5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy
Published on December 1, 2010 by StarLight

3.0 out of 5 stars Gran producto
Es bueno y economico lo recomiendo con toda seguridad para los diferebtes tipos de dsi espero les sirva mucho esta informacion
Published 17 months ago by Jhonathan Torres

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Buy, December 1, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo DSi XL 20 in 1 Starter Kit - Midnight Blue (Accessory)
This comes with many different things that you were probably considering to buy for your DS. It is def. worth the price considering how many things you actually get. Anyway, the Charging Dock is one of the things I like the most, since it can charge on my desk and take up minimal space. The downside to the charging dock is that it is lit up whenever the charger is attached to it... So even if your DS is not actually in the charger, it will still be lit up, wasting energy. So unplug the charger from the dock when its not in use if this bothers you too.
The carrying case is big but serves its purpose. It is a hard shell so if it drops, your nintendo will not be damaged. I like that the case has the 3 cartridge cases so you can carry your favorite games securely. They are simple but functional. The USB SD Card Reader, Wrist Straps, and Carry-all Tote Bag have been pretty pointless for me but you may like them. I always like to have extra styluses so I'm glad it came with some for when I forget to put mine back or lose them. The earbuds are surprisingly good; Although I don't use them for the DS, I have been using them with my computer and mp3 player and am impressed. Oh and the car charger- awesome to have as an option if you're going for a LONG drive :-)
I recommend this product, especially in the burgundy color; it's very nice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good enough for the price, July 21, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I got this for my 7-year old, along with a DS-XLi. Both of us are quite happy with this.

The Good: The case is sturdy and DS fits snugly too. Most accessories in the kit are really essential - the game cases, the protection screens, the travel charger, the straps for the DS, and the cleaning cloth. I'll be using the USB adapter very soon, as well. The pouch is good to store everything else that don't fit in the case.

The Bad: There are so many styluses that come with this; but not all can fit in the case. So, I'm sure, we might end up losing one of them. Same with the spare protection screens (not sure, where to keep them safe).

The Ugly: We tried to use the docking station; but it is cumbersome. And, my kid doesn't let go of the DS even when it is charging. So, this hasn't been of much use to us. Maybe for someone who likes the blue-LED light :)

Overall, this is a great deal for the money. Couldn't find a better "all-in-one" kit either online or in-store.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great DSi XL accessories package, December 7, 2010
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
When I bought my son's DSi XL, I bought an accessory kit by Nintendo to go along with it. I have replaced most of those with the accessories from this kit. The case is much nicer and is big enough that it allows you to put three game cartridges and an extra stylus in addition to the DSi XL unit (the DSi XL barely fit in the Nintendo case). Because of the extra room, there are 2 rubber straps that are used to keep the DSi XL unit in place.

This kit comes with many accessories, but I'll highlight the ones that I found useful. First, the screen protectors are essential to ensure that the screen of your DSi XL remains in good condition. Second, this kit comes with 2 wrist straps, which is useful to put on your little one to make sure he/she doesn't drop the DSi XL. Third, the car charger is also very helpful when you are going on road trips as you can be sure that your little one is pre-occupied and you hear less of the "are we there yet?" Fourth, the package comes with a few styluses. My kid hasn't lost any yet (knock on wood), but I've heard from friends that they lose these pretty quickly so these may come in handy in the future.

My only negative thing to say about this is that some of the accessories are either not too useful or look cheap. For example, the pouch that is included looks pretty cheap and the charging dock does not seem like it's very useful. Also, the cleaning cloth is so-so (the cleaning cloth in the Nintendo accessory kit is of much better quality).

5.0 out of 5 stars my son loves it, January 12, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This is a great kit the only problem was getting the protective clear screen on the ds. everything is great!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great starter kit, April 17, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I debated between this and another starter kit, and I'm glad I went with this one. First impressions were key here, and I have to say the case was quite impressive. Not completely hard yet by no means soft; sturdy, and more than adequate protection. Not a lot of space inside; it comes with a velcro-attached insert that holds three game card cases and an extra stylus, all of which are held tightly and somewhat difficult to extract. I suppose you could remove the insert and have some room for loose game cards and earbuds and whatnot, but I prefer the sleek design of the insert, and hope the holders for the game-cases and stylus will loosen up over time.

The docking station light IS bright as others have mentioned, so that's a drawback. Still, I s'pose it's a handy thing to have if you want a nice resting base while charging your unit. The screen protector for the touch screen is awesome; went on easily, fit perfectly, no bubbles, and no loss of responsiveness, as far as I can tell. Not so thrilled with the top screen protector; was too large for the screen, and I wasted time (and went through both protectors) trying unsuccessfully to cut them down to fit while trying to keep them free from fingerprints and dust. In the end, I forgo the top screen protector completely, figuring the touch-screen one was the most important. Still, would have been nice if, since they included a top one, they'd made it to fit.

The cleaning cloth could be better quality; it's more silky in texture, and I worry about scratching. The audio splitter and the memory card reader are nice touches, and I'm sure will come in handy. I don't travel a lot so don't have a lot of need for a car charger, still it's a nice accessory to have. The carrying pouch is high quality; much better than I expected from reading other reviews. It's not simply cotton cloth, more like a felt consistency and quite sturdy...handy for storing the accessories you can't keep in the case.

The case alone was a good investment, and the other accessories are all useful, and not merely filler like in some kits, so overall I'm quite happy with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT deal at a GREAT price, February 2, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I purchased this case for my 6 yr old granddaughter to help keep her Nintendo nice. I was more than happy with this product, very nice case and came with many extras. It is the best I have seen, and I will be purchasing another one soon for my other granddaughter. This is well worth the price and I highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Deal!, February 8, 2014
Purchased this as a Christmas gift for my niece. The accessories would have been much more expensive if purchased separately.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great gift, January 27, 2014
Protects game and stores additional games while keeping it all well organized. Everything I expected and more. Item arrived on time and it was well protected and packaged in a way allowed us to access it easily. I would certainly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Son Loved This!, September 14, 2013
TLG (Georgetown, OH USA) - See all my reviews
This kit comes with everything you will need for your DSi XL (minus any games). It's durable and the accessories are well made.

4.0 out of 5 stars dsi xl starter kit, June 25, 2013
loved it,, and it was not expensive at all.... highly recommend to buy it protects your games from getting lost and it comes with lots of goodies... I bought 2 and my daughters love them

Nintendo DSi XL 20 in 1 Starter Kit - Midnight Blue