5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth ride, April 26, 2011
This review is from: Nirve B-1 Men's Single Speed Cruiser Bike (26-Inch Wheels, Matte Black) (Sports)
The bike was easy to assemble and is a great ride. It feels much more stable and well constructed than my neighbors Schwinn in my opinion, and I have received compliments on how cool it looks. Very happy with the purchase!

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool Bike!, October 27, 2010
I'm a 33 year old male that was looking for a cool single speed bike to ride around the neighborhood a little during evenings and weekends. This is a cool bike with a nice vintage vibe. For the price I'd say it's a pretty decent bike. It's not as nice as my Electra but also not as expensive. It rides really well. Assembled really quick and easy with some basic tools. As long as you have a basic set of metric wrenches or socket set and some allen wrenches you should be fine. It came packaged very well. I love the way the bike rides. It's really quiet and smooth. I added some wood grain Nirve grips, ding dong bell on the seatpost, eyeball valve caps, and a hairpin seat to mine. It looks awesome! It's a cool bike as is but I plan to customize mine a little more before it's all over. Overall I'd say it's a great bike. It's a little better quality than something you'd find at Walmart but not leaps and bounds better. It comes with a pretty cheap front caliper brake. I chose to remove it though. Makes for a much cleaner looking bike in my opinion. If you're looking at this bike thinking it looks cool in the picture it looks just as cool in person. I love mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun to assemble and ride, July 9, 2010
We've only had the bike for a few weeks, but it's a great bike. It looks good. It rides silently. It's comfortable. It was fun to assemble too. It took an hour or so but the instructions were pretty clear although the diagram for assembling the front brake was useless. Just go look at another bike and you'll get more information.

The bike is heavy and the center of gravity is a bit forward, so popping it up over a curb is tough, and hopping it is probably not a good idea.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bike for the price!, June 22, 2012
I just uploaded some photos of this bike, as it's now my Ratrod project bike. VERY easy to assemble (it took me about 15 minutes).
I threw away the front brake, and took off the chain guard. I bought some Wald 867 low rise bars and flipped them (also available on Amazon), and right out of the box my imagination is running wild with this one. For 250 bucks you really can't go wrong. This is much better than anything else for the price. I will say one thing, the looks are very deceiving. It appears that it would be HEAVY, like a tank, but it's really, really light. Great all around bike!

5.0 out of 5 stars great bike, December 29, 2012
bought this as a Christmas gift for my husband and he loved it. really easy to put together. nice bike

5.0 out of 5 stars This bike is worth twice the price., December 17, 2012
Amazing bike.

Pros:
Fantastic original design, (the neighborhood kids all want to know where I bought it)
Smooth, quite ride
Easy rolling tires
Quality craftsmanship (all welds look clean and sturdy)
Comfortable seat
Strong, firm frame (im 6'6" 260lbs and it fits me nice)
Comes with a bottle of touch-up paint for those inevitable dings/scratches.

Cons:
The only thing I can think of is the front brake assembly appears cheap, but like another poster, I removed it for a cleaner look. I never use front brakes anyway.

I have owned bikes at twice the price that came no where close to the value you get with this bike.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great BTR Frame, October 17, 2012
I bought this bicycle with the intention of modifying it to a board track racer style cruiser. I ended up replacing the tires, handlebars, fork, seatpost, pedals and saddle to achieve this look. The B-1 paint job had what looked like water spots that could not be buffed out and the wheels had to be trued up which led me to deduct a star. In general, this is a well made cruiser type bicycle with decent components. Because of my extensive modification of the stock bicycle I can't comment on how it rides and handles.

5.0 out of 5 stars great price for Nerve bike, March 16, 2012
Great price for a Nerve beach cruiser... Not too hard to put together and all around good looking bike, our son loved it!! Its sure to be a hit this summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking and riding bike, October 23, 2011
I shopped around for a decent looking and priced beach cruiser in Jacksonville Beach, most if not all the shops here locally are upwards of $300+ and that's the "low end".

They sell these Nirve bikes here locally at a few stores and at Dick's Sporting goods as well as from the Nirve website too but Amazon has it the for the cheapest I've found, when I bought mine at the time, which was $250 shipped.

Nirve sells their bikes for about $320 and Dicks sells them for roughly the same price.

The bike obviously comes in parts that you assemble, all of which look and feel pretty sturdy, the flat black is nice, I've received a lot of good feedback for it and it rides nice. I'm debating taking the hand brake off due to looks and that it's a beach cruiser so there wouldn't be a situation where the pedal brakes wouldn't stop me in time, at least in my years of riding bikes that's been the case.

Great bike at a great price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Bike!, September 16, 2011
I bought this bike looking for something to cruise around in and have a good time. This bicycle does not disappoint. It looks amazing, the parts all looked of quality and the add-ons are endless.

If I was forced to have one complaint, it is that the instructions are a little vague on the front brake assembly. I had a terrible time trying to get them to be tight enough to actually stop the bike if necessary. It takes a bit of messing around and I would definitely recommend taking it to a bicycle shop to have them make sure you did everything alright.

Apart from that, this is the best bicycle I have ever owned!!