Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Lacuna Coil Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on August 22, 2012
So first off I'd like to mention that the New Harbor and the BestDealUSA nunchucks are exactly the same (which is why I'm leaving the same review on both pages). I bought 3 nunchucks from different vendors here on amazon to try and see which aftermarket one is the best, but these 2 ended up being the same. I'm still waiting on the one from UnitedIntegral, and I'll update this review if it ends up being the same too. They shipped from different locations, but they come in the exact same packaging, and behave the same.

They look great and at first glance behave exactly like an OEM nunchuck controller would. If you ever play competitively though (think brawl), this is not the nunchuck you want to use. The delta on the joystick is a little off, meaning that you either leap forward or barely move most times. This can be a nightmare for those that use tilt attacks consistently in brawl. Also, sometimes the direction will randomly flip. There have been countless times where I try to dodge left but end up dodging right.

The look and feel of them is almost exactly that of an OEM nunchuck. The joystick is a little stiff at first but I actually like that, it makes it feel new. The C and Z buttons on the back are sliiiiiightly lower quality than the OEM ones, but definitely do the job. In general, the joystick feels sturdy, but for some reason does not feel like it will last as long as the one that came with the wii.

Since about 70% of my time on the wii is spent playing brawl, I'll probably end up buying an OEM nunchuck. It's still very possible to play with this one, but the small irregularities annoy me enough to need to spend a little more. I'll let my opponents use these ones, haha.
on January 22, 2016
Totally waste of time. Work on and off when first plug in. Switch with original nunchuck, everything OK. Switch back to this nunchuck. work on and off again. Returning the item. Try to save couple bucks, not worth it. Now back to square one, still need 2nd nunchuck for multiplayer. Waste so much time.
on March 16, 2014
This controller worked fine for about 6 months of very light use and then suddenly stopped working during the middle of a game with the message "Please connect nunchuck to WII remote." I plugged in my other nunchuck and the message went away so I know the problem is with the nunchuck and not the WII remote itself. The item was relatively cheap so I'm not too upset but I still wish that it had lasted longer especially considering that it did not get very much use.
on July 1, 2015
I bought these to use for a GameCube portable, so I never actually used them on a Wii. But I can say the joysticks feel like crap, they have a weird friction feel on them that OEM ones don't have. The buttons were fine though. Solidly built.
on July 21, 2012
For $5 this was a great buy. My nunchucks from Nintendo finally wore out. Instead of spending the $20 to purchase a new Nintendo Brand nunchuck, I decided to give these a try.

I purchased two of these nunchucks over a month ago and have not had any major problems with them. I did have to reconnect to the wii remote once or twice but for $5 it was worth it.

I will purchase more in the future.
on November 27, 2012
After having this a while, it has the same problem the Nintendo 64 controllers had: the thumb stick starts to grind and the white powdery looking stuff can be seen at the thumb stick base. These are not the same as the high quality Nintendo OEM nunchucks, they don't last anywhere near as long and aren't quite AS accurate even brand new. I have nunchucks from 5 years ago that work perfectly still. It's a shame because the price is amazing on these, but I should've known I'd get what I paid for. The good news is that these are so cheap you can buy 10 of them and just throw them away as they wear out.

Original Review: It's as if Nintendo made it! It's accurate, it's cheap, it works. What more could I ask for? Buy it.
on January 11, 2014
This Nunchuck worked great...for all of 30 minutes or so. Now, none of my Wii remotes will even register that it is plugged into the controller. My other nunchucks still work with all of my remotes, so the issue is strictly with this nunchuck. Considering shipping to get this product sent back to the seller will cost almost what the nunchuck cost, it's not worth the hassle. Don't bother with this product, find another.
on September 4, 2014
no good.. I had to return this and get another one to replace was broken. Never worked. plug it to remote did not respond. Just showed that nunchuck was not connected. And the second one I got as a replacement , well stopped working for whatever reason.
on October 31, 2012
I bought a couple of these babies with the black color to easily tell the difference between the originals I had, the other knockoffs I had (in white) and these. Now two of my nunchuks had some problems with games like Madden and NHL Slapshot. The damn thing would always make the player go left!!!

I tried these out and lo and behold and to my amazement, they worked. Now I can skate around with Sidney Crosby and fire shots at the goaltender, and I have no problemos.

A lovely product at a fraction of the price as the originals. Such a deal!
on August 15, 2014
Bought two, both broke after about a month. Not sure how variably the quality is, but I suspect most fail around this time. These just aren't worth it. I highly recommend getting the Nyko Kama instead. Not that much more expensive and have worked for a much longer time.