5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool bike, but a few things to note...
I bought this bike for my wife for her birthday and she loves it. It features high quality construction, a great paint job, and a very nice ride. A couple things to note however:

Published on July 6, 2009 by P. Caspar

3.0 out of 5 stars Just buy some sunflower stickers
Published on March 11, 2010 by C. McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars Very cool bike, but a few things to note..., July 6, 2009

First, the powder blue color that is featured in the photo and the description is not what I received. The bike that was delivered is navy blue (this is more a criticism of Amazon than the bike). Fortunately, my wife still loves it.

Second, the assembly process was not as straightforward as I was expecting. The bike comes with much of the bike assembled, but you do have to spend some time putting on the handlebars, the fenders, the seat, and the front-brake. The instructions were insufficient, leaving out important steps and causing me to have to undo steps and redo them as I figured out the proper way to put the bike together. That said, I was able to get through it, and it turned out to be a rewarding, though time-consuming, process.

A couple tips to help you avoid making the same mistakes I did: 1) be sure to fasten the rear reflector before tightening down the fender. 2) be sure to attach the front fender before rigging the front brake. These are probably obvious if you've worked much with bikes, but as I said, the instructions are vague.

All in all, and now that it's put together, I'm very satisfied. By the way, this was for the single-speed bike. I'm not sure how much additional assembly would be necessary for the three-speed version.

5.0 out of 5 stars Adorable and comfortable!, September 2, 2010
LOVE this bike. Got the blue 3 speed (yes it is a darker blue, but still gorgeous) and couldn't be happier. Assembly wasn't bad at all (most of the harder things were already pre-assembled, only the front fender, wheel, saddle, and handlebars had to be attached and the brakes needed to be hooked up, though I do suggest help to keep things stationary and stable during set up). Have spent over two years looking for a good beach cruiser short enough for me (I'm 4'11") with handlebars don't have me leaning to reach (I can be perfectly upright, lounging comfortably). Super cushy saddle makes it a dream to ride. With the sale price I got mine for (significantly lower than any retail store around me) I literally can't stop smiling over my new bike.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just buy some sunflower stickers, March 11, 2010
C. McGrath (Grand Rapids, MI USA) - See all my reviews
Echoing the reviews below, I ordered the powder blue and received a navy blue. Not a big deal, but annoying. The bike itself is OK (a little bulkier than I was expecting, but it's a bike, and it works). The bigger problem is the poor quality of the assembly instructions and manual. The assembly guide tries to cover a dozen different bikes, and is constantly referring to pieces your bike doesn't have, or telling you to perform unnecessary steps. It's chaotic and more than a bit frustrating. If you've put bikes together before, you'll figure out. If not, you'll be swearing before you're done.The manual is generic; aside from the cover it never mentions the manufacturer, and it never talks about specifics -- instead, it spends pages talking about the benefits of carbon fiber, which, as best I can tell, Nirve doesn't use. At all.

If this was a $100 bike from Walmart, I'd understand... but nothing about the package, from the documentation to the bike itself, seems worth the price. Save some money, buy a cheaper bike, and add some sunflower stickers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classy and Comfortable!, September 21, 2011
This review is from: Nirve Sunflower Women's Cruiser Bike (26-Inch Wheels) (Sports)
I wanted to share my experience with you because when I purchase an item, the reviews from the customers always help me make a decision.
I always had a cruiser style bike. My last two bikes were one speeds. I was finding it harder as I got older to ride on slightly windy days or on slight inclines. In my younger days I had a 3 speed with coaster brakes and decided it was time to do it again.
I went to 3 bike shops and looked at several bikes before I purchased this one. The choices were Schwinn, Electra, or Nirve. I rode all three. Hands down, the Nirve won. I chose a 3 speed with coaster brakes. I love the ride - you are in an upright position. You can change speeds as needed while riding. The style looks great. The quality of the bike is excellent - there are reflectors on the front and back of the bike. You also have a front hand brake and coaster brakes. The bike frame is made of high quality materials - no flemsy fenders.
I am very satisfied.

Added review - Here I am 2 years later. I'm still enjoying my bike. I love my bike! Recently after I purchased it I bought a drink holder for my longer rides...July 4, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife loves it!, October 27, 2010
My wife wanted a cruiser bike so I did some research online and visited a couple of stores. I came across this and knew she would love it. The paint on this bike is beautiful. Really pretty and the colors really "pop". I surprised her with it one day over the summer and had just finished assembling the bike as she came home from work and saw it in the garage. She LOVED it. Honestly the quality of this bike it really good for the price in my opinion. It's not quite as nice as my electra but also not as expensive. The 3 speed version also features an aluminum frame which is a HUGE plus. Very lightweight for what it is. Not a big deal to assemble as long as you have basic tools. I have to recommend this bike to any lady that wants a bike that stands out (in a good way). It's bright and colorful and very "girly". As a previous reviewer said it really is a gorgeous bike. The only minor complaint I had was the little bottle of touch up paint that comes with the bike was dried up. I sent an email to Nirve requesting a replacement but never got a reply. Not a big deal but kind of left a sour taste in my mouth for their customer service. Still a great bike though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nirve Sunflower 3 - My wife is very happy!, October 14, 2011
Ralph Wallio (Indianola, Iowa) - See all my reviews
My wife and I are approaching our 70's, have moved off our acreage and home of 34-years, need to replace chore exercise with more play exercise, and decided his-and-hers bikes would be part of the answer. Searching for cruiser bikes in local stores yielded nothing of interest but an online search discovered NIRVE bikes and availability via AMAZON.

In addition to cruiser geometry we wanted coaster brakes and a modest low-maintenance 3-speed design. Based on photos in the NIRVE and AMAZON web pages my wife selected their Sunflower 3. She is very happy with her new bike (as I am with my NIRVE Forty-Nine).

Ordering from and delivery by AMAZON went smoothly as usual. Assembly and adjustments supported by ample documentation took a few hours with no significant difficulties. We only have ~15-miles of experience on our new bikes but there have been no problems and no surprises.

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Bike!, March 23, 2013
After considerable research, we purchased this bike for my wife, and have been extremely pleased with it. It arrived in perfect condition and assembly was easy (we did choose the single-speed model to minimize potential failure points). I must say that in this day of diminishing manufacturing quality, Nirve still manages to put out a robust, high-quality product.

Now for the aesthetics . . . This is a darn cool bike with a unique frame, stylish colors and graphics. The "Sunflower" theme is carried throughout, right down to the pressed sunflower design on the faux-leather seat and hand grips.

Finally, with free shipping and no tax (at the time of my purchase), you cannot go wrong. This is a super deal and an awesome bike!

5.0 out of 5 stars sun and fun, October 14, 2012
I love this bike. First saw it in Key West and decided to buy it for my 55th birthday. I had it assembled. I purchased the 3 speed. It is good quality and fun. All I need now is a wicker basket and I will be set!

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife absolutely love it, January 28, 2013
She loves the comfort of the seat and the cool styling. Everyone compliments her on this bike. A great christmas present

2.0 out of 5 stars recieved the wrong bike TWICE!, August 12, 2011
I recieved the darker color when I bought the powder blue. when i got the bike it looked like a great bike and comfortable. but when i noticed it was the wrong bike i sent it back. they were supposed to send me the right bike this time but it was the darker color AGAIN. so i now have to send back this same bike again. i couldn't believe they sent me the wrong bike two times in a row.