Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on February 8, 2012
This is a must have item especially for bachelors always on the go. This has instantly raised the quality of my dinners because of convenience alone. As a bachelor , I live life on the go, I have places to be, people to meet, laundry to not do, video games to play. Often times, I forget to eat, or trying to squeeze in dinner between work and meeting my friends after the gym. I don't need anything too fancy, but the fact that I can have rice on the go, and throw away the bowl after; its a life saver in so many ways. Oh and I forgot to mention, this rice tastes AMAZING. I've done blind tests with friends, and they have no idea that microwavable rice could be so "fresh" and delicious. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed!!
on July 18, 2012
Perfect rice fit for sushi, curry, or simply a compliment to any meal. It doesn't have an odd aftertaste like most microwave rice, and though you may be tempted by the more expensive sorts, this is the only one I have seen that comes out as well as if you cooked it yourself. Don't waste your time with microwave multigrain from the fancy foods section. Walk right down to ethnic foods and pick up several, should you ever need to cook in haste. It's less economic than cooking it yourself, and at an asian food store I've seen it for a buck, while 3 dollars at the supermarket. Amazon in bulk is a good alternative if you have no idea where to drive off to in order to get such a deal. Delicious whether you're into Japanese cooking or just want rice fast.
on August 6, 2012
3 ingredients. Water rice, and gluton to make it sticky. I've grown up eating 25 minute rice, and this is almost just as good. I live at over 9500 feet in elevation and water doesn't boil hot enough (especially in the summer when the alt density gets up over 11K) to cook rice well. This helps me get my fav form of starch and fiber, without a hassle. Good product for the price, in my opinion. Hope this helps.
on February 8, 2012
Being a lover of fresh food, I prefer cooking a fresh batch of rice for any meal. But, sometimes I feel lazy or I'm just so f'ing hungry I can't wait 30-40 minutes for the rice cooker. I was skeptical about buying microwaveable rice but Nishiki is a good brand so I gave it shot. Glad I did. It's quick, has just the right portion, and it's actually pretty good. I make sure to always have a pack of these in my pantry.
on February 8, 2012
I cook Nishiki rice at home and this instant one tastes practically the same. They really pack it in there so I usually can't finish the whole bowl. Buy a pack of instant curry and pour it on top and you have a nice dinner ready in 6 minutes. I keep a few in my pantry and it really helps when I don't feel like waiting over 30 minutes for my rice to cook.
on May 23, 2013
Convenient and tastes like home prepared rice. Very convenient when my spouse is gone and I do not want to make a pot of rice. The size is also suitable for either a large single serving or a couple of smaller servings.
on April 8, 2016
On the plus side: delicious and ultra-convenient. You can even dial up your desired level of stickiness by pulling back the venting flap a little or a lot. (See other reviews for instructions.) On the downside: rather expensive per serving. I keep a few packets of this around for when I have a compelling need to eat delicious rice in 90 seconds. Otherwise, I'll invest the 5 to 10 minutes it takes to eat good instant rice that requires just a little bit of effort.
VINE VOICEon January 13, 2016
I love sticky rice. I lived in Japan for three years and this is exactly what I used to get from my local Japanese grocery store, though they had many brands available. I have tried cooking sticky rice on the stove and I am simply not able to do it. So for me microwave sticky rice is an excellent alternative. It's probably not as good as home made (by someone who has been making it for decades), but Nishiki microwave rice is an excellent brand that you can trust.
on July 12, 2012
Very convenient. Just microwave and you have perfectly cooked white rice. Great for those times when you don't need to make a full batch of rice. Tastes just like it came out of the rice cooker.
on July 7, 2014
I love this stuff - tasty, delicious and convenient. Of course it is much more expensive than making up your own rice in a steamer but that issue aside, this is one high quality and convenient product. Great for packing in a lunch pouch before heading off to work. I leave one in the car along with a can of chilli in case I ever forget my lunch on the counter top when rushing off to work. it has happened and this product - along with the chilli - certainly comes in handy on such occasions.