Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Nintendo Selects: Mario Super Sluggers” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 14% off the $19.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Nintendo Selects: Mario Super Sluggers
|Price:||$25.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Simple, Active Controls: Rookies and veterans alike will be hittin' it home in no time. Simply swing the Wii
- Remote controller like a bat, or use a pitching motion to test your strike power from the mound!
- Live the Dream: Show your face at the plate; play as your Mii!
- Play Ball! ...With Friends: Up to four players can challenge one another on a single Wii console. Go nine innings or try one of the minigames - including a home run contest!
- Stadium Mania: Select from nine unique stadiums - everything from an ice-filled castle to an urban cityscape! Many stadiums can be acccessed day or night, allowing double-headers under the lights!
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Set in the diverse environments of 'Baseball Kingdom,' this is a game that is easy to learn and compulsively addictive, but that also can be made to be as challenging as you want it to be. When you are a rookie go on the offensive by swinging the Wii Remote to smack singles, doubles, triples or even home runs; while when playing defense simulating a pitching motion to toss the ball over the plate. As you grow more confident in your skills, you can choose to attach a nunchuck controller while playing defense to control outfielders for an extra challenge. And regardless at what level you play at always remember that Mario Super Sluggers' nine mini-games are always an option. So, when you need a break from organized play, just grab a few friends and take the mound in a pitching challenge or swing for the fences in the home run derby. In addition, since Mario Super Sluggers supports up to four players, with enough controllers, you can go two on two in epic battles. As you traverse the Baseball Kingdom, put together your "all star" team made up of your favorite Nintendo characters including the games five captains. Each of these has different abilities and temperament making them as valuable as they are difficult in the right or wrong situation. The result is a take on the American Pastime that you and your family will have a hard time putting down. Multiple Game Modes
Baseball should be a social game, so whether you are by yourself or surrounded by friends, there's a Mario Super Sluggers game for every occasion.
- Challenge: Trek across Baseball Kingdom in this singleplayer. mode. Defeat characters in a variety of baseball-related challenges to persuade them to join your team. Once you've assembled an all-star team for the ages, throw down with the baddest baseballer in town: Bowser! The singleplayer. Challenge Mode is a sports fan's dream.
- Explore the rich and varied landscape of Baseball Kingdom as you gather teammates for your fight against Bowser. From lush tropical jungles to modern urban landscapes, each area of the kingdom is a new experience.
- Like high-powered free agents, the characters in Mario Super Sluggers won't join just any old team-they want to play for a winner. When you find a new character, he or she will test your skills on the field. Only by besting them in hitting, pitching and fielding contests can you get them to join your side.
- In Challenge Mode, you can control one of five captains, each with personal special powers. Yoshi can jump through manholes, Wario has the power of magnetism and Donkey Kong can climb vines and shatter barrels.
- Exhibition: Hit the field and try your luck with a team of your choice. You can play against either the computer or up to three other players.
- Mini-game: Challenge yourself or take on up to three other players in nine mini-games. From home run contests to pitching duels, you'll have more fun than a rookie at his first spring training.
- Toy Field: Battle against three other players in a hitting and fielding extravaganza. You can set your turn limit and the skill level of your computer opponents, or just play against friends.
- Training: Learn the ropes in an extensive tutorial mode.
Mario Super Sluggers isn't your typical baseball game. From special moves to obstacle-filled stadiums, there's always something new around the corner for players on the field to deal with. Just a few of the goodies you'll find out on it's fields of play are:
- Special Moves: All of the captains have unique Star Skills that allow them to perform special moves while pitching or batting. Mario can turn his fastball into a fireball, Daisy can create a flower garden in the outfield and Luigi can turn infield hits into a raging tornado. Non-captains can also use Star Skills to put a little extra mustard on hits or pitches.
- Chemistry: Just as in real sports, certain characters in Mario Super Sluggers have a special connection on the field. Known as chemistry, this connection allows players to make spectacular leaping catches, gun down speedy base runners and use items to interfere with fielders.
- Stadiums: There are nine unique stadiums in the game, everything from an ice-filled castle to an urban cityscape. Many stadiums can be accessed at both day and night, allowing you to play a doubleheader under the lights.
- Wii Nunchuk: Experienced gamers can also attach the Nunchuk controller for a more advanced gaming experience.
Top Customer Reviews
The best mode of the game is obviously Challenge mode in which you pick as superstar (Mario, Luigi, Wario, Peach...) as you play in baseball kingdom and challenge other teams one by one and earn some of their players along the way in order the face Bowser's team, it's pretty much the same as the original Mario Baseball, the concept remains the same. There is exhibition mode if you just want to play with some friends for some fun, Mini-Game mode is entertaining and offers some cool mini-games like Bomb-Omb barrel, Toy Field was interesting but I didn't like it as much and of course there's the training mode to perfect your play. That's what's in the game right there, after you finished Challenge mode there is still some fun to be had.Read more ›
The other complaints I have with this game are typical of most Nintendo games. That is that the unlocking system is totally undocumented with the included material and there are a tremendous amount of unnecessary dialog bubbles. Of course you can research how to unlock things on the internet but I don't believe you should have to do this. A manual should include this information or it should be included within the game somehow (Sega All-Stars Racing did this very well within that game). The dialog bubbles within this game are painful line after line of mostly useless diatribe. They take information that could be in one line of a dialog bubble and spread it out over several bubbles, thus requiring you to press A over and over again to get through it. This can become tedious very quickly and although it gets better as your progress throughout the game it never goes away.Read more ›
The Adventure mode is an RPG, but with baseball matches instead of turn-based battles. It's pretty fun to play, and it sure helps unlock several parts of the game's content.
The minigames can remind you of Mario Party's minigames, mainly because they are kind of similar to each other. My favorite is the Bowser Pinball game.
Overall, it's a home run (He he, see what I did there?). Now let's see who can win in a baseball match: Miyamoto (Mii) or Mario.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Wonderful! Even though there were no written instructions, the game does describe how to play it when you are in the system!Published 13 days ago by Mary Mosley
My 7 year old son loves this game! He's really big into baseball so it was awesome present for him.Published 23 days ago by lisa hagopian
Brand new excellent condition. The game is perfect level for my 7 year old son. He loves the game and picked up on controls quick and easily.Published 1 month ago by James W. Wever