Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Style Name: Bowser|Product Packaging: Standard Packaging|Change

on August 10, 2011
I bought this toy along with the Bowser set, Mario's car, Luigi's car, Yoshi's car and the expansion kit. The instructions were super easy to read and understand, and I had everything assembled in about an hour. The kids played with the set for four hours straight and would have kept going if it weren't for their dreaded bedtime. I have been obsessed with everything Mario Bro.'s since I was a kid and my son is following in my footsteps. I've always been kind of bummed that they didn't have some really cool Mario play sets and was out-of-my-shoes excited when I spotted this toy in Target. After coming to Amazon to post this review, I noticed that Amazon really has them overpriced. At both Target and Toys R Us, the little car sets are $12.99, the bike sets are $6.99, the Bowser kit was $24.99, and the expansion kit was only $19.99. Also, I believe right now Toys R Us has a special sale on all of these sets. If you can find them at Target or Toys R Us, buy them there...much cheaper.

I know this toy doesn't seem to be very educational, but if your child has trouble with their fine motor skills, any kind of lego set is a good way to get their little fingers working. Also, having to combine sets and come up with creative layouts that will include as many pieces as possible really gets their problem solving skills motoring along. And you can't deny the imagination that is required to bring this toy to life. I gave it the full five stars for durability because the cat has plowed through the track a few times, and as long as you have the pegs in to hold the track pieces together, it has yet to come apart. With a six and a four year old, toys don't last long in this house. I'm suprised that after 24 hours I haven't had to put the track pieces back together a zillion times. Five stars for fun, because...well, it's Mario Bro.'s!

Overall, I am very impressed that someone has finally come out with a durable and fun Mario Bro.'s play set. K'NEX really brought it with this product! I wouldn't be suprised that these start selling out once the word about them is spread. Hopefully I can complete the entire set before this happens.
on February 23, 2012
(This review is from my son who is 6 years old. I felt that he was better qualified to judge the toy since he's the one who uses it.) Okay here goes:
I love this toy. It is so much fun! I pretend there are kinex tracks all over the house!!!!!!! My sister likes the mini-figure mario. Too bad because some days later from when this toy arrived the stickers started to fall off so I taped them on. This is really really fun for a mario fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on September 13, 2012
I was disappointed to see the tiny little pieces to assemble. You'll need some special tools to hold the pieces to assemble. It is easy for kids to miss the pieces. Hope it had larger sized pieces to work with, it would have been fun for kids to assemble.
on March 23, 2013
My six-year-old nephew and I are HUGE LEGO fans. Personally, I collect LEGO sets and derive immense pleasure from putting the pieces together. My nephew shares my passion in building and he's also a huge Super Mario fan. So when I saw this, I bought it with an open mind and hoped it's as good as LEGO.

- The pieces aren't as sturdy as LEGO. My nephew could assemble a LEGO car all by himself, but when it came to this, he had trouble and asked for my assistance. It seemed that the pieces didn't fit well together and they had a tendency to fall apart.

-The instruction manual isn't as clear LEGO. Unlike LEGO, this manual doesn't tell you how many pieces you must use in each step or which piece goes first. Plus, the bike seat is red -but in the manual, step five and six, it's pink. I know I am being anal and that unlike LEGO, this set is inexpensive, but I expect the manufacturers to care enough to use the same color as the toy.

Overall, this toy is OKAY. If you're used to LEGO, then you'll be sorely disappointed with this one. That being said, my nephew likes it. Buy it only if your son/daughter is a huge Super Mario Fan.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 11, 2015
Fun set for any Mario lover. Easily put together although has a few super small pieces so be careful when opening not to lose any. He character can come off and on so can play either way. If you want the character to stay on the bike I would recommend gluing it.
on December 26, 2013
My little dude loves Mario and has a few of the Knex kits. He wanted Bowers and getting with with the bike was a nice bonus for him. The bike goes together quite easy. We couldn't get Bowser to stay on the bike all that well (His tail and shell comes off but couldn't get his feet into the pegs). Other than that, fun little character to add to the set!
on July 9, 2013
If you like Legos and Mario, this K'Nex set is okay. It is very easy to build and has very little pieces. When built, it is very small, similar to the mini lego packs that you can buy. If you are set on buying this, get it from here as the prices in the retail stores are very much higher. Also, Mario is the cheaper of the bunch at the writing of this review. Not much more I can say on a simple K'Nex set.
on January 2, 2014
I love that there is someone making Mario building bricks, because that's all my son wanted for his birthday. But unfortunately K'nex pieces don't fit together quite as nicely as Lego pieces do. I would glue it so he wouldn't have to keep asking me where missing pieces are, but then he would complain that he couldn't take it apart, so it's kind of a no-win situation. Still, it's the only way to get Mario-type building sets.
on July 19, 2013
I was honestly never a big fan of K'nex but since they started making these Mario Kart figures I've been interested. This figure goes great with the others in my collection, the highlight of this set is the Wario figure that comes with the bike. The bike is okay but the mini figure inside is awesome. At around 2 inches tall it's a nice size and the bike looks good though it falls apart often and you have to put on around 5 stickers which I never like doing. Still, this is worth the price and I'm satisfied with the purchase.
on April 2, 2013
This Mario toy was just perfect! The size is perfectly compatible with the lego figurines, and my son was pestering me about gifting him a Mario in that size... The Mario figurine is gorgeous, much better quality than the lego figurines, and the bike was very, very easy to assemble! I think I will be buying the Luigi and the other characters very soon!