Top critical review
9 people found this helpful
It's ok, but...
on February 26, 2009
This kit includes the following:
1) A hard case for the DS. The case seems to be good quality, but the DS fits snugly, so there's no room for storing anything else.
2) A lanyard for the DS.
3) Screen protectors. It comes with two sticky screen protectors for the top screen, and two protectors for the bottom screen. The sticky protectors are ok, since they only have glue on the perimeter, so it won't stick directly to the screen. The bottom protector is just a piece of plastic that you put on the screen, so it may fall.
4) Base: you connect the original charger to this base, and put the DS upside down for charging. Whenever the base is connected to electric power, two very bright leds shine, so it's something you don't want to leave connected when you are not using it. The base seems sturdy enough.
5) Car charger: I haven't used it, but seems like any other cell phone charger sold for cheap in stores.
6) Screen cleaners: not very useful, since the shape make them difficult to hold, so when you try to use them your fingers will touch the screen. 3 included.
7) Game protective case: the package includes 3 cases, but just one came with a molded pad for storing a card. The other two cases are nothing more that small plastic boxes, so cards will be loose inside them.
8) A stylus, the body is metallic.
9) Earphones: the cheapest earphones they could find. I don't know what they mean for "high quality earphones", because the sound that they deliver make your DS sound like the original NES back from the 80's... I won't use them.
10) Carrying bag: just a fabric bag for keeping all the stuff. The fabric is not very good so I guess it won't last long.
Overall, I'm happy with my purchase, specially for the DS case and the screen protectors, something I can't live without. Other items are just a plus.