5.0 out of 5 stars Fast And Furious
What can you say about a good car charger? That it charges what is supposed to charge fast and with good electrons that last. Add to that that it will make sure you're charging your product using the manufacturer's approved charger without having to pay a fortune for it and you have a great product, and this is what this original Nintendo charger is

Although it...
Published on October 30, 2009 by Charlie Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, positively meets expectations
Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter.

Expectations: Charges my DS Lite....In the car.

Results: Charges my DS Lite... In the car.

Published on May 9, 2010 by T. Dieterich

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast And Furious, October 30, 2009
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)

Although it won't charge your DS at the same speed and strength the plug-in charger will do (I think no car charger can do that) it will charge it fast enough so you don't find that your four year old was unable to play her games at the restaurant after you forgot to charge it at home and only had 15-20 minutes in the car to charge it, this even with your little princess playing on it while you're on your way. The cable is also long enough so cars without a 12V plug in the back can still charge it via the front plug. That happens to me on a recent rental car and I was very happy after thinking before: "why do they made this cable so long?" And there you go

Overall quality is also very good, with a solid construction on plastic and a steel point. Why pay less and doubt if for just a little more you can have an original product? I wouldn't do it and I didn't, but it's up to you

3.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely, positively meets expectations, May 9, 2010
T. Dieterich (Minneapolis, MN USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter.

Expectations: Charges my DS Lite....In the car.

Results: Charges my DS Lite... In the car.

It's hard to get poetic about this. The large part fits into my mobile device power outlet located inside my car (some people call call it a cigarette lighter -- I can't fathom where this idea comes from). The small part fits into my Nintendo DS Lite. When both connections are completed, and my car ignition is on, the battery in my Nintendo DS is recharged.

The cord isn't long enough to reach from your front power outlet to the very back of your SUV, though in my compact station wagon, it wil just reach from the front to back seats. It's not as fast as the standard (household outlet) recharger, nor will it make your teeth whiter. Using it has not granted me ultimate control over the peoples of Earth.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it is supposed to do, June 12, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
With so many choices for a simple car charger for my kids DS', off-brand and name-brand, I didn't want to take any chances with one that might disappoint! This one did not. YES! This works for the regular DS, not just the newer DS Lite. The long straight cord is what sets this one apart. It is sturdy too, and well worth the extra few bucks! My kids can play in the third row back seat of an Acura MDX and plug in the front! I'm ordering one more to boot!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, January 6, 2010
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
This car charger is just what I needed for long car trips with my DS. It is the Nintendo brand and works perfectly. I appreciate that it has a long straight cord (not curled, like my phone charger) and only took 90 minutes to fully charge and I was playing my DS at the same time - works just as well as the wall charger!

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't fit the DS Lite we have, December 26, 2013
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
It says that it is for a DS Lite but doesn't fit my daughters. I am not sure which Lite it fits.
I did like that the cord was extra long to reach from the front seat into the back. I just wish that it fit our DS.

2.0 out of 5 stars Adapter not titled correctly, December 5, 2011
Amazon Customer (SILSBEE, TEXAS, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
This adapter was titled DS Lite car adapter and the adapter I received was not for a DS Lite but for a DSi. Not a satisfied customer. :(

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes a car ride less stressful, December 22, 2010
Erin Leva (Fort Washington, Maryland United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
The Nintendo DS Lite car adapter does exactly as promised. It allows your Nintendo DS Lite to charge while in the car. I cannot even tell you how many countless times prior to purchasing the Nintendo DS Lite charger my kids had the DS Lite's die on them during a long car ride. You want to know what happens when a DS stops working? Well let's just say it makes for an extremely long car ride. Not only are your kids bored but now they are doubly disapointed. I have 3 of these chargers. Two for my car and one for my husbands. The chargers are also relatively inexpensive. They are well worth the price for the convenience they bring.

4.0 out of 5 stars what can i say?, June 9, 2014
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
It works, I got it at a good price and my kid is happy to have it. Nothing more needs to be said.

5.0 out of 5 stars works, March 8, 2014
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
Kids have only used these DS chargers a few times in the car, but they seem authentic and they do what they're supposed to...

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Product for the right job, February 13, 2014
This review is from: Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter (Video Game)
I purchased this and it works great and is exactly what I needed. It came Fast and works Great! Definitely would recommend it to any parent of a child with a DS Lite game system.

Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter
Nintendo DS Lite Car Adapter by POWER A (Nintendo DS)
$12.99 $1.99