Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Eric Clapton Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation SnS

Showing 1-10 of 53 reviews(4 star). Show all reviews
on August 20, 2013
Once we received this though we decided to return it and get the bigger screen. However the graphics on this are awesome, the 3d is awesome, nice metallic looking case. When we exchanged for the 3ds xl, we noted immediately that although the screen was bigger, the case wasn't anywhere near as nice as the 3ds. Also the stylus is nicer with the 3ds, metal as compared to the stylus with the xl.
Graphics have come a long way since the DS with this system.
on August 20, 2015
Pretty much all I figured it to be. The Nintendo 3ds works properly and in good condition. My only problem is it did not include an SD card that is provided with in store purchase and it was not stated that it would be shipped with out one. All in all a good buy dispite this missing piece.
on December 15, 2013
Not sure if this works yet or not? It's a present for my son and so we will find out on Christmas how well it works. It did come on when we charged it before we wrapped it. I guess we will see how long it last when he starts using it?
on January 7, 2013
My son loves his 3DS and plays Mario on it for as long as we let him. On long car rides it is a savior from boredom. The 3D aspect is fun, though jittery and makes your eyes go bonkers unless you look directly straight at the DS the whole time (my son usually turns the slider for 3D off because of this). Wish the battery lasted longer as well.
on April 30, 2013
Overall, this is a great system with fun games. My one problem with it is the battery life. I had a DS Lite for years and could leave that thing on but closed for days between play sessions. The 3DS however is constantly draining it's battery life. You have to be very proactive at charging it, otherwise one day when you pop it into your bag for a long commute, you'll be disappointed to find the 3DS has zero charge.
on October 8, 2011
Good game and fun to play. The possibility of damage from dropping is high and a significant concern. If it woold have come in a neoprene case that would absorb the shock of dropping, it would have been better and safer--especially for the price we had to pay.
on February 21, 2013
I ended up enjoying this product more than i would have thought! however, there was pretty brutal scratches on the screen. This interferes visually a whole lot. expecially with 3D turned on, its almost imposible not to have ur eyes focus on the scratches, ruining the whole experience.
on March 4, 2014
The DS was in perfect condition when it arrived. However, I did not receive anything with a pin number to register my DS with Club Nintendo and the serial number didn't work to register it either. Other than that, it works perfectly and is definitely awesome!
on April 9, 2013
Came a couple of days early and i could not be more impressed. It was basically brand new but for cheap. Im basically speechless. But after playing it i see the bottom screen not working at all at some points and that is bad :( No wonder it was so cheap
on December 12, 2012
I finally got around to buying a 3DS and selling off my old DS lite. I'd been putting them off forever waiting for the price to drop, and good thing I did (since the price really did drop drastically)! Well, I've had a chance to play at least one game on it, and to mess around with it in general.

I can't help but feel that it's got a number of flaws that hold it back from being quite as satisfying as the DSlite was. The 3DS feels a bit top heavy, as though the top half is a bit heavier than the bottom. The audio jack is right at the bottom of the bottom of the unit, which means that if you are laying in bed with the 3DS resting on your chest while you play, you can't use the audio jack (same problem as the DSlite had though - I just wished they had changed it). The stylus holder is in the back of the unit, where it is awkward to get to - it would've been better if the stylus and the audio jack positions were switched. Also, the shiny finish shows fingerprints, but so did the old DS lite's finish. I was kind of wishing they'd learned from their mistakes and made them matte to prevent fingerprints.

Also, anyone's who done research on the 3DS would know that they all have a common problem where the unit can close too tightly and cause the bottom screen to put scratches on the top screen. I had to attach bumpers to the top screen's corners to prevent this problem. The 3DS also has a really crap battery life compared to the DSLite (literally 3 hours to the DS Lite's 10 hours). Whenever you try to turn off the unit, it forces you to tap a thing on-screen first, all while warning you that you could just leave it in sleep mode. WHY would a handheld with a battery this poor encourage you to leave it on?! I've since learned that it's possible to skip having to tap the button by just pressing and holding the power button until it turns off. It's madness!

Alright, now that I've complained endlessly, let's talk about the actual features and good points of the 3DS. The 3DS feels solidly built, and seems to function well in general. I suppose the biggest draw of the 3DS for most people would be the 3D aspect. I've found that the 3D effect does work perfectly, but it does give me a bit of a headache and so I usually keep it turned off. I suspect that eventually it'll be recognized for the gimmick it is, and largely ignored by everyone. Other than that, I suppose the other draw of the unit is the better internet browser. It is indeed a nice internet browser that actually works well. I can't complain there. I do like the option to pause a game and exit to the main menu to use the internet browser (good for looking up FAQs) or to make notes using the in-game note-taking mechanic. That's a rather nice feature. It also seems like the 3DS is a good choice in terms of game library as many of the series you may have been a fan of of the DS have sequels coming out on the 3DS. Of course, the 3DS is backwards compatible with older DS games, and that works fine. DS games do look worse on the 3DS due to the increased screen resolution, but it's not too bad. You can decrease the screen size by holding down Start or Select while tapping the game icon from the menu (just keep holding down the button until you see the game start up). This improves the resolution but makes the image size tiny, so I don't know how useful that'd really be to anyone.

Overall, I feel like the 3DS has loads more little irritants to its design that I have to fix or put up with. It just feels like it has more problems right out the gate than the DS Lite did. Despite this, it's still a solid good quality unit and I'm still glad I bought it. I'm sure once I get used to it's quirks I won't be as bothered by the problems, and I'll get many years of enjoyment out of my 3DS.