Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Tap Giveaway Headphones for Everyone Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on December 17, 2013
People argue about the battery life and that people should buy the XL and whatnot. I personally do not want a huge 3DS laying in my pocket and prefer a more compact, portable handheld. The original 3DS is comfortable in the hands, though using the circle pad after a long time it does stress my thumb a bit, but you get used to it. I LOVE the red color, it really pops. Sadly I could not buy this red one in stores so I bought one online and do not regret it at all. I found the 3D effect to be harsh on your eyes after awhile, so I just leave it off.

Strangely, the one I ordered has writing on the back of the 3DS in just pure Spanish, really don't know why. It also says "Anatel." Other than that it still works fine in English and DOES play games in English, so there is no problem there.

Mine also came with a charging stand, and I really like that it did.

Overall I really love this 3DS system and can't wait to play Super Smash Bros for 3DS on this baby.
on May 6, 2013
Nintendo do it again, the best portable handheld i have. I like portable gaming device and this is incredible, games available for this console are amazing, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, Ocarina of Time, DKCountry 3d, Mario 3D Land, FireEmblem, Monster Hunter, RE Revelations, Ace Combat, Luigi Mansion, Code of Princess and more much more. An incredible machine without games is worthless.
on March 17, 2014
This review is not about the 3DS itself - I have not yet had the chance to experience its full glory - but rather about the process of ordering it on Amazon.

I received my 3DS today (in Flame Red, which is a great color btw - not as pink as the photos make it look) and it is not a USA system! This means I cannot register it for Club Nintendo or even (according to customer support) play a large number of games produced for Nintendo USA. Nintendo support was very nice - they sold me a refurbished 3DS XL for $158 after tax and waived an expedited shipping fee, so it will arrive in a couple of days. That's awesome. But I did have to spend an hour on the phone with them figuring out the mystery of my foreign 3DS system, and now I have to deal with putting everything back in the box and sending it back to Amazon. Angry face.

Save yourself the trouble and BUY LOCALLY IF YOU CAN. Make sure you are getting a US system (assuming you live in the US)!!! The serial code will start with "CW" if it is a US system. I'm an expert now, obviously.
33 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2011
The wait for many games was long. And the price point for this system at launch was ridiculous. I don't think a lot of gamers were in their right minds when they bought this on March 27th for 250 U.S. bucks just to play Pilot Wings, a fighting game that was already on two of this gen's home consoles and many other games that lacked a spark. Some people just need new gadgets right away just 'cause they are new. The more patient (and I say smart) people will wait. And they did. For more updates and more games. By the time Christmas rolled around there were three new colors, more game options, a fantastic price drop of 80 bucks and plenty of updates to now make the system a steal. I asked for the system for Christmas and have not been letdown since I opened the packaging.

The show stealer and much talked about feature of this system is obviously the 3D (without the need for special glasses). I've tried it with Super Mario 3D Land and it works well. It helps you judge the distance of platforms and such. Rayman 3D's use of this feature is also well implemented (even more so than Mario is in my opinion). Well maybe that's not a fair statement...Mario Land's 3D is used in a few more different ways but Rayman's 3D really seems to "pop" more. But remember: 1. Some people can't see 3D at all no matter how they try. And 2. No one under the age of 7 should be viewing the the top screen on the 3DS while the system's 3D bar is elevated to any level. It could damage their young, still developing eyes so keep it "OFF"/on the lowest possible level when they are watching or playing.

The 3DS is capable of a myriad of things though, 3D just being one of them. There is an internet browser, a sound app, a camera app, a Mii Making app, an e-Shop, a Daily Log app, Face Raiders, AR games and many more that the original DS and DS Lite just didn't have. One of my favorite things about this video game system is the e-Shop. Enabling us to scroll through tons of stuff and view video games, videos and such as well as purchase content is amazing. I've only purchased the DSi game "Magical Whip" and "The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX" so far but I can tell I will be using the e-Shop for quite a bit, especially for watching videos of upcoming games and writing reviews on titles I've played.

This is a good time to purchase the 3DS. With the game library only growing, the color lineup getting more and more robust and the promising system updates we've already seen, Nintendo is on a high. The system looks and feels pretty great. There are a few setbacks such as the two screens rubbing together when the 3DS is closed, and it leaving some temporary marks on the top screen. Or the fact that not all the games that people want to see are out yet.

While the latter can still be seen as a minor problem, I commend Nintendo for trying their darndest in giving us quality games without rushing too much. Long live Nintendo!

Final score ------> 9/10 (or 4.5/5)
review image
on September 18, 2011
With an impressive fall game line up and great online shop content, the Nintendo 3DS is a promising device. I think it is a great leap forward into portable gaming and most likely the future. The 3D effect looks great while not being overly exaggerated. My only complaint is that the viewing angle is a bit slim, but easily tolerated as long as you aren't running any marathons while playing games. One of the key features to me is the "Nintendo Video" app available at the eShop. You get free 3D content delivered and some very creative 3D animations. The AR games included are interesting as well by using the dual cameras for game play. Hopefully there are some title games that can use the AR ability as well. (Mario kart on your dining table anybody?) I got mine in red (The best color) and to me it could be the most beautiful color ever released by Nintendo. Ease of use is key here and the analog stick is a great addition. Sound is pretty decent with a good surrounding effect. I look forward to new titles and believe that this is a step in the right direction for a company who started the mobile revolution.
on October 29, 2011
Very impressive 3D graphics. The cards that come with the unit create 3D experiences which are interesting. Not sure that there are many 3D games or features for adults. Seems that market needs to be developed.
on August 20, 2013
Once we received this though we decided to return it and get the bigger screen. However the graphics on this are awesome, the 3d is awesome, nice metallic looking case. When we exchanged for the 3ds xl, we noted immediately that although the screen was bigger, the case wasn't anywhere near as nice as the 3ds. Also the stylus is nicer with the 3ds, metal as compared to the stylus with the xl.
Graphics have come a long way since the DS with this system.
on December 30, 2013
My 6 year old is in love with this. He plays constantly and it's even fun for mom and dad :)
on December 27, 2013
Works great and virtually has no flaws to it. I have not found a single scratch or anything to say the least...no problems with the product.
on March 12, 2016
Got this for my grand daughter who's birthday is next month, she wanted a 3DS so bad, I know she will love this product, it is in great condition and the games that came with she will like to play. The carrying bag will be awesome for her to take where ever she wants to take it.