Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nintendo DS Green Nerf Lite Armor
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

#1 HALL OF FAMEVINE VOICEon February 18, 2008
The Nerf case lets you protect your Nintendo DS Lite at the right price. It has a lot more pros than cons. A case is really required equipment for any DS purchase, and this is one that should definitely be at the top of your list.

Pros
+ Durable Nerf material provides a nice secure cushion to protect your NDS
+ Great design leaves open access to your stylus, controls and game slots!!
+ Cool color options including black, blue, pink, white and grey
+ Affordable price point (although I imagine it might go on sale from time to time)
+ Light Nerf material feels good in your hand, a true play-thru case

Cons
- Adds a lot of size due to the thick padding
- All available colors not listed here on Amazon

This case fulfills the two biggest requirements in a game case for your Nintendo DS Lite. Nintendo DS Lite Cobalt and Black

First of all, this Nerf material has some give to it. As such, this case is by far THE BEST when exposed to the drop test. Instead of cracking the case, the cushiony material will bounce slightly and in most cases keep your NDS intact.

Second, this case is well designed with open areas to access ALL those controls, game slots, and key features of your game player. That includes open spots for the headphone jack, volume control, and stylus! My first game case didn't have this feature, and it's taken me 3 cases to land on this one.

The main downside to this guy is the added thickness of the case. At this size, they could have added more extras. Additionally, some colors seem to not be sold on Amazon, namely the grey.

Still, this case does the job at a fair price. The Armor-Lite case by Joytech also has slots for your stuff, and is a lot less bulky. Nintendo DS Lite Armor Lite Case However, that case doesn't provide the same level of protection as the Nerf material does.

If you are like me and protecting your case is priority #1, get this case! If you need something more sleek and less bulky, the clear armor-lite should be on your list.

Enjoy!!!!
on October 17, 2007
I tried a half dozen different DS cases before finding this one.
Put the closed DS into the lower half of the Nerf case, nice snug fit.
Now close the Nerf lid.
A little gentle pressure, and "Click".
Now nerf and ds lid open and close together.
Fits like a glove, feels great, You've gotta play a game on a Nerfed DS to really get it. I got mine 4 days ago and it just keeps getting better in my opinion.
I highly recommend this case above all others.
on August 26, 2007
I just bought one of these for my Nintendo DS Lite. The fit is very good with complete acess to all ports and switches. I came upon this in one of the electronic games store. They only had blue (very nice color) and black. My DS is pink and the blue looks fine with it. The only problem is that it makes the DS Lite bigger and with it on you can't put it in most of the carrying cases (except possibly the small back pack style. I really think the protection for the unit out weighs this little "problem."
I'm forever dropping things so it is definitely a must for me. I've seen the different colors in print ads and they are really nice.
on December 24, 2007
We really like this. It's made from the nerf material used in footballs, soccer balls, etc. This was easy to install and protects the unit very well. It also makes it extremely comfortable to hold the unit. It's nice and cushy and I think if my daughter dropped her ds it would bounce right off the floor. Great for little hands and easy to grip.
on July 10, 2008
It's a great idea and it does protect your DS well but it is a pain in the [...] to take off. It is also bulky, but I guess that is needed to protect the console.
on April 2, 2009
Great protection for a young person's DS. Bought it for the 4 year old after seeing her drop her DS (twice) on the floor of garage. It really does make this vulnerable hand held game "safer" from damage. HOWEVER, my complaint is it is VERY DIFFICULT to remove (thus the 3 stars). Why would you want to remove it, you ask? After we bought it my older child tried it on her own DS because Miss Dropsey's DS was charging. It is VERY difficult to remove and you could EASILY damage the ds you are trying to protect. Ours is scratched/dinged up on the sides trying to remove the darned thing and I could easily see a younger person breaking the DS in half trying to remove it. I would have given it 5 stars BEFORE trying to remove it.
on June 18, 2008
I just bought the Metallic Rose DS Lite and I needed a case to protect it. I choose to get the NERF Armor, I love the funky look of it and I love the Nerf products. Unfortunately I regret buying it... First off it smells! It left a very bad odor in my backpack and the odor just lingers. Second when I removed my Ds from it, it DAMAGED MY NEW DS!!!! It scraped the paint off the back and it left dents where it latched on. I would not recommend!!!
on February 13, 2008
This case is amazing. The only problem is that it nearly doubles the weight of the ds. If this doesn't annoy you, then get it.

Aside from the weight thing, this case is great. It adds to the bulk of the ds and allows you to hold it easier.

I have big hands and I used to get cramps in my hands from holding the ds lite. Nerf armor solved my problem.
on December 27, 2011
Excellent protection against bumps and drops. The parts that are not covered by Nerf foam are still covered with hard plastic.

Only con is that it's virtually impossible to remove the plastic case (at least it will take an adult!)so we haven't played Guitar Hero -- which uses an add-on piece to the DS -- since we bought this Nerf armor. All our other DS games which just use the standard buttons play just fine.

Others have said that the DS becomes too "bulky" but that's just something to get used to. Eventually, it's kind of nice to have a bigger grip on the DS. I actually think the Nerf Armor makes the DS ergonomically easier to play on.
on December 30, 2007
I purchased this item after my four year old took an interest in my DS. It's been great! It simply puts my mind at ease when I know she's playing it b/c if she happens to drop it it's protected! It makes the DS a little easier for her to hold too since it's a little bulky! Every kid should have one of these on there systems!