5.0 out of 5 stars Dont pass this watch up
I am writing this review because I spent hours and hours researching watches, and ended up buying this one despite a lack of reviews on any of the retail sites that offer this watch for sale. I finally found a thread or two in some european forum that praised this watch and convinced me to buy it.

Bear with me, I have to run through my process that led me to...
Published on June 15, 2010 by D. Kuhn

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost £220 and repaired 6 times in 2.5 years
Problems in 2.5 years of ownership

3 straps fitted keep breaking and latest ones last less than original that isn't sold anymore
Second hand fell off
2 complete internals replaced last one lasted 6 months
4 years battery lasted less than 2 ( annoying but it happens ) but not only problem

Went in today and asked after latest internals...
Published 17 months ago by nicola mckenna

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont pass this watch up, June 15, 2010
This review is from: Nite® MX10 - 201 Black Case Watch Black Polymer Strap / Black Dial (Jewelry)

Bear with me, I have to run through my process that led me to this watch.

I started out looking at MTM watches, Rogue Warrior watches, Luminox, Tracers, and similar watches. I am not a fan of Casio G-shock looks. I was looking for a good looking, tough, accurate, comfortable, military style tool watch that I could read all night without the push of a button, since i wake up a few times and cannot read an alarm clock due to my eyesight. Rogue warrior claims that their watch illumination lasts all night, which i found hard to believe. There was no proof to back it up. It is a painted on lume, and lume tests on other acclaimed lume painted watches showed that they were almost invisible in the dark after only about one to two hours or less. This led me to seek a better illumination option, ie Tritium, which glows on its own with no charge for up to 25 years. Luminox has tritium, as does MTM and Traser. I heard many horror stories about luminox from amazon reviews, about poor quality and even poorer customer service. MTM offers a watch with Tritium, but many factors turned me against this company. The price of MTM is so high for what you get. I couldnt justify paying 500+ dollars for cheap movement. I almost bought a traser, but the price was pretty high for a plastic feeling watch. I wanted something solid feeling like a rogue warrior or an MTM, but with tritium and for a reasonable price. I am glad i did a little bit more research and found The Nite MX-10 watch.

The first thing I noticed when i opened the box was the fit and finish. I dont think I've ever bought a product and been TOTALLY satisfied with the fit and finish. All the tritium tubes are placed precisely, and every edge is crisp just the way you would want it to be. The rubber strap has a semicircle shape at the upper edge that fits right into the metal of the watch body, and makes it almost perfectly seamless. They did a great job with the design of this watch.

Then I did what everybody does when they get a watch with cool illumination... turned out the lights. Dont expect to be blown away with the brightness. **see update for amendment** Its not gonna light up a newspaper like a Seiko Monster would with its incredibly bright lume, but it will last ALL NIGHT. I dont know how many years this stuff will glow, but until it quits, you will never be unable to read this thing when you wake up at 3 am like you would with a standard lume watch. Like I said, the brightness wont blow you away, but it is still very cool looking and very useful.

So far this watch has been very durable. I have only had it for a week, but its been a rough week. I banged it off an intake manifold, a cast aluminum motorcycle wheel, many walls and other obstacles, and this thing looks like it just came out of the box. I want to abuse it with normal everyday wear and tear stuff just so i can come back here and let everyone know if its a stud or a dud.

One more thing that sold me on this one was the fact that they actually have a NATO stock number. This is at least some sort of proof that it was designed with military purpose and durability in mind. MTM, RW, and Luminox are very adamant about their military ties, but dont seem to have any evidence to back it up. I know that most US troops would rather use a g-shock instead. But at least this one seems to actually have some military ties overseas.

I may not be an expert or concise writer, but I really wanted people to have something to base their purchase off of that wasnt just the company blowing smoke up you know where. If you want a tough, stylish, simple, but very cool watch that is accurate and you can read it all night, this is the one to buy. I will update this at a later date with a long term use opinion, but so far, I am very satisfied.

**UPDATE 6/23/11**

Just over one year later, I decided it was time to update you all on this watch, and amend a few of the earlier statements that were made. First things first, this watch looks almost brand new still; some small scratches around the top, but not one on the glass. I wear this watch all day and all night most of the time. Out of all my watches, this one finds it's way to my wrist 97% of the time. It looks great with motorcycle gear. The band has held up extremely well, and that is good because one drawback I discovered is that it would be hard to fit any aftermarket bands due to the proprietary fitment method. But at least the stock band looks rugged enough that this shouldn't be a bother.
The dings and scratches make this thing look even more bad ass and sleek, so don't worry about using this one as a beater, that's what it does best.
A very important amendment to the original review is about the brightness. You actually may be blown away at the brightness once your eyes adjust, I light up walls walking past in the dark. The vials make the entire face legible after your eyes adjust, and they glow just as brightly as they did last year. You could actually read a book with this illumination if you wanted to, but I wouldn't recommend it! This is my favorite "read anytime" watch. It's clarity is unsurpassed in any light. I once got the comment from a luminox owner that the watch was very clear and easy to read. The numbers are sharp and easy to read, and the glass almost disappears from sight at many angles.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: this thing keeps AMAZING time! I had to adjust it once in the last year a few seconds back or forward, i forget. Nothing more to say about that.

If you want a tough as nails watch that can be read at any time with ease, keeps great time, and looks slick and rugged to boot, I recommend this one whole-heartedly. ENJOY!

T

5.0 out of 5 stars The best military-style tritium watch on the market, July 6, 2010
Ryan (BEAVERTON, OR, United States) - See all my reviews
I tracked down this watch last year while I was in Afghanistan, after losing a Swiss Army Brand Cavalry watch I'd had for the previous several years. I was looking for a tritium-illuminated watch with simple, readable style, a date display, and a sapphire crystal. I did a lot of research, and the UK issue Nite watches seemed like the best watches out there.

Unfortunately at the time I couldn't find it through Amazon, and ended up buying through a UK site, suffering complex shipping (since it's a device containing radioactive tritium gas, shipping international is complex), with the watch going from the UK to NY to Oregon to NY to Germany to Afghanistan. I actually mis-addressed the package too on the last leg, but luckily the mailroom was able to find my correct address and get it to me a couple days later.

This is basically the perfect watch for casual, field, or other routine use. I probably wouldn't use it as a dive watch (although for that, dive computers have largely taken the place of dive watches), and in a more-formal-than-suit setting, I might prefer a more formal watch with a metal band, but for everything else, this watch is perfect. The band is surprisingly comfortable for rubber, with a secure fit. I've worn this watch in Afghanistan, Kuwait, and Iraq for 2 years now, and it's still going strong.

The front glass crystal is made of synthetic sapphire (like most expensive watches, but kind of rare at this price point), so it's difficult to scratch. The casing itself is stainless steel with a black coating, and so far, has been incredibly durable -- no visible scratches.

The polymer strap is curved to the shape of the wrist, so it won't lie flat, but when you're wearing it, it's very comfortable.

All in all, this is the best watch I've ever worn.

5.0 out of 5 stars A+, June 25, 2010
I chuckled through the whole first review due to the similarity in research done and subsequent experience with this precision instrument. In regards to the only other, and first review, I agree with everything said 100%. It is indeed rare, unfortunately, to receive a well researched item that falls short of your expectations. I had high hopes about the quality and construction and was blown away at the precision with which this watch is manufactured. The illumination is completely adequate and during a recent camping trip I realized that once you are in the boonies for awhile and your eyes are adjusted to very low light it is a lot brighter than just looking at it in a closet for a few seconds (yes I did that when I first got it). I think if the illumination were any brighter it would be annoying in actual darkness.

I have had more expensive watches although not this style, but regardless of style it is extrememly comfortable, often to the point where I literally forget I'm wearing the darn thing. I like the physical dimensions i.e. some military style watches are over the top in how big they are. This is a more standard size that doesn't look like you're shooting for any bling factor in your military watch. The single word that keeps coming to mind is "functional." You get a clear display of standard and military time along with the date. If you need more bells and whistles they make those too, but for me I looked for months to find this basic and functional design and I am glad I held out for the one I thought would be ideal, that ultimately has been.

Last thought is that while I have not been in any depth of water, I have not bothered taking it off once in the pool, which is too many times to count now, and no issues with water intrusion. Heck the manual suggests that if you are in salt water, mud, or severe dust to clean it with a tooth brush and soapy water; I think that says soemthing about their confidence in the watches resiliency.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cost £220 and repaired 6 times in 2.5 years, August 30, 2013
Problems in 2.5 years of ownership

Second hand fell off
2 complete internals replaced last one lasted 6 months

Went in today and asked after latest internals replaced could they give any assurance the watch would last more than the 6 months from the late one replaced

Was told by I assume owner as he did not introduce himself but was keen enough to tell me I wasn't listening to the lady who organised the warranty work, that the watch was fine because I was now working, when I asked what was different this time compared to all the other times the watch had been in for mending he suggested if I could do a better job of running the company maybe I should have a go the started waving the watch in my face offering 100 pounds to leave it and never return. When I stated I liked the watch but was bored of the constant breakage that I would not get from a 10 pound watch the threw me out of the office and told me not to return,

Great customer service from who ever he was

It doesn't matter how much you polish a turd it's still a turd and after he told me the watch wasn't 160 but had gone upto 220 pounds that makes it a very expensive turd, buy a nautical/ Nixon and have a watch that lasts with good customer service

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, May 1, 2013
Have now owned my MX10 for 11 month it started loosing time after 6 months sent away for repair .The watch was away for 2 months over Christmas recieved back at end of January. By April it was loosing time at a rate of 5 mins a day it's now on its way back for repair so disappointed as I really like this watch .update it's now August watch is keeping good time wait for it The STRAP'S broken I've had it , off it goes to the back of a draw.What a waste of "TIME"

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy this watch ., June 24, 2013
Hello,

I bought this watch because it is very nice and "looks" strong watch.

The strap is of very low quality and breaks in months .

The watch just loosing time , stops for 15 minutes and continues as normal.

The "high quality" Swiss movement - ronda , costs only 10-15 pounds .

It is a very cheap watch with the mask of NATO military watch.

-----------------

New comment 24.10.2014

I've replaced the battery and the movement.
The watch *again* lost time , missed 15 minutes.

-----------------------
DO NOT TOUCH THIS WATCH !!!
-----------------------

Never happened before with other watches.

2.0 out of 5 stars Beware Of Warranty Work, If Needed., August 20, 2012
I bought my Nite watch in July of 2011 and registered it with the manufacturer who is located in Christchurch, England. It carries a two-year warranty. After 7 months, the strap was unusable due to tearing at buckle end. After 11 months I noticed that, when I was outside, condensation would form on the inside of the crystal. It would disappear and then reappear again when I went back outside. I emailed the manufacturer and was informed that I would have to send the watch to them (in England) to be inspected. They would replace the (not on warranty) band for around $25.00 (USD). The shipping, one way, would be approximately $25. to $30. Turn around time could be one month, give or take. Bottom line is that I replaced the band myself with a nice silicone band for $10.00 and will live with it the way it is. Disappointing performance for an expensive watch which was never abused, not worn all that often, and was almost never exposed to water.

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust and Reliable, April 17, 2014
I have my MX10 for almost two years now. Most users complain that the wrist band breaks. Duh! It is plastic folks, so what do you expect? Get a steel wristband and stop whining.

My MX10 never failed, even in the worst conditions in Swedish Lapland at -40°C during dog sledding. It is "unfancy" and easy to read. The glass, the housing and wristband (steel) do not have the tiniest scratch. This is a little disappointing, because I like a slightly "used" look on watches. Each scratch tells a story. It gains less than 5 seconds in a month, which is as exact as I need it and the 15-20 second differences are compensated for by changing to summer/winter time. It is 10bar water proof, more than many other "military" watches.
The tritium lightning is very strong and can, if you are nigth vison adapted, produce a shaddow.

1.0 out of 5 stars How does NATO find the MX10?, August 23, 2012
I have had the MX10 watch getting on for 2/3 years now and once again the strap has snapped just as if it had been sliced through.I think this is my third replacement strap. Having paid £160 for the watch surely the least I can expect is to have a decent strap.In their advertising Nato is mentioned-I hope they are not having the same trouble as me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, January 13, 2014
Won this watch at a military fundraiser almost 4 years ago. One of the older versions a TX-10. After regular use in 4 years, the watch still looks great and keeps perfect time. Use it alot for travelling and outdoor activities, the illumination can't be beat.