5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good...
With so many fake Wii controllers being sold on Amazon, we were hesitant to buy this one, even though Amazon had it listed as an updated version of the Wii Nunchuck. But, since it was a little cheaper we decided to trust Amazon and give it a shot.

Published on December 7, 2012 by Jandsm

2.0 out of 5 stars Generic; not a real Nintendo product.
I just received mine and it is a knock-off. The fact that this shows up on the top of searches for "Nintendo nunchuk," says it is "by Nintendo," shows a real Nintendo box in the pictures (yet product comes in no box and only plastic wrapping), and is nearly the same price as a genuine Nintendo product at any retail story is very misleading.

I love Amazon, but...
Published 16 months ago by E. Nygma

2.0 out of 5 stars Generic; not a real Nintendo product., September 18, 2013
E. Nygma (California USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars

I love Amazon, but these types of companies selling on Amazon with false descriptions make me feel cheated and question other products I am researching or have purchased. =/ I would hope someone at Amazon could change these descriptions and remove images when they are verified to be fakes so others aren't fooled and can make better choices.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine... at first., July 28, 2013
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black (Video Game)
The product was received in excellent working condition. However, after about 2 weeks the nunchuck became incredibly unresponsive. I have been forced to unplug it whenever I notice my controls start to "stick" or become unresponsive. I have no choice but to contact Nintendo's support in order to setup an RMA.

5.0 out of 5 stars So far so good..., December 7, 2012
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars

We used it to play Smash Brothers on our Wii for about an hour so far and it's worked fine. It looks like real Nunchucks we've bought in the past, has the same feel, the only difference we've seen so far is that it's a few dollars cheaper and it just came in a box marked Wii U.

I'll update this if we notice any problems, but so far it seems like a good, authentic, controller for Wii.

1.0 out of 5 stars Counterfeit, April 21, 2014
Had to return this - it says Nintendo, but when I sent it to Nintendo for repair, they said it was counterfeit.

1.0 out of 5 stars Longevity an issue, January 6, 2014
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
This unit stopped working within a month. Maybe these are refurbished, or just poorly made. We bought two Nunchuks at "Toys r Us" and they have lasted over two years. So, it's not that my kids were rough with this unit.
It definitely has a reliability issue. My advice ..... buy elsewhere.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked a few times, May 31, 2013
Ronald Springer (West Richland, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Very finicky sometimes if works and other times it won't. Haven't figured it why it works. But we won't be ordering it again. The original nunchuk that came with the wii is working great consistently. Just wanted a second one to play multiple players.

1.0 out of 5 stars After only a couple weeks in use it has stopped working., March 8, 2013
After buying a cheaper after market version of this product for my daughter's WII and not being too happy with it I decided to buy one from Nintendo. I mean, the manufacturer of the game made this. So it's GOT to be better than the "el cheapo" ones,....right?

Not the case at ALL. After using it for a couple weeks (and we're not talking non stop use here. Only after school for an hour or so) it stopped working. It would just stop working and then messages about the "Nunchuk" being disconnected would start popping up on the screen.

So yeah, I'm not terribly pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Extra, March 4, 2013
This review is from: Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black (Video Game)
We had one of these that came with the set, but bought this for a second user. Works great, just like the one that came with the Wii.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, November 5, 2013
This review is from: Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black (Video Game)
I use mine mainly for playing Super Smash Bros Brawl and it works with the Wii Motion Plus controllers as well as the older regular Wiimotes. A must have for any Wii or Wii U owner. I got black because it matches my system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of junk!, April 16, 2014
This review is from: Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black (Video Game)
I purchased two of these and the wires on both are now fully exposed. I spent the money thinking this was an authentic product and it does not seem to be. After a month, the wires need the actual nunchuck have come loose and all the wiring is exposed. In fact, four months after the purchase, the only thing keeping the nunchuck together is the thin internal wires, so they're useless.

The nunchucks I had from when I first purchased the Wii some 4 years ago are still okay, but these nunchucks are already in need of replacement. The problem with Amazon.com is there is no guarantee the product is an actual Nintendo product, because each seller seems to be able to write what they want when selling their product. I don't write reviews slamming a product unless it's worth it. I spent too much money on this purchase and I sincerely regret it.

Amazon - This is a problem you're perpetuating. Require some sort of guarantee from sellers that the products they claim to be authentic, actually are....'

Nintendo - You have a responsibility to ensure knock offs aren't sold as legitimate items!

Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black
Nintendo Nunchuk Controller - Black by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii, Nintendo Wii U)
$19.99 $19.96