5.0 out of 5 stars Video game lovers: get yourself a 3DS XL
Published 7 months ago by MichiganHikeNGame

3.0 out of 5 stars The product is good but we had a problem with the charger because ...
The product is good but we had a problem with the charger because is not charging at all and I think it's broken other than that everything else is okay
Published 2 months ago by Pablo Pacheco

5.0 out of 5 stars Video game lovers: get yourself a 3DS XL, February 26, 2014
This review is from: Nintendo 3DS XL, Silver - Mario & Luigi Dream team Limited Edition (Video Game)
I have a few points I'd like to make about this system - as well as some accessories that I purchased - to assist you with your purchasing decisions. I love purchasing items on Amazon because I get to read such excellent product reviews from other customers. Some are overly glowing, some are much too harsh, but with all of the comments you can get a general idea for what you are getting before you buy.

I bought the 3DS XL with Mario & Luigi Dream team built in. There are other bundles to choose from - Mario Kart, Pokemon X&Y, Zelda, others I'm sure - and each has it's own color and art design on the case along with the included game. I purchased the Silver bundle because I wanted the included game and it was not much more expensive than the standard console. www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FXOP1JI

I promptly upgraded the included 4GB SD card to a 32GB SDHC SD card to increase my 'block' capacity. 32 might be overkill but I would recommend around 16 if you are going to download games. If not, then the included 4GB card should work, but a quick note on this topic: It is much more convenient to purchase and download titles from the Nintendo E-Shop than to purchase an actual game cartridge. All of your games built in versus needing to carry and switch out cartridges that can be lost or destroyed. In fact, you should only purchase cartridges for the following reasons: (1) you might want to resell your games individually at a later date (2) you would like to share the game with someone who also owns a DS console, or (3) you can purchase the cartridge for less than the cost of the game at the E-store. If you see a game for $40, that is likely the e-store price as well.

Regarding games: This is why you would buy this gaming console. Most reviews I saw were parents or grandparents bragging about how well received this was as a christmas gift for a child. As ever, Nintendo has many games that appeal to the young and the old - but I am an adult male, and after playing my niece's console I bought one for myself (I also own a Wii and an XBox 360). I immediately downloaded: Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (the best reviewed game ever, for any gaming platform), Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (Gamespot's best game of 2013 winner, again, for any gaming platform), and Super Mario 3D land (excellent reviews, great game). I also own Fire Emblem: Awakening (so far, awesome) and Mario Kart 7 (I love this series). And these very awesome, very well reviewed, and very affordable e-shop titles: Steamworld - Dig, Pushmo, Crashmo and Colors 3D. This is now an epic time killing device that will make cross country flights and train commutes seemingly shorter. Or even better, if you find yourself in a position (as I do) where the television viewing selection in this house is not to my liking, but I don't want to be off by myself being anti-social, I can just sit there and play Pushmo or something. If something comes up, all you have to do is close the system - that's it. No need to pause, or get to a point where you can stop. Just shut it and put it down. Also, strangely, if you leave the system on and walk around with it the built-in pedometer will track your steps and seemingly gives you points(?) for walking.... weird.

Fair warning: the best gift that I ever received in my whole life was an original Nintendo NES for Christmas many, many years ago. We got one way after everyone else we knew in our neighborhood already had one, but since we waited ours came with Mario, Duck Hunt AND Track and Field with the PowerPad! It was so awesome... except for that stupid dog in Duck Hunt. And then we got Dragon Warrior for free included with some Nintendo magazine subscription or something and my bro and I were in heaven. Nothing will ever top getting a toy like that as a kid, so fair warning that I am forever biased towards Nintendo products. But this console encapsulates all of the things that make Nintendo great, and I understand why the children and grandchildren who received one of these from other reviewers as a gift were so freakin excited.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, December 14, 2013
Ever since I lost my Pikachu 3DS XL on a plane, I was looking for a limited edition 3DS to replace it with. I had originally bought a blue 3DS XL to satiate my gaming needs, until I found this one in Best Buy. Luckily, I was within the return policy to return the blue 3DS I had bought, and was able to transfer my data over to this one. I definitely have a thing for these limited edition 3DS's. Although I miss my Pikachu one dearly, this one comes close. I especially love the Year Of Luigi seal on the back of the 3DS.

Also, the pricing for this 3DS is not any more than a regular 3DS without a game installed, which is a huge plus. Look into getting it from local retailers, because I bought this for $179.99 at Best Buy.

Another thing to keep in mind, I lost the installed copy of Mario & Luigi Dream Team in the process of transferring. Fortunately, you can redownload it for free from the Nintendo store, since the game is tied to the serial number of the console.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good System That Includes a Free Full Game., December 29, 2013
Over all the Mario & Luigi Limited Edition 3DS system is a great value for your buck. It comes with Mario & Luigi Dream Team pre-installed, a 4 GB memory card, 512 MB system memory, a 90 percent larger screen and some AR cards. The AR cards are augmented reality cards. Basically they are just demos of what developers can do with this technology. When you focus the 3DS at one of these cards a 3D character pops off the card, and you can play a few mini games with each card. The games are very basic, and again it's really just a demo of the technology.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was looking for, February 27, 2014
I had been looking into getting a 3ds for awhile now, and decided that this was the one to get based on the cost and what it came with. The larger screens are great, and I feel that the XL fits my hands better than the normal 3ds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Design on Incredible Device, January 18, 2014
Sean-O (Florida, USA) - See all my reviews
I love the design on this 3DS in particular. A wonderful tribute to the two characters who started it all with Nintendo. Also includes a mark on the back signifying the "Year of Luigi". As for the console itself, I love the portability and game selection the 3DS offers. Not to mention the creative ways Nintendo has incorporated walking around with your device. Whenever you travel with your device you earn points, new games, and even meet new people nearby. Love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is beautiful, June 23, 2014
I love my new 3ds XL!!! One thing that I want to add is that we have begun to plug in an external speaker to our hand helds and the sound upgrade completely changes the experience of hand held gaming! We are using the AYL portable Bluetooth wireless version 4.0 rechargeable mini speaker and they sound great! They are currently less than $20.00 here at Amazon. I just completed Castlevania using one of these little speakers and the sound blew me away! I will never play without one...

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendo got some Awesome on my Handheld, December 5, 2013
Wow! After recently getting the newest 3ds zelda xl I imagined that would be my system until the end of the 3DS LifeSpan then Nintendo releases this amazing system off the record and secret! I love the simplicity of it where I found the gold in the other too be a little too "colorful" I find this system to be elegant yet stylish with its Mario and Luigi stencil image on the top. I love its simplicity as well as its unique silver color. I had to get this system but didn't want to give up my Zelda one so I gave my girlfriend this one just so we can have both in the house.
I can't believe Nintendo gave no fanfare to this system and decided to just release this without any prior notice. If your looking for a 3DSxl and aren't the biggest Zelda fan, then this is the best 3dsxl out there! The fact that it comes with an awesome game is even just more amazing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little machine for Nintendo lovers!, April 2, 2014
I have recently moved to the US from England and couldn't bring my TV, PS3 or Wii but I missed gaming and frankly my phone didn't cut it! Having always been a Nintendo fan (the SNES, N64, NGC and Wii all being great) I decided to have a look at the 3DS. I haven't owned a portable gaming machine since the GameBoy Advance so I was initially sceptical. However, after looking through the dozens of great games for the 3DS and the relatively low price I decided to buy one!

I bought this one as I wanted the XL screen and the game is essentially free and not to mention fantastic! Dream Team is a good, classic RPG with hilarious Mario & Luigi moments with some great twists in there which has given me hours of fun. The 3DS XL itself looks really nice with the subtle Mario and Luigi gold outlines on the silver background. I will never say that this is a replacement for a PS3 or Wii but it satisfies my new game and retro-game desires all in one little package. The screen resolution is good and the 3D isn't bad although most often I have it turned off.

I would happily recommend the system to anyone who loves gadgets, Nintendo, gaming and portability.

5.0 out of 5 stars nintendo should keep it coming, July 31, 2014
Well made and it looks great! Just as pictured.

Battery only lasts about 3 to 4 hours. Charging takes 3 to 4 hours as well. The 3d display can be taxing on the eyes but it is easily switched to a 2d view at anytime with the slider on the side. The included 4gb sdhc card is most definitly enough space, and easily upgradable to a 16GB sdhc card on there site for $12. I got a a 3rd party 16gb sdhc card and it works perfectly as well. To replace the battery is $13 so you will not have to worry about an expensive battery replacement in the future. The speakers are loud enough, nothing special about them.

The included game and software is amazing and shows a lot of thought. It will take a good hour or two to transfer stuff from your DSi and update your system.

Overall its a great device! I wish the batterry didnt take so long to charge, but the battery is dirt cheap to replace so it is not a problem in my mind. Best portable gaming device ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good little piece of hardware and software for the money, June 6, 2014
I'm gonna keep this short and sweet.

This Bundle: $180 + Mario & Luigi: Dream Team FREE