Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on November 17, 2012
I purchased 3 of these from Best Buy today (Black, White and Blue), hoping to replace my old remotes that did not have the Motionplus built in and were harder to sync. I opened the black one, and it did NOT have the exposed sync button advertised. The packaging looked exactly as it does here, with the Wii U branding on it, but it was just a regular Wii Remote Plus inside. There is no mention of the sync button change on the packaging either. I returned them, but seeing as every review I see online mentions the new sync button change, I hope that if I buy another in the future it will have the change. Perhaps since the packaging makes no mention of the change, they are just filling all the new boxes with Wii Remote Pluses, old and new? It was frustrating, and nobody in the store even knew what I was talking about when I mentioned it.

**UPDATE!**
So it turns out that SOME of the boxes have the old model and SOME have the new ones. The boxes with the NEW model have the letters "USZ" written in small letters on the TOP flap in the upper right-hand corner (you can actually see this if you zoom in on the product image), and the surface of the boxes are glossy, while the boxes with the OLD model have a matte surface and no letters on the top. I found this information in a forum post, went back to the store and found that half of the boxes had USZ, and the other half didn't, so I re-bought the remotes with USZ labels and they DO have the external sync button.

Funny note: It looks like the "external" button is really just a pass-through button on the battery cover to a regular, internal one, so if you took the battery cover and remote sleeve off a new model and put it on an old remote, it would probably allow for "external" syncing on old ones too. Nintendo should sell new battery covers and sleeves so we can use the external sync on old remotes.

That said, great remote! And no worries to anybody who is concerned about accidentally hitting the external sync button: it's sunken in such that you can't even press it without something thin like a pen tip.
1010 comments| 220 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 24, 2012
Just got them in the mail, and can already tell its an improvement over my original white Wii remotes I bought on launch day 2006. I decided to buy these Wii U branded ones because most new Wii/Wii U games require the MotionPlus technology. I also decided to get it to match the new black deluxe Wii U I preordered. Some points of interest: The new Wii U remotes have a sync button exposed on outside cover of the remote(very nice), as well as textured B button and a "chalky" d pad and back cover to the remote. Feels different but in a good way. Would recommend to current Wii users who need another controller or who simply want to upgrade, as well as future Wii U users like myself. Nintendo always has made the best remotes and continues to impress. I got to try the Wii U gamepad and its exceptional as well. Buy only first party accessories for Nintendo systems, its well worth the money.
review image
11 comment| 83 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 31, 2013
Came as promised, 2 NEW Panasonic AA Batteries, Rubber cover, wrist strap. True original equipment manufacturer. As long as Amazon Sales it and ships it, you're truly good to go. Veeeeeeery easy to sync with wii console. amazing finishing, Glossy A.F. Nice Overall.
on February 9, 2014
This is a great replacement to those old controllers that may have gone bad, like mine had. Wii remotes tend to be pretty durable, you can beat them up pretty good and they just take it like a champ, this controller is no different.

Pros:
+ Sturdy construction
+ Motion Plus built in
+ Good feel ergonomically
+ Feels like better battery life over my old original -non-Remote plus white controllers.(this is speculative, just opinion, not known fact =P)
+ Nintendo product, unlike its competitors, Nintendo has a decent track record with their Official controllers.
+ Motion plus makes it track better! (such a nice improvement over the original)

Cons:
- Lets be honest, this controller at $35-40 dollars is kinda steep honestly. The Wii is widely used in retirement homes for the elderly, and homes with kids everywhere, it doesn't have nearly as many buttons as some competitors controllers do, and is only 1 HALF of the controller needed to play MOST Wii or Wii U games. Considering the Wii is also pretty much dead, its hard to justify dishing out so much for it, nonetheless its kinda required to play (Looking at you Kinect *wink* You've not let me down.)
- Battery packs, Wheres the official Nintendo battery pack? none? yea, that's what I thought, using regular batteries is a bummer, and the 3rd party battery packs for these controllers are unreliable at best.

There's not many bad things to say about the controller, its nice, it gets the job done, and this one in particular made the Mrs happy so she could play Skyward Sword. 4 Stars Nintendo, but I got my EYES on you.
o_o
on March 2, 2015
The controller didn't work properly out of the box. It can't seem to properly calibrate or just isn't sending a strong enough signal to be picked up by the infrared bar. Anytime we play a game it either shuts off or says the wii mote is disconnected from the Wii U. Tried to contact seller to send back but no avail. Not using this seller again. INCREDIBLY disappointed.
on April 8, 2015
What more can I say? It does the job it has to, love the colour, and performs well!

I got this to play Tatsunoko vs. Capcom with my classic controller. To my delight, it comes with a sturdy plastic sleeve and batteries, which was very nice.
on June 18, 2014
The WiiRemote is one of the best controller ever! Its great for solo play, and its even better for party games (Just Dance, Wii Sports, Nintendo Land...) its very responsive and easy to hold! I wish it comes with rechargeable batteries but I have many AA Rechargeable Batteries in the house so is not a big issue for me... Order only from AMAZON, you can get fakes with some 3rd party sellers here...
on July 11, 2013
What do you say about a remote, either it works or it doesn't. Yes, mine is good and it works fine. I purchased another one because my WII game only came with one and I wanted to have another one so two people could play at the same time. The company was good in getting me this remote in good timing. As a matter of fact I received it ahead of time.
on January 27, 2013
This is identical to the original remote that came with our console, and it is fabulous. The fact that it comes complete with jacket and wrist strap is excellent. It worked seamlessly from the start and has already provided hours of entertainment!
on June 21, 2013
I bought a Wii U back in December 2012. I needed some Wii Remotes w/ motion plus so I could take advantage of the fun multiplayer in Nintendoland. I ended up buying some real cheap 3rd party wii remotes with motion plus inside. The ones I bought looked exactly like these remotes but say 2in1 on the front and don't say Wii.

The Cons of those 3rd party controllers I bought is that they needed to be sync'd every time you turn on the console. Also the remotes didn't sync up very fast and would have trouble syncing up right away. Compared to these Nintendo brand ones in which you can just hit the A button or something and it syncs up automatically if you've sync'd it before. A cool thing to note with these Nintendo brand ones is that the battery cover has a hole and an easy access sync button. Dont worry you can't accidently hit it either its not necessarily possible to tough it with your finger. However there is a piece on the strap that you can use to hit the sync button.

Another con to 3rd party remotes is the quality of the product. With these Nintendo brand I get good quality remotes. Everything works excellent and I don't have to worry about any malfunction. The 3rd party remotes worked well however I've had some hit and miss ones. I've bought 4 of them and one just simply didn't work at all when i got it. Another worked fine for a few days then the rumble feature in it went out. Another just completely stopped working after a few days of use. The speakers in the controllers weren't always spot on either. During this Zelda game in which the people with wii remotes use swords. The 3rd party remotes didn't always make sounds when doing many actions in a row. The Nintendo brand remote made sounds left and right like it should.

I will say that both the motion plus of both the 3rd party and nintendo brand worked great (when the 3rd party remotes did work). I have a theory that the motion plus works better in these remotes due to the quality of product you receive.

I have learned my lesson in buying 3rd party remotes. I'm not going to say all the 3rd party remotes are bad (just read reviews on which people approve on) but it will save you headaches and regret if you buy these. They are certainly more money of course but I'd rather be competing against the other players effectively then having myself fighting the controller. Now if only Razer could make a sweet Wii Remote.