4.0 out of 5 stars Still Available for Pre-Order for $219!
Edit: The unit already has a DEAD PIXEL :(

[Just to let fans know - THIS IS STILL AVAILABLE from retail stores! Don't waste your money on marketplace sellers just yet.]

Published 10 months ago by Anne

3.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful 3DS, not loving that the design is pained on.
First of all, I just wanted to say that, being a huge Zelda fan, I absolutely adore this 3DS, and was so glad I waited to get one. It is everything a regular 3DS XL is, but with a beautifully done Zelda design and equipped with the Link Between Worlds download. My problem with it is how the design is adhered to the 3DS; instead of being a hard and slick plastic casing...
Published 8 months ago by Cherryb6mb

4.0 out of 5 stars Still Available for Pre-Order for $219!, November 6, 2013
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL Gold/Black - Limited Edition Bundle with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Video Game)
Edit: The unit already has a DEAD PIXEL :(

It's a 3DS XL and it's Zelda - does anything else matter? Every piece of Zelda merchandise I've ever owned has been top quality, and I don't expect this to be any different. With that said, I have seen the hands-on video of the unit making the rounds, and it looks fantastic! I really like that the inside is gold instead of just black (a la that stupid black "Zelda" Wii U), and the gold lettering on the buttons is a nice touch. The way they did the light Triforce on the front and the dark Triforce on the back is so clever. They even moved the informational text on the bottom to the side so it doesn't interfere with the Triforce. Good job, Nintendo!

But alas, it looks like the stylus isn't gold :(
The gold finish is matte, not shiny :)
Also, the bundle comes with a digital copy of the game, not a physical copy.
Comes with a 4GB memory card.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing! But purchase from a Retailer while they last!, December 26, 2013
I received this as a Christmas gift from my parents for Christmas 2013, and yes it was difficult to download the game due to high server traffic. Note, the server traffic has nothing to do with YOUR system. So the1-3 stars complaining about that, they are complaining about the Nintendo servers, not the system. So beware of the random low stars. Otherwise this would be a 5/5 for everyone. If you enjoy any other DS and Zelda, pick this up. They will be making 3DS games for awhile as they do most of their systems. So be sure to purchase this from a Retailer for 219.00USD and enjoy it before it runs out.

My Review:

Looks: 5/5 it looks phenomenal, truly. I mean, a few friends and my girlfriend have seen this and they love it. So if you like how it looks, amazing. End of Story. As for the 3DS system for a first time buyer, it feels ALOT better than the older 3DS. The XL is the way to go. Especially for a teenager or adult.

Performance: It works like any 3DS would, the 3D screen is amazing, takes a little getting used too. Otherwise it is fun, I just want to reach into the screen and touch whats inside. it draws you in. I used to enjoy my old Nintendo games, and finally as I began getting older(I am 22) I have decided I need to enjoy the Nintendo Nostalgia. The browser is Nice, nothing spectacular, if you have a tablet or smart phone, those are better than the 3DS browser. Pictures, sound quality, picture quality, responsiveness, and button feel, are all really good. Overall, a nice system AND it uses a SD Card. Quite nice.

That should sum it up, ENJOY this and kick back when you're bored or at a doctors appt, or at College or where ever. Just enjoy the system to kill time or whatever fits your fancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highway robbery, November 13, 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Do not order this for $488, it is still available for $219!!!!!
Pro Sell are a bunch of rip offs for offering this.

5.0 out of 5 stars The First Gold 3DS XL, November 22, 2013
Length:: 1:20 Mins

Nintendo is great about putting out DS systems with unique designs. The most recent version was the Pokemon X & Y consoles which were red and blue. This happens to be the first gold system they have released, and best yet, it's a Zelda themed one!

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beauty!!!!, March 10, 2014
I just got my 3DS XL Zelda edition today, and I think I'm in love. This is one beautiful piece of tech! I've owned a regual 3DS since it first came out a few years back, and honestly, I was never too impressed with its 3D feature. The screen was too small and it required such careful placement to get a proper 3D image. I would only turn on 3D occasionally and only for a few minutes at a time. I wasn't sure if the XL would be better or not.

But now that I've seen it and used it, I see that it is MUCH BETTER than the original 3DS. The larger screen is amazing and the 3D is simply beautiful. I had no idea that the XL's larger screen would make such a difference regarding the way the 3D comes across. It seems more "forgiving" too. Maybe this is just a perception, but it just seems easier to view and maintain a proper 3D image.

Nintendo really hit it out of the park with the 3DS XL. It is so much better than its smaller counterpart. Don't even think about skimping and getting a 3DS. Get the XL. There is no debate. The XL kills the original.

Also, the Zelda edition is just an extra helping of awesome sauce poured all over an already amazing device! The gold Zelda logo is beautiful. I don't even want to touch this unit for fear of getting it smudged and dirty LOL. This version of the 3DS XL is definitely going to be a collector's item.

It is the best looking handheld gaming device in existence today, period, no questions asked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gorgeous, December 20, 2013
I have been holding off the 3DS for a long time, finally the new Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game pushed me over the edge and I just had to get it. I played with it and its magnificent. Not only is the game magnificent old-school Zelda with a facelift and loaded with nostalgia, but the device itself is great.

I never expected the glass-less 3D to be this good.

The hardware may have some limits, resolution is a bit on the low side, and your phone likely is way faster than it. Don't bother downloading the Netflix or Hulu apps if you have any other way to stream those, this is a gaming device not an entertainment center. Maybe the next gen...

My only real complaint about this bundle is that the game came in the form of a digital download. As a collector (reason I got the golden edition) I love having the cart and the box. I may still buy the game, again, just to have the cart... Yea I'm insane like that.

Also... I stupidly tripped on the charging cord yesterday and the thing received some minor scratches in the corners. I was a bit disappointed to see white plastic under the golden paint.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best handheld purchase since my DS., May 21, 2014
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Since purchasing the DS I've acquired a few other handhelds: the Game Boy Advance SP (with super backlight action), a knock-off Game Boy Color that has backlighting, and the PSP. I love them all, but not as much as I love my new 3DS, which I got on release day.
All those handhelds have their own unique titles, and have provided me and many others countless numbers of playtime. But I never had the GBA and GBC on release day when the games were huge, so I'm using them as back-ups for the games I want to play. And my DS Lite already had GBA functionality, so I got many GBA hours in through that.
The PSP is great, but I have as many games for that as I do fingers on one hand, and I use it mostly for PSN games.

But the 3DS I got on release, and I feel that in order to get the most out of a machine it's best to get it during its heyday. This way you can play with others who have the same system. There are retro enthusiasts, like me, and those who don't let consoles die just because they're "last gen"--like me--but this review isn't about those.
This review is about the 3DS XL Zelda edition and all its glory.

I always wait a couple years before buying a new system. The same goes for any electronic item I plan on having for a while, and, now that DLC is prevalent, individual video games. I knew that Nintendo would update their 3DS eventually, if not before my two-year deadline was up, as evidenced by all their handhelds. Every single Game Boy and DS have been updated and upgraded, and the 3DS is no exception.
The XL was announced, but to my dismay it kept the same graphics ratio as the 3DS, just larger, and didn't have an extra circle pad. I told myself I'd wait till they added another circle pad to the mix, but then the Zelda edition of the XL/LL was announced.

And I wanted it. I wanted it badly. This was the moment I'd finally jump into the current generation of Nintendo handheld bliss.
After carefully reviewing the list of games that support a second circle pad (which isn't many), I convinced myself that I'd just get the Circle Pad Pro from Nintendo's online store (which I did, and which still isn't being used).

I loved the design of the 3DS from the beginning, but there were some things I wanted to change, like having a black circle pad and black bezel. I felt the gold bezel would contrast from the screen, so I ordered a black matte decal from DecalGirl, then got the Cyber Gadget circle pad (or "slide" in Japan) cover set, both of which you can find reviewed in my profile.

So on to the machine.

I won't go into reviewing too much, because there are so many reviews of the hardware itself. I will say the Triforce design on this one is amazing and simple. I'm not a fan of consoles or handhelds which have characters in your face or are designed with tacky symbols. While many like the Pikachu and Yoshi 3DS XLs, I'm not a fan of them at all because I feel they take away from the design and seem like eyesores.
My favorite limited edition designs so far are the Zelda regular 3DS, the Monster Hunter designs, and the Fire Emblem 3DS. I like the Japanese Charizard one as well, but that's because Charizard is one of my top 5 favorite Pokémon.

This edition is the most simplistic while still evoking the Zelda franchise with full force. What can be more symbolic of all the Zelda titles other than the legendary Triforce? The black and gold mesh extremely well, and does a fantastic job of combining A Link between Worlds and the previous Zelda titles in one.

Like I mentioned, I wished the bezel was black, but I can live with just applying a decal. But why, oh why, they decide to leave the Circle Pad gray on all the handhelds is beyond my understanding. It's an ugly color which clashes with all 3DSs. In any case, I use my Cyber Gadget covers most of the time anyway.

I freakin' love my 3DS. I take it everywhere with me to StreetPass; I live in Chicago, so my days can vary from 1 to 9.
I'm so glad I bought one, and I can't wait for the day I get a Wii U. I don't have many 3DS titles, and I actually ended up selling the code for the ALbW download since I prefer physical formats, but for the titles I do have I manage to get many hours of playtime, even with a busy life with work and family and personal projects.

I use the 3D slider about halfway to three-quarters, and anywhere between those are my sweet spots. While the XL is pretty easy on the hands, I have a Cyber Gadget grip and it makes gaming so much more comfortable. I have grips for all my handhelds, and will continue to do so for any future ones.

If you're a Zelda fan, this is the 3DS to get. While the aspect ratio may not be as sharp as a regular 3DS, the XL provides a better experience for aging eyes. The black and gold XL looks great closed or opened, and my wife has commented on how much time I spend on the machine. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, but I'll leave that here to show just how much time I spend on Nintendo's latest golden handheld experience.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth, March 18, 2014
I already had two 3ds's but I had to get this one. It's beautiful, even better in real life. Worth the 240 dollars.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo 3DS, March 17, 2014
Eric Schock (Medina, OH USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased a Nintendo 3DS XL as a birthday gift.
It arrived in a protected box with airpockets, on the day it was promised.
This was a hard-to-find, limited edition gold and black model with the Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds download. My son loved it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best edition ever!!!, March 11, 2014
The perfect item for collectors and legend of Zelda Fans!Beautiful box, no words for the fancy triforce on the top, works great as any nintendo product, bring a code to download a link between worlds, my advise buy the protectors for the scream and the top since you purchase your 3DS XL, to keep it like new. :)

Rate and Discover Movies