Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nintendogs + Cats: French Bulldog and New Friends
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on April 25, 2011
Let me preface this by saying that I'm a "grown-up gamer". So, as far as dog sims go, I feel that this one must be at the top of the heap, and it's really a great little game. There's just not really a ton of stuff to do with your dog, though... and I'm getting a little weary of taking it for a walk, playing frisbee and lure endlessly, and the Obedience mini-game which also requires use of the AR cards, which can get inconvenient.

The graphics in 3D are rather "fetching", however, and the StreetPass information swaps are interesting if you get the occasional StreetPass.

The "cats" part of the game seems to be really pointless and rather weak. The cats do not learn tricks, can not be taken on walks, won't play fetch, and generally, I'm not really sure why they bothered putting them in the game with these limitations. They're cute, you can pet them and they purr, and that's about it. If you're buying this especially for the cats, I think you'll be seriously disappointed.

Don't get me wrong though, it's a fun little game, and I've been playing it daily or almost daily since I got it a month ago. I hadn't played any of the predecessors, and if I had, I think I wouldn't have enjoyed this game nearly enough to justify $40.00 on it.
on August 17, 2015
super cute its a shame the cats dont do anything
i figured when i saw lure competition that would be a thing for the cats but no
also got rid of obstacle course???? nooooo why that was the best one
on December 26, 2012
This game was just like all the other 3D Nintendogs games, and my 9yr old child has loved it just as much. Keeps her busy for a long time, and this item was priced very well. Shipping time was acceptable also. I would recommend this to anyone who loves animals.
on November 29, 2012
Nintendogs was never a game well-known for its depth. This game is really cute and does a nice job of showcasing some of the 3D capabilities of the DS. It's a fun diversion. I paid less than $10 for this, so it was worth the amusement to me.
on January 1, 2013
You start this game at a kennel where you can choose the puppy you want from the various breeds available. You take your puppy home and teach him/her their name and some easy commands. You can take your dog for a walk....going to places like the park, the cafe, the gym, or to various shops (places to buy pet supplies, accessories for dressing up, furniture, etc). You can enter competitions twice a day....which pay you prize money that you can then use for shopping. After you adopt your first dog, 3 different kittens are also available for purchase once you save up enough money.

My daughter bought herself a 3DS last year that came with this game included. She liked this 3D version MUCH more than the regular Nintendogs games for the DS (she had a few and quickly resold them to Gamestop). It is a year later, and she is still enjoying THIS game. My 8 year old son decided that he wanted to play as well. As there is not a second save slot on my daughter's game, he had to buy his own. He picked it up quickly. Both kids are enjoying this game and are looking forward to trying the StreetPass capability to meet other people playing this game and exchange gifts with them. If I read the instructions correctly, it looks like more puppies will become available when you meet other people on StreetPass who have these games (maybe ones who have the lab and poodle games?). The box says for ages 7 and up. I think that's pretty accurate. There is a bit of reading involved with the directions in the game.

Good game for girls AND boys. If your child likes a specific type of dog (my son wanted a basset hound), you can turn the game case over and the breeds available are listed on the back. This French Bulldog & Friends game comes with......chihuahuas, yorkshire terriers, siberian huskies, cavalier king charles spaniels, french bulldogs, german shepherds, dalmations, basset hounds and shetland sheepdogs.
on December 13, 2012
I bought this game for my sister so that she and I would both have a version of it and she loves it! She's got her own little virtual puppy now and while this came after it said it would because of Black Friday, the product itself is a lot of fun. It's nice to have some kind of pet and they're just so cute! You get to train them and take them on walks and I think anyone would really enjoy it!
I've owned the previous versions of Nintendogs and enjoyed it just the same but the 3DS bumps up the enjoyment with better graphics and more adorable faces. I love Dogs and Cats especially so I had a hard time deciding which to pick. If you're a Dog and Cat lover you will truly enjoy this Nintendogs series.
on August 17, 2011
This game is a lot of fun! The dogs and cats are really cute and funny to watch. Training them is a lot of fun. I would recommend this game to anyone.
on February 11, 2013
They love these games. I even have to admit that the graphics are beautiful.
I got these games for $10 from the gold box lightening deals during December. What a deal!!!!!!!!!!
I was just told that these games where my nieces favorite and most used 2012 Christmas presents.
on December 29, 2012
My 9yr old daughter loves this game, she likes to take care of her dog and win contests...it was a little frustrating for her to teach "sit down" but she got the hang of it, the game keeps her entertained for a long time, the only con i see its the 3 tricks a day