Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Eli Paperboy Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on April 26, 2011
What the other reviewers are failing to realize is that this pouch was designed to let the 3DS have a little room to accommodate the 3ds protectors; the hard case version or the silicone version. So while everyone is complaining about the lack of snugness inside the case when the 3DS is inside, they fail to read in the description where it says it's compatible with the protectors.
I have the silicone protector and have had it long before I bought this case. I picked this case over others BECAUSE of the room for the protector attached. Great impact resistant case for a 3DS that's protected with covers.
on May 2, 2011
I carry my 3DS in my backpack to work every day. I am paranoid that it will get squished, smashed, dropped, sat on, or soaked. Aside from the soaked part, this case is total protection. It is hard on the outside but has a soft chewy center, perfectly sized for your 3DS system. The game slots in the cover are fine, but I prefer to keep my games in little plastic cases, which don't fit in those slots at all. The fit in the case though, there is plenty of breathing room for games, screen wipes and other stuff (not the power cord though).
on April 3, 2011
This case isn't bad for the price. It's got a hard shell on the front and back sides, and the zipper (which I was afraid may break easily) seems to be pretty sturdy and will hold up. What I like most is that it's a convenient package; you can fit your 3DS and three games, and there is even a slot for the stylus and a pocket behind the three game slots for the AR Cards, so everything is in one place when you want to play. Everything is well-padded with a nice fabric so that I feel like my new 3DS gear will be protected. When you close the case, a nice flap of fabric covers the front of the 3DS so it won't get scratched (as shown in the picture).

One thing I should mention is that this case WILL NOT fit the charge dock and AC adapter (unless maybe you cram them in, which I have not tried).

As some people are noting in their reviews for this product, the 3DS is a bit loose inside the case; it's not perfectly snug, and if you shake it gently there's a tiny bit of give and your 3DS will move around from side to side a little. Am I happy about this? Not really. It's really not bad, though. In my opinion, the case is so nicely padded inside that I don't feel as though this should be a concern. It's not like you're running down the street with your 3DS, right? Unless you are, then I think this is a fine case. I won't be leaving my house much with my 3DS, so I wanted a case just to keep the dust off of it and have somewhere to store it so it's not sitting out and at risk of being damaged.

My only complaint is that it doesn't hold more games. Right now I have two 3DS games and Pokemon White, so if I get one more game then I'll have to keep it in my 3DS or leave it in its case.

So, unless you'll be leaving the house and walking/running with your 3DS often, then this is a great case, especially for the price. If you're like I am and need something just to safely store your 3DS, games, and accessories while you aren't playing, then go with this convenient case.
on August 13, 2011
I purchased this pouch alongside the Hori Nintendo 3DS Screen Protective Filter and the KHOMO: Crystal Hard Case Cover as my protection "package" for my new 3DS. This hard pouch pairs well with the KHOMO case because the 3DS, with the case on, fits rather snugly into this hard pouch. Others have complained that the fit is a little loose for the console without a case/shell.

This pouch is a very sturdy, albeit bulky, case for the 3DS. The inside compartments have multiple pockets for games and possibly some smaller accessories. I would have actually preferred something smaller. I have a soft case for my DS lite which is pretty much the same size as the console itself. This case is substantially thicker, intending to hold more stuff than just the console.

This case also noticeably lacks a carabiner or strap, which would have been handy, but its absence is not a big deal to me.
on April 2, 2011
The feel of the case is nice. The plastic is firm and has a quality feel. Here is what I find strange: When you put the Nintendo 3DS system inside it, the fit isn't tight - it's downright too loose. So when the case is in my jacket pocket, the 3DS inside the case ends up moving around as I walk - not good. Mind you the inside of the case is padded for sure, but there should be no reason that it should move around so much. I think that the designers assumed people would place enough game cartridges inside the case's inner pocket to fill in the extra space so that the 3DS would fit tighter. Still, they should have added a velcro strap to keep the 3DS anchored down at all times. My solution is to place my Iphone and my 3DS into the case whenever I carry it around. This way there is no movement within the case itself and it remains stable.
on January 19, 2012
Comparing both Hard and Soft versions, I prefer the hard version for extra features and more form fitting. The wiggle room I did not think was that bad. As small of a case that you can get for carrying around. No spot for charge but those other cases are much more bulkier. I prefer this more compact design.
review image review image review image review image
on March 3, 2012
Just buy it. You have nothing to lose. It protects your 3DS and you can put 3 games in it. The best part is being able to put the 3ds on the Nyko Powergrip (extends your battery up to 3 times)and fitting it in the case. Awesome Case and Hori makes quality products cause they are officially licensed. Meaning the companies tested and approved the product.
on November 1, 2012
This case is low priced but it is good quality and I am very happy with it. I just needed a travel case for my 3DS and this one is perfect. It is well made and has room for several games on the inside as well.
on November 30, 2011
This pouch is designed with the silicone/crystal protectors (by HORI) for the 3DS in mind, so you can actually fit a 3DS equipped with either protector inside of it really snugly. As pointed out by others, if you don't have a protector, it is likely to be a slightly loose fit.

The pouch is actually deep enough to hold the 3DS height-wise (with the covers), so the top of the 3DS is flush with the zippers when the 3DS is resting inside. Since the zippers also face outwards, there's actually zero danger of damaging your 3DS while zipping up the content. I find this a huge plus as compared to other pouches I tried.

The pouch also comes equipped with:
+ a stylus holder
+ 3 cartridge holders
which are also really handy for travel. They are also separated from the 3DS compartment via a flap of cloth so no worries about scratching your 3DS with the stylus in the holder or the cartridges when carrying it around :)

The hard pouch is really designed with protecting your 3DS in mind and I have full confidence in this hard pouch by HORI.

However, I wish there was a way to stow away my earphones within the pouch... :(
on July 7, 2012
Works so well, I bought a second one!

I love that it holds a 3DS even with the "Nyko" extended battery AND the AR Cards.

It is a "snug fit" but not to the point where you fear something breaking.

See 1 answered question