Top critical review
1 of 1 people found this helpful
on January 7, 2011
I wanted to get a cover for our family's Wii Fit Balance Board to keep it from getting scuffed up. This definitely does the trick, but is not the perfect solution I was hoping for.
* Installation was easy and self-explanatory. There are little nubs on the underside that fit into the recessed screw holes to keep it in place.
* The material seems durable enough to withstand abuse from kids' shoes and bumps and scratches from being stored and taken out regularly.
* There is a cutout for the power button, and the battery plate is not covered at all, so there is no need to remove the cover during normal use. (Don't know about using it with step, push-up, or skateboard accessories, though...)
* The biggest issue is that it seems slightly too big. I would've preferred a tighter fit on the Balance Board. The edges do not lay down completely flat, which has lead to my kids picking at them a bit. Also, the skin feels a little sloppy on the surface of the board. Twisting and turning tends to lead to the silicon being bunched up a little under/around your foot. I actually feel more secure on the bare board than with this attached.
* The material is translucent, not opaque. This means any variations in thickness of the material make the white from the board show through more where the silicon is thinner (like around the corners). Not really a con, but it makes it look cheap to me.