ARIZONA, US) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars I was sent a NON-USA system and needed to return it. BEWARE WHEN ORDERING ON AMAZON, March 17, 2014
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red (Console)

I received my 3DS today (in Flame Red, which is a great color btw - not as pink as the photos make it look) and it is not a USA system! This means I cannot register it for Club Nintendo or even (according to customer support) play a large number of games produced for Nintendo USA. Nintendo support was very nice - they sold me a refurbished 3DS XL for $158 after tax and waived an expedited shipping fee, so it will arrive in a couple of days. That's awesome. But I did have to spend an hour on the phone with them figuring out the mystery of my foreign 3DS system, and now I have to deal with putting everything back in the box and sending it back to Amazon. Angry face.

Save yourself the trouble and BUY LOCALLY IF YOU CAN. Make sure you are getting a US system (assuming you live in the US)!!! The serial code will start with "CW" if it is a US system. I'm an expert now, obviously.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, yes, and... YES!!!, October 28, 2013
This 3DS is DA BOMB!!! It arrived earlier than I expected, and I instantly began to play the new Pokemon Y (since everyone's getting X )

The 3D effect is awesome! (I just upgraded from the original DS lite)

The images of my game are crystal clear in both regular DS games, as well as 3DS games! ^_^

the screen adjustment is very simple, and it's just soooooooooo shinny! I live my new 3DS!

You'll most CERTAINLY get what you paid for! I promise! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Men rock the Pink!, February 17, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I bought this on a whim at target actually, after trading in an iPod. and received an additional 20 dollars off on top of trade in..getting me a 3DS for just 60 dollars.
Yes I picked the pink! and I am a guy..lol I was not a fan of the cosmo blue.. just looked tacky, and the black was plain. I am glad that I went with pink model, its more a salmon/seashell pink..it actually looks pretty awesome in my suit jacket pocket.
Honestly, I know many will argue the vita is more powerful which it is, but they shouldn't be compared. They are different markets and aimed at different types of gamers, and in my opinion mobile gaming is a different thing. I love my iPhone but hate to game on it. I love my 360 for hardcore games, but mobile gaming i really prefer nintendo as they focus on fun and practical. Mario is awesome, and shocked by the graphical capabilities specifically with Resident Evil:Revelations..I highly recommend this game.
the system itself is very well built..battery life was better than expected. Nintendo does a great job though including the charging base, and 2gb SD card. The online features are nice as well, netflix runs great on it, nintendo video offers some great short videos in 3D as well, Sakura Samurai is also a cheap inexpensive game that can be purchased at very low price through the store.
Honestly my only qualms with the system is the softness of the plastic as I tap the edge with my iPhone and it left a nice dent on the edging. Other than this I highly recommend the system, and if you can find any bundle at decent price grab it...you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing system, December 25, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
My daughter got this system today for Christmas and it is an wonderful system. It is such a light weight console. There is a very nice dock for your console to sit on when it is charging and you can also plug just your console in. It holds the console very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive device!, September 18, 2011
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red (Console)
With an impressive fall game line up and great online shop content, the Nintendo 3DS is a promising device. I think it is a great leap forward into portable gaming and most likely the future. The 3D effect looks great while not being overly exaggerated. My only complaint is that the viewing angle is a bit slim, but easily tolerated as long as you aren't running any marathons while playing games. One of the key features to me is the "Nintendo Video" app available at the eShop. You get free 3D content delivered and some very creative 3D animations. The AR games included are interesting as well by using the dual cameras for game play. Hopefully there are some title games that can use the AR ability as well. (Mario kart on your dining table anybody?) I got mine in red (The best color) and to me it could be the most beautiful color ever released by Nintendo. Ease of use is key here and the analog stick is a great addition. Sound is pretty decent with a good surrounding effect. I look forward to new titles and believe that this is a step in the right direction for a company who started the mobile revolution.

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME, December 17, 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red (Console)
People argue about the battery life and that people should buy the XL and whatnot. I personally do not want a huge 3DS laying in my pocket and prefer a more compact, portable handheld. The original 3DS is comfortable in the hands, though using the circle pad after a long time it does stress my thumb a bit, but you get used to it. I LOVE the red color, it really pops. Sadly I could not buy this red one in stores so I bought one online and do not regret it at all. I found the 3D effect to be harsh on your eyes after awhile, so I just leave it off.

Strangely, the one I ordered has writing on the back of the 3DS in just pure Spanish, really don't know why. It also says "Anatel." Other than that it still works fine in English and DOES play games in English, so there is no problem there.

Mine also came with a charging stand, and I really like that it did.

Overall I really love this 3DS system and can't wait to play Super Smash Bros for 3DS on this baby.

5.0 out of 5 stars I've been playing on it everyday since I got it, July 22, 2013
I love my 3ds. I think the color is great, it's the perfect size, and it's user friendly. I love having the spot pass and street pass, I think it's a cool and unique feature. I love that everything can be turned off and on: the 3D, spot pass, street pass, parental settings, everything. I appreciate being able to go to the home screen without completely turning off the game as well, especially when I just want to check to see if I have a friend online.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Handheld ever, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red (Console)
Nintendo do it again, the best portable handheld i have. I like portable gaming device and this is incredible, games available for this console are amazing, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, Ocarina of Time, DKCountry 3d, Mario 3D Land, FireEmblem, Monster Hunter, RE Revelations, Ace Combat, Luigi Mansion, Code of Princess and more much more. An incredible machine without games is worthless.

3.0 out of 5 stars 3D Coming Along, October 29, 2011
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red (Console)
Very impressive 3D graphics. The cards that come with the unit create 3D experiences which are interesting. Not sure that there are many 3D games or features for adults. Seems that market needs to be developed.

Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red
Nintendo 3DS - Flame Red by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
Used & New from: $114.84