Industrial-Sized Deals TextBTS15 Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Amazon Elements Sensitive Baby Wipes, Exclusive to Prime Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin TransparentGGWin  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

on November 6, 2013
Edit: The unit already has a DEAD PIXEL :(

[Just to let fans know - THIS IS STILL AVAILABLE from retail stores! Don't waste your money on marketplace sellers just yet.]

It's a 3DS XL and it's Zelda - does anything else matter? Every piece of Zelda merchandise I've ever owned has been top quality, and I don't expect this to be any different. With that said, I have seen the hands-on video of the unit making the rounds, and it looks fantastic! I really like that the inside is gold instead of just black (a la that stupid black "Zelda" Wii U), and the gold lettering on the buttons is a nice touch. The way they did the light Triforce on the front and the dark Triforce on the back is so clever. They even moved the informational text on the bottom to the side so it doesn't interfere with the Triforce. Good job, Nintendo!

But alas, it looks like the stylus isn't gold :(
The gold finish is matte, not shiny :)
Also, the bundle comes with a digital copy of the game, not a physical copy.
Comes with a 4GB memory card.
1212 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 26, 2013
I received this as a Christmas gift from my parents for Christmas 2013, and yes it was difficult to download the game due to high server traffic. Note, the server traffic has nothing to do with YOUR system. So the1-3 stars complaining about that, they are complaining about the Nintendo servers, not the system. So beware of the random low stars. Otherwise this would be a 5/5 for everyone. If you enjoy any other DS and Zelda, pick this up. They will be making 3DS games for awhile as they do most of their systems. So be sure to purchase this from a Retailer for 219.00USD and enjoy it before it runs out.

My Review:

Looks: 5/5 it looks phenomenal, truly. I mean, a few friends and my girlfriend have seen this and they love it. So if you like how it looks, amazing. End of Story. As for the 3DS system for a first time buyer, it feels ALOT better than the older 3DS. The XL is the way to go. Especially for a teenager or adult.

Performance: It works like any 3DS would, the 3D screen is amazing, takes a little getting used too. Otherwise it is fun, I just want to reach into the screen and touch whats inside. it draws you in. I used to enjoy my old Nintendo games, and finally as I began getting older(I am 22) I have decided I need to enjoy the Nintendo Nostalgia. The browser is Nice, nothing spectacular, if you have a tablet or smart phone, those are better than the 3DS browser. Pictures, sound quality, picture quality, responsiveness, and button feel, are all really good. Overall, a nice system AND it uses a SD Card. Quite nice.

That should sum it up, ENJOY this and kick back when you're bored or at a doctors appt, or at College or where ever. Just enjoy the system to kill time or whatever fits your fancy.
on December 20, 2013
I have been holding off the 3DS for a long time, finally the new Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds game pushed me over the edge and I just had to get it. I played with it and its magnificent. Not only is the game magnificent old-school Zelda with a facelift and loaded with nostalgia, but the device itself is great.

I never expected the glass-less 3D to be this good.

The hardware may have some limits, resolution is a bit on the low side, and your phone likely is way faster than it. Don't bother downloading the Netflix or Hulu apps if you have any other way to stream those, this is a gaming device not an entertainment center. Maybe the next gen...

My only real complaint about this bundle is that the game came in the form of a digital download. As a collector (reason I got the golden edition) I love having the cart and the box. I may still buy the game, again, just to have the cart... Yea I'm insane like that.

Also... I stupidly tripped on the charging cord yesterday and the thing received some minor scratches in the corners. I was a bit disappointed to see white plastic under the golden paint.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 13, 2013
Do not order this for $488, it is still available for $219!!!!!
Pro Sell are a bunch of rip offs for offering this.
on January 29, 2014
This 3DS XL is awesome. Sadly I missed out on ever getting a DSi XL. I only had the DS lite and by the time I was finally considering upgrading, the 3DS was right around the corner to being released back in 2011, so I never got one. That being said, I'd just like to point out that I also have the original 3DS. I didn't want to end up missing out on the XL this time around though, so I finally gave in and got it. I just couldn't pass up this limited edition bundle. The main thing I wanted to point out in this review is the size difference. Until I got this in the mail today, took it out and held it up to my own 3DS, I never realized how much bigger it is. The gold matte finish and the free digital download of A Link Between worlds is a plus. I definitely recommend this to anyone who is looking to get their first 3DS or already has the original 3DS like me.

Also, I'd recommend getting this from Amazon versus anywhere else if you're a prime member. Most people selling it on Amazon atm are selling it in the $235-240 price range. However in other stores like Walmart, best buy, etc., the asking price is $219. The thing is that when you factor in tax and shipping, it comes out to basically around the same price that's being offered here on Amazon. Assuming you're a prime member, if you choose prime 2-day shipping, shipping is free, and as long as you buy it from a 3rd party (who is fulfilled by Amazon), you shouldn't be charged tax (I wasn't). So yea, take advantage of your prime membership and just buy it here if you have Amazon prime.

Can't wait to re-play my games again on this bigger screen.
on November 22, 2013
Nintendo is great about putting out DS systems with unique designs. The most recent version was the Pokemon X & Y consoles which were red and blue. This happens to be the first gold system they have released, and best yet, it's a Zelda themed one!
review image review image review image review image review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 11, 2014
The perfect item for collectors and legend of Zelda Fans!Beautiful box, no words for the fancy triforce on the top, works great as any nintendo product, bring a code to download a link between worlds, my advise buy the protectors for the scream and the top since you purchase your 3DS XL, to keep it like new. :)
on March 17, 2014
Purchased a Nintendo 3DS XL as a birthday gift.
It arrived in a protected box with airpockets, on the day it was promised.
This was a hard-to-find, limited edition gold and black model with the Legend of Zelda - A Link Between Worlds download. My son loved it.
VINE VOICEon May 21, 2014
Since purchasing the DS I've acquired a few other handhelds: the Game Boy Advance SP (with super backlight action), a knock-off Game Boy Color that has backlighting, and the PSP. I love them all, but not as much as I love my new 3DS, which I got on release day.
All those handhelds have their own unique titles, and have provided me and many others countless numbers of playtime. But I never had the GBA and GBC on release day when the games were huge, so I'm using them as back-ups for the games I want to play. And my DS Lite already had GBA functionality, so I got many GBA hours in through that.
The PSP is great, but I have as many games for that as I do fingers on one hand, and I use it mostly for PSN games.

But the 3DS I got on release, and I feel that in order to get the most out of a machine it's best to get it during its heyday. This way you can play with others who have the same system. There are retro enthusiasts, like me, and those who don't let consoles die just because they're "last gen"--like me--but this review isn't about those.
This review is about the 3DS XL Zelda edition and all its glory.

I always wait a couple years before buying a new system. The same goes for any electronic item I plan on having for a while, and, now that DLC is prevalent, individual video games. I knew that Nintendo would update their 3DS eventually, if not before my two-year deadline was up, as evidenced by all their handhelds. Every single Game Boy and DS have been updated and upgraded, and the 3DS is no exception.
The XL was announced, but to my dismay it kept the same graphics ratio as the 3DS, just larger, and didn't have an extra circle pad. I told myself I'd wait till they added another circle pad to the mix, but then the Zelda edition of the XL/LL was announced.

And I wanted it. I wanted it badly. This was the moment I'd finally jump into the current generation of Nintendo handheld bliss.
After carefully reviewing the list of games that support a second circle pad (which isn't many), I convinced myself that I'd just get the Circle Pad Pro from Nintendo's online store (which I did, and which still isn't being used).

I loved the design of the 3DS from the beginning, but there were some things I wanted to change, like having a black circle pad and black bezel. I felt the gold bezel would contrast from the screen, so I ordered a black matte decal from DecalGirl, then got the Cyber Gadget circle pad (or "slide" in Japan) cover set, both of which you can find reviewed in my profile.

So on to the machine.

I won't go into reviewing too much, because there are so many reviews of the hardware itself. I will say the Triforce design on this one is amazing and simple. I'm not a fan of consoles or handhelds which have characters in your face or are designed with tacky symbols. While many like the Pikachu and Yoshi 3DS XLs, I'm not a fan of them at all because I feel they take away from the design and seem like eyesores.
My favorite limited edition designs so far are the Zelda regular 3DS, the Monster Hunter designs, and the Fire Emblem 3DS. I like the Japanese Charizard one as well, but that's because Charizard is one of my top 5 favorite Pokémon.

This edition is the most simplistic while still evoking the Zelda franchise with full force. What can be more symbolic of all the Zelda titles other than the legendary Triforce? The black and gold mesh extremely well, and does a fantastic job of combining A Link between Worlds and the previous Zelda titles in one.

Like I mentioned, I wished the bezel was black, but I can live with just applying a decal. But why, oh why, they decide to leave the Circle Pad gray on all the handhelds is beyond my understanding. It's an ugly color which clashes with all 3DSs. In any case, I use my Cyber Gadget covers most of the time anyway.

I freakin' love my 3DS. I take it everywhere with me to StreetPass; I live in Chicago, so my days can vary from 1 to 9.
I'm so glad I bought one, and I can't wait for the day I get a Wii U. I don't have many 3DS titles, and I actually ended up selling the code for the ALbW download since I prefer physical formats, but for the titles I do have I manage to get many hours of playtime, even with a busy life with work and family and personal projects.

I use the 3D slider about halfway to three-quarters, and anywhere between those are my sweet spots. While the XL is pretty easy on the hands, I have a Cyber Gadget grip and it makes gaming so much more comfortable. I have grips for all my handhelds, and will continue to do so for any future ones.

If you're a Zelda fan, this is the 3DS to get. While the aspect ratio may not be as sharp as a regular 3DS, the XL provides a better experience for aging eyes. The black and gold XL looks great closed or opened, and my wife has commented on how much time I spend on the machine. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing, but I'll leave that here to show just how much time I spend on Nintendo's latest golden handheld experience.
on March 18, 2014
I already had two 3ds's but I had to get this one. It's beautiful, even better in real life. Worth the 240 dollars.