Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 37% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends
|Price:||$28.99 & FREE Shipping on orders over $35. Details|
|You Save:||$11.00 (28%)|
Order it now.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- More than 27 breeds to choose from, including puppies and kittens
- Each puppy and kitten has unique coloring and personality possibilities
- Breed choice depends on game version. These include French Bulldog, Toy Poodle and Golden Retriever
- Utilize Nintendo 3DS StreetPass and SpotPass functionality to share your experience with friends and other players
- With Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature, you can watch your puppy play on your dining room table or sit in the palm of your hand
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends is a single player, handheld, Pet Simulation game for Nintendo 3DS.* The latest game to date in the wildly popular Nintendogs franchise Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends is one of three versions of Nintendogs + Cats released simultaneously along with the 3DS gameplay system. Features include: care, feeding and training functionality pioneered by the Nintendogs franchise; touchscreen and microphone interaction with pets; 3DS camera-based technology; and augmented reality features utilizing handheld game cards.
The Pups are Back and Have Brought Friends
Nintendogs' puppies are back in the palm of your hand in Nintendogs + Cats: Toy Poodle and New Friends for the Nintendo 3DS system. This new, special game features even cuter and more expressive puppies and, for the first time, kittens. The fun from the original nintendogs game returns, with multiple breeds to choose from, accessories for your puppies and kittens to wear, and the ability to let your puppies and kittens train and compete in different challenges and activities. In addition, Nintendo 3DS functionality expands gameplay in a variety of ways, for example: the built-in player facing camera allows pets to recognize you and react accordingly; StreetPass and SpotPass functionality allows you to share your experience with friends and other players wirelessly; and special augmented reality features utilize playing cards to bring your pets into the real world.
Nintendo 3DS is a groundbreaking hardware release that brings 3D gaming to the handheld market for the first time. The fourth major release in the DS product line, the Nintendo 3DS utilizes 3D Slider functionality and an improved top LCD display to present a glasses-free 3D effect in compatible games, while giving players the option to moderate the effect as they see fit. Taken together with additional features including full analog control in 3D game environments, motion and gyro sensors that transfer the movements of the handheld into the game, 3D camera functionality, an adjustable stylus and full backwards compatibility to all Nintendo DS games and you have not only a must-have system, but a revolution in handheld gaming.
Key Game Features
- More Than 27 Breeds to Choose From
- Each puppy and kitten has unique coloring and personality possibilities.
- Breed choice depends on game version. These include French Bulldog, Toy Poodle and Golden Retriever.
- Puppies and Kittens Come to Life
- Puppies and kittens look fluffier, softer and more expressive than ever in 3D.
- Adorably lifelike puppies and kittens react to your touch and your voice using the built-in camera, touch screen and microphone. The facial-recognition technologies on the Nintendo 3DS even let puppies recognize their owners.
- You can take pictures of your puppies and kittens by simply tapping the camera icon on the screen, which you can save to your album and share with your friends.
- Share Your Experience with Friends and Other Players
- Exchange your Mii characters, puppies and kittens, and presents with other nearby players over a wireless connection (StreetPass).
- Seamlessly hop online and download new game content such as new Mii characters and items such as pet accessories (SpotPass).
- Play with Your Puppies and Kittens in Your World
- With the Nintendo 3DS augmented-reality feature, you can watch your puppy play on your dining room table or sit in the palm of your hand.
- You will be able to walk with your puppy and have your steps counted by the built-in pedometer on the Nintendo 3DS system when you have the game inserted and in sleep mode.
- The Journal feature will keep track of your daily activities in the game. You can view other players you've encountered with StreetPass, view your pedometer data, etc.
More than 27 breeds.
Enjoy cats for the first time.
All-new events & functionality.
Classic pet sim gameplay.
* Nintendo 3DS sold separately.
Top Customer Reviews
First, I would like to clarify that this is NOT an cat game and it's mainly dogs. The cats are "unlockable" after you've showed to the game that you are responsible enough to take care of you dog(s). The cats are a lot harder to "get close to" but they requires much less cares and attentions. It dosen't matter which version you get, you're going to get the same cats.
Why did I made a review for all three versions? Well, because THERE'S NO DIFFERENCE!!! REALLY!!! All dogs and cats are unlockable in each games. The only "difference" is the items that are avalible in the games (meaning different colors). However, you can get the items via "street passing" with other players. ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW IS WHICH DOG YOU'RE GETTING FIRST.
The toys in this game really shows off the 3d effect here (EX: freesbie, boomerang, helicopters). The dogs in 3d are ADORABLE! This game may seems easy, but a deep strategy game is hidden under the paws (not literatly). For example, you might be surprised how much better your dog can do with proper training and a good night sleep. I would like to point out that where you're petting your dog really matters (DO NOT MESS WITH THEIR TAILS!!!), they bites. 0_0
This game make people smiles, and just when you think you're done with the game... A NEW ITEM POPS UP! (hint: mario kart ;D and mario house)
GAMEPLAY AND CONTROL: 8 out of 10
GRAPHIC AND SOUND: 9.5 out of 10
REPLAY VALUE: 7 out of 10
OVERALL: 8 out of 10
The only complaint I have is that the dogs never go to the bottom screen the way they do in the DS version. When you're playing with the dog, there is a silhouette of him/her on the bottom screen, and you pet the silhouette as it shows a hand petting the dog on the top screen. I liked being able to "pet" the actual dog in the first game.
Overall, it's just a nice, little game. I haven't been able to adopt a cat yet, but I have played with the kittens in the kennel. I'm slightly disappointed at the variety, there are only three kinds of cats. But for me, that doesn't detract from the experience at all.
Also in this game, you can buy furniture for the house and the dogs and cats interact with the furniture, which is a nice touch.
The reason why I give it 4 stars instead of 5 is due to the fact that this is not a lengthy game. Spending half an hour a day feels like enough time with it. I understand it's a simple game, and that's what I like about it. I definitely recommend this game for kids; it's pure and kid-friendly. But I also recommend this for the adults like me who enjoy pet simulators. :)
The shops are all so awsome, except for the Secondhand which alsways rips you off. Not that that's a complaint, because the recycling option really makes up for it.
The walks are even cooler now, where you can actually see where your going. Another cool thing about the walks is you can actually see the people walking the dogs. I always wondered what the people look like.
The kittens are totally cute and add something new. I am not dissapointed in the least about them. Cats tend to be like that: do what they want, they do not fetch and just play with their toys, go out when they want, ect. I read tons of reviews complaining about the kittens, but in reality most tend to be like that.
Okay, that's my review: short, sweet, and simple; I hope you liked it.
- This is almost exactly the same game as the DS version. There are some changes here and there, but if you have played the DS version it is really the same. I spent a lot of time with the DS version and frankly it felt like a chore to go back and do it all over again. I was hoping for something a little different. The animal game genre has moved forward, but it feels like Nintendogs has not.
- The controls in the 3DS version are hampered by the DS hardware itself. Most of the pets are shown on the top 3D screen. However, all of the interactions occur on the lower 2D screen. For me, a big part of Nintendogs' charm was that you were petting or washing your dog directly. In this version you are interacting with a shadow while your pet is on the top. To me, this really takes you out of the experience. I usually give the game to my 4yr old daughter and she keeps trying to touch the 3D screen.
On the positive side, the 3D is quite good. However, the novelty wore off pretty quickly for me. This is not a bad game but it should not be a full priced game. Heck, I might have even included it with the system. If you have a 3DS and not a DS (I can't imagine who you are) I'd probably recommend getting the 3D version if you can find it used or on sale. But if you've already got Nintendogs, I would wait for the next version.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really like Nintendogs and cats toy poodle I bought this one from amazon also I got french bulldog from gamestop these games are fun and have cute puppy's and kitty's in them the... Read morePublished 7 days ago by Brian
Well, I got mine used from a Gamestop store, and it's literally new. I think someone gave it up because they stopped being into it! Buy this used! Read morePublished 21 days ago by Claire Dearing
Fun game! Each dog has several different colors to choose from, and several different styles within each color. a great improvement upon the last game. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer