Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

on March 2, 2011
It just may be that your original power supply is NOT dead!

First, UNPLUG your "dead" power supply (from the wall outlet) and LEAVE IT UNPLUGGED for AT LEAST 30 minutes. Plug it back in - voila! Problem solved.

A friend told me about this trick after talking to Nintendo tech support, and sure enough - IT WORKED!

Unfortunately, I had already purchased an item like this one by the time I heard of this fix. I do not have a comment on the quality of this particular product, but thought that everyone should know of the above "fix". As a result, I just gave it a middle of the road 3-star rating.
119119 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 8, 2011
1) Product received works like original AC Wii Adapter, but is not product as advertised. Bought under impression this was identical to original Nintendo adapter; manufactured by Nintendo with Nintendo issued part number RVL-002, and as pictured with Nintendo logo. However, product received was imitation, clearly in 3rd party packaging.
2) Order shipped late, only after contacting seller.
on February 12, 2011
I am not sure why some people have previously received an authentic Nintendo RVL-002 Wii AC Power Adapter, but what I received was a cheap random off-brand that says on the box it is a replacement for an original Nintendo Wii Adapter. I honestly don't mind that it isn't the real deal, but when United Integral blatantly lies by showing the image of an original Nintendo Wii AC adapter as the product image and states in the description that "This adapter is original and of Nintendo Brand", that is what they should sell, not a cheap knock off. Just know when you buy this that you won't be getting a real Nintendo Wii adapter. United Integral should not be an Amazon seller if they aren't being truthful and up front about what they are selling the buyers.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2011
I'm not sure why it's so hard to find an official Nintendo AC adapter on Amazon, but I figured I would take a chance with this one since I misplaced mine and I'm not a fan of third party stuff for my consoles. I won't lie, I was a bit worried about ordering after reading several bad reviews from people that supposedly received third party adapters.

Mine arrived in a box that was obviously for a third party adapter, but what was inside appears to be the official Nintendo product. (correct shade of grey, doesn't look cheap, Nintendo logo, RVL-002, etc) A note was also included to explain why it was packaged this way.

In case anybody is wondering what the note said...
The seller supposedly ships Wiis to Asia and the adapters are removed because they require different voltages over there.

Considering the fact that I still have my consoles from the 80's and 90's and they still work perfectly fine today, the cause of death for a Wii after acquiring an AC adapter in third party packaging won't be a mystery! I won't hesitate to post again if my Wii suddenly dies. *knocks on wood* Hopefully that won't happen!

You're more than welcome to give Nintendo $20+shipping for one if you're feeling unsure and have the cash to spare, but this seems to be the official product with a much better price tag!
on June 6, 2011
Like other reviewers, I thought I was getting an original "Nintendo" product, but the AC adapter I received caused a lot of static in the television picture. My old, original AC adapter still works, so I plugged it in to compare the picture. It is definitely this AC adapter, which is a cheap knock-off, that is causing the picture problems.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon January 20, 2012
Unlike some other reviewers here, I did in fact receive a genuine Nintendo adapter. It works great and there is no distortion of the video output. Great price too ($9.83 at the time), which is why I gave it five stars.

Anyone who doesn't receive a genuine Nintendo adapter can and should send it back at Amazon's expense. This one is very clearly advertised as being by Nintendo.

I have no idea why my review ratings (two rows of stars to click on) are connected to the two questions: "How much fun is this game?" and "How do you rate this game overall?". This isn't a game -- this is a power adapter!!
on January 20, 2011
I don't know why this company seems to send different products to different people. Almost all the reviews state they received a genuine Nintendo product that is identical to the one that came with the Wii. I believe the reviewers, however I didn't get the same product they did, I guess. The item I received is a cheap one, much much lighter in weight than the Nintendo one that came with my Wii. It also does not say Nintendo anywhere on it at all. I checked carefully (and I'm a young person with good eyesight!). It is definitely not a Nintendo product, it doesn't even pretend to be one. It's a lightweight piece of cheap plastic made in China.

I wouldn't mind IF the thing worked, but it doesn't. It does okay with the composite cable that came with the Wii, but it doesn't provide enough power for a component cable to work. I tested this out using three different televisions. This adapter works as promised when I use the composite cable -- but when I use the component cable, the picture either doesn't come on at all, or at best the picture wobbles in and out and sometimes goes blank entirely. Using the original Nintendo adapter that came with the Wii, the component cable works perfectly. This held true for all three TVs. This cheap adapter simply doesn't have the power for a component connection. I've contacted the seller for a refund but haven't heard back.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 24, 2011
I purchased this after my original PS appeared to have failed. I hooked it up and my Wii unit received power right away, however, there was no picture on my TV. It turns out that this is cheap imitation and after only a little while of being powered on the unit started to melt and was severely hot to the touch. I found another user mentioned that their original power supply may not actually be broken and you could try and fix it. This WORKED FOR ME by the way.

1: Unplug your original power supply from both the wall and the Wii
2: Let sit for at least 30 minutes
3: Reconnect the unit to the Wii and the wall
4: Viola!! Working!
on November 28, 2010
I do not know why someone in another review has stated that this is not a name brand and is low quality. That is completely false and if they received anything other than what the description stated then they should have contacted the seller. I received a NINTENDO Wii power cord. Nintendo is stamped on the back of the power brick. I laid my original charger and my replacement charger next to each other and examined the two and there is absolutely NO difference what so ever in the products. It is a heavy duty NINTENDO wii charger just like the original. This is a great product for a very low price compared to others. I highly recommend this product and seller. I hope my review has helped.
on December 3, 2010
Nintendo Wii Official AC Charger Power SupplyThis charger worked great. After a electrical storm my children's beloved wii ceased to power on. I prowled many of the forums on how to fix it. The picture looked bleak. I encountered one post telling that the power adapter was especially sensitive to electrical surges. The poster went on to tell many people were replacing the console when all they really needed was a new power adapter. I purchased the adapter, plugged it in problem solved.