Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nintendo 3DS XL Gold/Black - Limited Edition Bundle with The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 6, 2013
Edit: The unit already has a DEAD PIXEL :(

[Just to let fans know - THIS IS STILL AVAILABLE from retail stores! Don't waste your money on marketplace sellers just yet.]

It's a 3DS XL and it's Zelda - does anything else matter? Every piece of Zelda merchandise I've ever owned has been top quality, and I don't expect this to be any different. With that said, I have seen the hands-on video of the unit making the rounds, and it looks fantastic! I really like that the inside is gold instead of just black (a la that stupid black "Zelda" Wii U), and the gold lettering on the buttons is a nice touch. The way they did the light Triforce on the front and the dark Triforce on the back is so clever. They even moved the informational text on the bottom to the side so it doesn't interfere with the Triforce. Good job, Nintendo!

But alas, it looks like the stylus isn't gold :(
The gold finish is matte, not shiny :)
Also, the bundle comes with a digital copy of the game, not a physical copy.
Comes with a 4GB memory card.
1212 comments| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 20, 2013
I have been holding off the 3DS for a long time, finally the new Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game pushed me over the edge and I just had to get it. I played with it and its magnificent. Not only is the game magnificent old-school Zelda with a facelift and loaded with nostalgia, but the device itself is great.

I never expected the glass-less 3D to be this good.

The hardware may have some limits, resolution is a bit on the low side, and your phone likely is way faster than it. Don't bother downloading the Netflix or Hulu apps if you have any other way to stream those, this is a gaming device not an entertainment center. Maybe the next gen...

My only real complaint about this bundle is that the game came in the form of a digital download. As a collector (reason I got the golden edition) I love having the cart and the box. I may still buy the game, again, just to have the cart... Yea I'm insane like that.

Also... I stupidly tripped on the charging cord yesterday and the thing received some minor scratches in the corners. I was a bit disappointed to see white plastic under the golden paint.
on December 26, 2013
I received this as a Christmas gift from my parents for Christmas 2013, and yes it was difficult to download the game due to high server traffic. Note, the server traffic has nothing to do with YOUR system. So the1-3 stars complaining about that, they are complaining about the Nintendo servers, not the system. So beware of the random low stars. Otherwise this would be a 5/5 for everyone. If you enjoy any other DS and Zelda, pick this up. They will be making 3DS games for awhile as they do most of their systems. So be sure to purchase this from a Retailer for 219.00USD and enjoy it before it runs out.

My Review:

Looks: 5/5 it looks phenomenal, truly. I mean, a few friends and my girlfriend have seen this and they love it. So if you like how it looks, amazing. End of Story. As for the 3DS system for a first time buyer, it feels ALOT better than the older 3DS. The XL is the way to go. Especially for a teenager or adult.

Performance: It works like any 3DS would, the 3D screen is amazing, takes a little getting used too. Otherwise it is fun, I just want to reach into the screen and touch whats inside. it draws you in. I used to enjoy my old Nintendo games, and finally as I began getting older(I am 22) I have decided I need to enjoy the Nintendo Nostalgia. The browser is Nice, nothing spectacular, if you have a tablet or smart phone, those are better than the 3DS browser. Pictures, sound quality, picture quality, responsiveness, and button feel, are all really good. Overall, a nice system AND it uses a SD Card. Quite nice.

That should sum it up, ENJOY this and kick back when you're bored or at a doctors appt, or at College or where ever. Just enjoy the system to kill time or whatever fits your fancy.
on January 29, 2014
This 3DS XL is awesome. Sadly I missed out on ever getting a DSi XL. I only had the DS lite and by the time I was finally considering upgrading, the 3DS was right around the corner to being released back in 2011, so I never got one. That being said, I'd just like to point out that I also have the original 3DS. I didn't want to end up missing out on the XL this time around though, so I finally gave in and got it. I just couldn't pass up this limited edition bundle. The main thing I wanted to point out in this review is the size difference. Until I got this in the mail today, took it out and held it up to my own 3DS, I never realized how much bigger it is. The gold matte finish and the free digital download of A Link Between worlds is a plus. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to get their first 3DS or already has the original 3DS like me.

Also, I'd recommend getting this from Amazon versus anywhere else if you're a prime member. Most people selling it on Amazon atm are selling it in the $235-240 price range. However in other stores like Walmart, best buy, etc., the asking price is $219. The thing is that when you factor in tax and shipping, it comes out to basically around the same price that's being offered here on Amazon. Assuming you're a prime member, if you choose prime 2-day shipping, shipping is free, and as long as you buy it from a 3rd party (who is fulfilled by Amazon), you shouldn't be charged tax (I wasn't). So yea, take advantage of your prime membership and just buy it here if you have Amazon prime.

Can't wait to re-play my games again on this bigger screen.
on November 22, 2013
Nintendo is great about putting out DS systems with unique designs. The most recent version was the Pokemon X & Y consoles which were red and blue. This happens to be the first gold system they have released, and best yet, it's a Zelda themed one!
review image review image review image review image review image
on March 11, 2014
The perfect item for collectors and legend of Zelda Fans!Beautiful box, no words for the fancy triforce on the top, works great as any nintendo product, bring a code to download a link between worlds, my advise buy the protectors for the scream and the top since you purchase your 3DS XL, to keep it like new. :)
on November 13, 2013
Do not order this for $488, it is still available for $219!!!!!
Pro Sell are a bunch of rip offs for offering this.
on July 2, 2014
The Aesthetics/3DS In General: As someone who never gets limited editions of consoles, I was skeptical at first. Black only, if possible. The color design is great, and the off-center Triforce gives it a nice finishing touch. Other than that, it's a normal 3DS XL. There are some really amazing games for that platform out right now, so much so that it's my new favorite system. The 3D, while usually additive, can be a little taxing at times, but the sliding switch on the side allows for adjustments or turning it off altogether.

The Game: As far as the included game (FYI, it also includes a download code for whatever the 3DS Pokemon game is), A Link Between Worlds is such a great game. It takes the bones of Link To The Past and spruces it up quite a bit. The new dynamic of merging into walls adds a whole new dimension to the game, one that becomes immediate second nature. The addition of the item shop also allows for a completely customized experience in the back half of the game, allowing you to play the dungeons in any order, depending on which items you purchase. Rupees now technically have story-line purpose! Most of the dungeons are completely re-imagined, with completely different puzzles that make use of the new game mechanics. Essentially, it feels like a brand new LTTP-style game. Great job, Nintendo.

Overall Thoughts: Fortunately, I was able to get it before the price climbed too high (230, the same as 3DS XL plus the included game at full retail price). I would recommend that you buy this bundle only if the price is reasonable. While it looks nice, I wouldn't consider it worth any extra expense. Either way, I'm incredibly satisfied.
on September 19, 2014
Gold on the top case, black on the bottom (battery area). It's is one of the best stylized 3DS XLs on the market (and of course after I purchased this one, a month later they make a Yoshi one FML). But yeah. Since the triforce is on one side, I put a black vinyl sticker of Falco Lambardi on the other (wouldn't that game be killer?)

The bundled game is a digital download that you need the internet to get, just keep that in mind. The game it self is a dumbed down port of the SNES Zelda upgraded with new 3DS graphics. It was well worth the nostalgia, though I personally would have enjoyed a brand new Zelda story rather than yet another retelling.

But yeah, if you want a 3DS XL that'll stand out, this is it! Though now Nintendo is making YET ANOTHER 3DS model with a 2nd joy stick... so this might be obsolete in the next year or so...
on December 26, 2013
If you're looking to buy a 3DS XL this is the way to go. It's good looking, well built and comes with one of the most original and fun games i've ever played hands down. It's a must buy. I was on the fence about it but i regret nothing, really happy i got one.