Top positive review
218 of 231 people found this helpful
Accept no substitutes - for Wii and Wii U
on November 15, 2012
This is a great, high quality controller that I've been using for my Nintendo Wii and will be using with the Wii U. To be clear, it is indeed compatible with both. Here some reasons you might want to pick this up:
1. This has the Motion Plus capability built in, which a large group of Wii and Wii U games require. No need for an attachment, which makes for a smaller, more compact controller.
2. The D-Pad and back cover have a less glossy, more matte finish plastic, which provides slightly better grip - especially if you're someone who uses it without a sleeve.
3. Sync button (for pairing a controller to a specific console) is now on the outside of the controller. No more opening up the controller to sync it to a console.
4. You can use all of your sleeves and other peripherals from your other Wii controllers, as this is the same size as the original Wii remote.
5. This is a genuine Nintendo controller. I have tried non-OEM controllers to save some money, but have not had very good results when doing so (sticking buttons, poor controller response). Stick with the genuine controllers and save yourself some headaches.