4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the real deal to me!
I'm not sure why it's so hard to find an official Nintendo AC adapter on Amazon, but I figured I would take a chance with this one since I misplaced mine and I'm not a fan of third party stuff for my consoles. I won't lie, I was a bit worried about ordering after reading several bad reviews from people that supposedly received third party adapters.

Mine...
Published on May 23, 2011 by Strawberry Nubcake

3.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY BEFORE YOU TRY THIS!!!
It just may be that your original power supply is NOT dead!

First, UNPLUG your "dead" power supply (from the wall outlet) and LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Plug it back in - voila! Problem solved.

A friend told me about this trick after talking to Nintendo tech support, and sure enough - IT WORKED!

Unfortunately, I had...
Published on March 2, 2011 by Hairball

3.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY BEFORE YOU TRY THIS!!!, March 2, 2011
This review is from: Nintendo RVL-002 Wii AC Power Adapter - Bulk Packaging (Personal Computers)
It just may be that your original power supply is NOT dead!

Unfortunately, I had already purchased an item like this one by the time I heard of this fix. I do not have a comment on the quality of this particular product, but thought that everyone should know of the above "fix". As a result, I just gave it a middle of the road 3-star rating.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bait & Switch - Do Not Trust UnitedIntegral as Seller!!, February 8, 2011
Shaun Harmen (Madison, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
1) Product received works like original AC Wii Adapter, but is not product as advertised. Bought under impression this was identical to original Nintendo adapter; manufactured by Nintendo with Nintendo issued part number RVL-002, and as pictured with Nintendo logo. However, product received was imitation, clearly in 3rd party packaging.
2) Order shipped late, only after contacting seller.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a Trustworthy Seller!!!!, February 12, 2011
I am not sure why some people have previously received an authentic Nintendo RVL-002 Wii AC Power Adapter, but what I received was a cheap random off-brand that says on the box it is a replacement for an original Nintendo Wii Adapter. I honestly don't mind that it isn't the real deal, but when United Integral blatantly lies by showing the image of an original Nintendo Wii AC adapter as the product image and states in the description that "This adapter is original and of Nintendo Brand", that is what they should sell, not a cheap knock off. Just know when you buy this that you won't be getting a real Nintendo Wii adapter. United Integral should not be an Amazon seller if they aren't being truthful and up front about what they are selling the buyers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks like the real deal to me!, May 23, 2011
Strawberry Nubcake (Greenville, North Carolina United States) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars

Mine arrived in a box that was obviously for a third party adapter, but what was inside appears to be the official Nintendo product. (correct shade of grey, doesn't look cheap, Nintendo logo, RVL-002, etc) A note was also included to explain why it was packaged this way.

In case anybody is wondering what the note said...
The seller supposedly ships Wiis to Asia and the adapters are removed because they require different voltages over there.

Considering the fact that I still have my consoles from the 80's and 90's and they still work perfectly fine today, the cause of death for a Wii after acquiring an AC adapter in third party packaging won't be a mystery! I won't hesitate to post again if my Wii suddenly dies. *knocks on wood* Hopefully that won't happen!

You're more than welcome to give Nintendo $20+shipping for one if you're feeling unsure and have the cash to spare, but this seems to be the official product with a much better price tag!

1.0 out of 5 stars I was Duped, too, June 6, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
Like other reviewers, I thought I was getting an original "Nintendo" product, but the AC adapter I received caused a lot of static in the television picture. My old, original AC adapter still works, so I plugged it in to compare the picture. It is definitely this AC adapter, which is a cheap knock-off, that is causing the picture problems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuine Nintendo adapter, January 20, 2012
Mark Adler (Pasadena, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Unlike some other reviewers here, I did in fact receive a genuine Nintendo adapter. It works great and there is no distortion of the video output. Great price too ($9.83 at the time), which is why I gave it five stars.

Anyone who doesn't receive a genuine Nintendo adapter can and should send it back at Amazon's expense. This one is very clearly advertised as being by Nintendo.

I have no idea why my review ratings (two rows of stars to click on) are connected to the two questions: "How much fun is this game?" and "How do you rate this game overall?". This isn't a game amazon.com -- this is a power adapter!!

2.0 out of 5 stars did NOT receive a Nintendo product, adapter does not work with component cable, January 20, 2011
Jenni Kmiotek (Long Island, NY) - See all my reviews
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I don't know why this company seems to send different products to different people. Almost all the reviews state they received a genuine Nintendo product that is identical to the one that came with the Wii. I believe the reviewers, however I didn't get the same product they did, I guess. The item I received is a cheap one, much much lighter in weight than the Nintendo one that came with my Wii. It also does not say Nintendo anywhere on it at all. I checked carefully (and I'm a young person with good eyesight!). It is definitely not a Nintendo product, it doesn't even pretend to be one. It's a lightweight piece of cheap plastic made in China.

I wouldn't mind IF the thing worked, but it doesn't. It does okay with the composite cable that came with the Wii, but it doesn't provide enough power for a component cable to work. I tested this out using three different televisions. This adapter works as promised when I use the composite cable -- but when I use the component cable, the picture either doesn't come on at all, or at best the picture wobbles in and out and sometimes goes blank entirely. Using the original Nintendo adapter that came with the Wii, the component cable works perfectly. This held true for all three TVs. This cheap adapter simply doesn't have the power for a component connection. I've contacted the seller for a refund but haven't heard back.

5.0 out of 5 stars NAME BRAND AT A GREAT PRICE, November 28, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I do not know why someone in another review has stated that this is not a name brand and is low quality. That is completely false and if they received anything other than what the description stated then they should have contacted the seller. I received a NINTENDO Wii power cord. Nintendo is stamped on the back of the power brick. I laid my original charger and my replacement charger next to each other and examined the two and there is absolutely NO difference what so ever in the products. It is a heavy duty NINTENDO wii charger just like the original. This is a great product for a very low price compared to others. I highly recommend this product and seller. I hope my review has helped.

5.0 out of 5 stars A cheap cure for a Dead wii, December 3, 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendo Wii Official AC Charger Power SupplyThis charger worked great. After a electrical storm my children's beloved wii ceased to power on. I prowled many of the forums on how to fix it. The picture looked bleak. I encountered one post telling that the power adapter was especially sensitive to electrical surges. The poster went on to tell many people were replacing the console when all they really needed was a new power adapter. I purchased the adapter, plugged it in problem solved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works fine very pleased with the price, June 6, 2014
Frank Menges (TOWSON, MD, US) - See all my reviews
Does not look like picture shown it was black not grey like the picture, but it works well . Good price

Nintendo RVL-002 Wii AC Power Adapter - Bulk Packaging