4.0 out of 5 stars Make you go :)
THIS IS A REVIEW FOR ALL THREE VERSIONS ON NINTENDOGS+CATS

First, I would like to clarify that this is NOT an cat game and it's mainly dogs. The cats are "unlockable" after you've showed to the game that you are responsible enough to take care of you dog(s). The cats are a lot harder to "get close to" but they requires much less cares and attentions. It dosen't...
Published on April 19, 2011 by funbi1112

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for kids, but....
Got this for my son and he really liked it though it is not better than the PET PALS 2 for the Leapster LeapPad which has actual speaking in it and helps you learn things where as there is no speech from the game in this game. But he still liked it since there were so many dogs in it.
Published 23 months ago by rikaneeze

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So cute and fun!, October 20, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends (Video Game)
OK so I am new to the world of gaming and admit I am a 46 year old woman. I originally bought this game for my neices 6 and 3 as they always ask to play with my Nintendo 3DS, but all the games I have are a little too advanced for them. I bought this really for them, but I tried it and LOVE it. The 3D version has the cutest animals and they really interact with you very well. I even fee guilty if I skip a day or two to check and see how they are doing. The competitions are fun and by having your pet win the competitions you accrue prize money to buy more pets, food, water, accessories for the animals or to furnish your house. I have to say I am addicted. This game is great for my 6 year old niece since she can read the instructions, etc, but still a little too advanced for the 3 year old unless I sit next to her and tell her what to do. I would recommend this game to all ages 6 to adult.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it., October 28, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
After owning virtually all of the other Nintendog's for the earlier systems, she decided to get the one for her new 3DS. Needless to say, she can't put it down and in her words this game is "awesome". She loves taking her dogs for a "walk". By walk, we mean load the dog, close the lid to the 3DS and start walking around the house! Yes, this little device is a pedometer and you can literally go walking with your dog. Now that is ingenious.

She hasn't had any issues with the 3D affecting her eyes or giving her a headache, so in her world, all is "awesome".

Bottom line is that if your kids loved the earlier versions, you apparently can't go wrong with the 3D one.

5.0 out of 5 stars So Cute and Fun!!!, February 10, 2013
A Kid's Review
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I got this game as a 'make-up' Christmas gift when my mom bought me another dog game,I LOVE PUPPIES which,I already owned.I had asked for a different game (Which I now I own,DOGZ) But I found this one to be just as much fun,If not more.
In the game you can have up to six pups in total,but you can have up to only three at your house,the others are kept at a hotel,so you swap your dogs to spend time with each one of them.You can also buy food items,toys,music,clothes,and furniture at stores,which also get new items once and a while.You also can get dogs (or cats) at the kennel.
Honestly,I think this game would be perfectly fine without the cats because all they ever do is eat up your money and to add to that are also mean to your other pets.So,if you plan on getting this game for the cats,think again,because this game is meant for the dogs.
I must say that the graphics are FANTASTIC they look like they're literally about to jump out of the screen any momment.All the pets (except the cats) are extremly sweet and affectionate.The Frenchies make the best first dogs because they tend to be easier to train then other dogs.As you progress into the game more dogs will be unlocked.You can dress your dogs up in all sorts of cute hats,collars,and even glasses.If you play the game enough you can even buy actual crowns or tiaras! (They also have the same 'real crowns and tiaras price' though)
I have six dogs,Patches,Spike,Marley,Laura,Chester,and Baxter.So far,Patches,my first one (Frenchie)is the best trained dog.
You also have to teach your dog commands,to fetch,and doggy manners when on walks.Also,you should make sure your dog trusts you because that's key to training:trust.
You also can strenghten your bond with your dogs by playing.You can throw a ball,give a chew toy,toss a disc,kick a soccer ball,there are plenty of cute toys to play with.It's funny to watch your dogs struggle to be the one who has the honor of giving the toy to you.
You also have different music available.It is also funny to see how your dogs react to the music,they may run around,dance,or fall asleep!Music can keep life interesting,that's for sure!
A happy doggy is a clean doggy,so you should shampoo and rince your pup often.Just scrub and rinse and you'll have a beautiful,show-worthy puppy is no time.
Also,you need to feed and water your dog,to do so,just tap any bag of food of bottle of water to give your dog water or food.It's fun to watch a hungry puppy wolf down food!
Life can be fun,just watching your puppy.Depending on the dog's personality,most dogs are happiest when they've got other dogs to play with.Dogs like to wrestle and compete for food,toys,and most importantly,their owners's love and attention.That's normal,so don't panic if your dogs are pushing each other or shoving other dogs into the ground,but after a while,you should seperate them.Sometimes,you will find two dogs that are best friend,inseperrable,which is great.Spike and Marley are great friends and when they are not eating or sleeping,they are certain to be playing with each other.
Overall,I loved this game and it was really fun!
Besides that,this game is very lifelike,and great for dog owners to be!
Besides the things I said,you can also take your dogs for walks,enter them in competions,make friends,and tons of cool stuff!
The puppies do not grow in to dogs though,so you cannot breed them.But I did not get this game for breeding,I got it for playing with adorable addictingly cute puppies for hours on end.I hope you feel the same way to!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful game, January 13, 2013
Bought this for my 13 year old son, he is a dog and cat lover, animals in general, so it was just right for him.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad for kids, but...., December 28, 2012

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice clean fun, November 21, 2012
I just bought this game for my daugther and she can't put it down. She loves training her dog for the competitions. It is so hard to find games these days that don't involve violence or improper content for her age group. This game is cute, clean and unfortunatly makes her want a dog :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Addition to the Franchise, October 11, 2012
K. O. Hanna (Bluefield, WV USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
There will not be much of a structure to this review, it should be a simple, quick review of why I got the game and how I like it.

I am married and have a 3 year old daughter. I recently bought a 3DS and my daughter got the hand me down DS Lite. I got her Nintendogs last week since it is purely a sylus/touch screen game and should have been easy for her to control compared to Super Mario 64, Diddy Kong Racing, and other games that I already have. And it was very easy for her to play. I've played Nintendogs a few years ago on one of my sisters' DS' and enjoyed it. But when I got my daughter the Chihuahua and Friends for the DS, I had more fun with it than her OR my wife! So I just had to see what the 3DS Nintendogs and Cats was about. I got it on here at Amazon new for a great price (less than half of what I would have paid at Walmart AND free 2 day shipping, but enough of that, this is a product review :)). So, the graphics are great, and the dogs look amazin. I like the new contest system of 2 times per contest a day so that is 6 possible contests per dog compared to 3 contests a day per dog in the old one. The contests are my favorite part. I just like to raising a champion. I like the contest system but I liked the contests themselves better in the OLD Nintendogs. What happened to the obstacle course?? That was the best part! And instead of the obstacle course... I get to wind this little handle around so my dog can chase a lure like I'm going fishing or something. What the heck, Japan? Your ideas amaze me. And not in a good way... Other than that I have nothing to complain about, and that complaint is not worthy of dropping any stars on this game's rating. It's a marvelous game all together. The lack of cat options and activities does not bother me. I got it for the dogs. Cats are lazy and annoy me anyways. Being able to take your dogs on more walks than the old one is a plus. Even though I don't use the 3D feature very much, the dogs being on the upper screen rather than the touch screen is still a plus for me because I can use my oversized pen shaped stylus without it getting in the way of my view. One thing that annoyed me but was kinda my fault was the time was off by 12 hours on my 3DS so I woke up this morning and it still said it was Wednesday so I couldn't do any contests yet. Well I fixed the time and I still can't do any contests even though it says it's thursday now... I guess that feature is there to prevent people from time travelling and earning all the money they can carry. So cheaters, stick to grand theft auto. Overall, I give the game a 10/10. It really doesn't get much better on the 3DS. At first it might be slow, but you will get more dogs and will be able to do more per day other than just go on walks because you already did 6 contests..

4.0 out of 5 stars Much better than the original!, September 20, 2012
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Okay, I loved my original Nintendogs to bits (until I got bored with it, that is, but you know how that goes!). It was great to see the game I loved with much better graphics and new features (the German Shepherd puppy looks SO much better!). As with the original, I did get bored with it after a while (probably burnt myself out from playing it too much), but it's a great casual game. The streetpass feature is great for me because none of my friends and family own the 3DS, but I can still reap the benefits of interacting with other players wirelessly. The voice commands worked a lot better for me (I'm assuming because of the better mic), and I liked the lure course. The option of having cats is a nice addition - though of course, you need puppies in order to participate in the main aspects of the game like walking your dog and participating in competitions. The walks were also way more interesting in this game - having the options of walking through the mountains, the beach, downtown, or your main street were a nice change, and using the pedometer to take a walk was also great because you can still interact with your dog without having to actually play (useful for when I'm walking around campus or shopping).

For a while, I debated whether or not to get the game. I figured I would eventually get bored with it, so I didn't want to spend too much. The main reason I ended up buying this particular version was the price. Really, all versions are the same, they just have different starter puppies and house decors (all breeds can be unlocked after certain requirements are completed in-game), but the Golden Retriever version is $30 while the other two are $12. For the lower price, it is definitely worth it. Like I said, it's a great casual game, but it's not something I would spend $30 on, so I would go with French Bulldog or Chihuahua if you are looking to get the game.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun little Game for all ages! Great overall!, August 3, 2012
For all 3 versions of nintendogs plus cats:

Nintendogs plus cats is a great and fun little game for everyone. Much like the first version of nintendogs plus cats, this game requires bathing, feeding, walking, and playing with your pets, but in a different kind of quality and way. For one thing, there is no denying that the graphics of this game look far better then the last. The animals look like they have real fur, unlike the last version, but the way the animals move in this version, however, looks quite poor. Not realistic. They jump high and fall slow, making it look more like a cartoon-like video game more so then a make-real video game. Another thing: I have noticed when petting my dogs, they sometimes jerk movements. there is no moving in between, just one minute it's paw is here, then the next it isn't. Although this is a fact, it doesn't affect even 1 percent of the overall fantastic quality of this game.

Even though the game does have some minor glitches or dislikes, i wouldn't let it stop me from purchasing this fine game. Here is a tip: If you are uncomfortable with this game's reviews, try buying it used at game stop. That way, if you like it, you can delete the old file and replace it with yours. if you don't like it, you can simply return it within a limited time. Anyways, this game does offer plenty of fun and great experiences. It is a fact that unlike the older version of nintendogs, you can purchase cat's from the kennel. It sounds fun of course, but be warned. Cats are pretty expensive, (Not as expensive as dogs though)and they don't offer much. Sure you can buy toys for them, buy cat food for them, pet them, and accessorize them, but you cant train them, take them to, what you might just call, "special cat contests", you cant take them for walks or make money with them. They are simply for pure entertainment. It is important to have some dogs, because dogs are the only sources of money you can find. Speaking of dogs and money, there are, in fact, contests to train for, and enter your puppy in.

Like the last game, there are obedience competitions and disc competitions, but this time, instead of having a agility trails, you will have something called "lure coursing." lure coursing is a agility kind of competition, and you will find the gym out on walks to train for it. You simply wind a handle in which controls a plastic toy that your dog will follow, and try to get first to the finish line, but be careful! Don't let your dog jump on the plastic piece, and don't wind it too fast, or you might fall behind in the race!

The fun just doesn't end, doesn't it? A highlight of this game in my opinion is the new way to walk your dogs! There are now multiple places to go on walks, and instead now of walking your dog from its side like the last version, you walk it from behind, like in reality. You also don't need to make a trail in which you will follow like the last version. You just make the way as you go and enter new places. There is now a cafe, and new shops to enter during walks. You can still get presents and meet other people and pups now, but in even a more realistic way! Walking in absolutely my favorite part of this game, and even though i don't use 3d due to headaches, i can't even imagine how absolutely awesome it would look with 3d on! VERY realistic I'm guessing.

I love this game. It is the reason i even wanted a 3ds in the first place. i wouldn't let any minor glitches get in the way of my buying this game. It is overall very realistic, and offers much to do. from upgrades on things from the old version, and brand new things, there is always something that's new and exciting! This game is very fun and great for people who might want a pet and can't have one, or someone who already has a pet but wants a fun little pet game!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nintendogs + Cats, December 23, 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
Nintendogs + Cats is a good game, but not good enough to pay retail price for. I bought if for $15 and probably wouldn't pay more than $20 for it.

Pros:
-fun and relaxing game to play when not in the mood for excitement
-the dogs are very cute and the cats are even more lifelike than the dogs! I don't have a cat yet, so I can't say much about them except from playing with them at the kennel.
-I picked the French Bulldog version of the game because I wanted a sheltie, but I'm very glad you can unlock all 27 breeds of dog...The cats are the same in all versions and you don't need to unlock them.
-If you set it on pedometer while using Nintendogs, you can take your dog on a walk while you yourself are physically taking a walk! A great feature and I use it almost every day. You get treats and stuff depending on how much you walk.

Cons:
-Sometimes the graphics aren't as great as you (or at least, I) would hope. For example, a few of the dog breeds don't look as realistic as some of the others.
-I still don't know how to make money...I guess that isn't a con though.
-Kind of a con for me is that the dogs actions get really "generic." But it isn't enough of an issue to make me dislike the game.

Overall, I really am pleased with this game. I've never had any experience with the previous Nintendogs, but it has exceeded my expectations. I bought it because of the lower price and it looked like a pretty good game, but I didn't think I would play it very much. But, I've been spending a good amount of time playing it...Feeding my dog (and making sure she doesn't get overweight!), playing with her, taking her on walks, cleaning/brushing her, teaching her, taking pix of her :), etc...

So, if you can find this at a lower price, pick it up! I'm sure you will find a little puppy to call your own!

‹ Previous | 1 2 310 | Next ›