Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Nite Ize MSL-03-10 SpotLit LED Light, Red
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Size: One Size|Color: Red|Change
Price:$6.39+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on December 27, 2009
The light works great once you figure out how to get it out of "demo" mode. To get it out of "demo" mode (which allows the light to stay on all of the time rather than automatically turning off after 10 seconds), just press the light together and hold for 3-5 seconds and you are good to go.
on October 21, 2013
So far this product is performing as intended. I live on a wooded country lot, and it was always nerve racking letting my black Great Dane out, he would literately disappear into the night. Bought one for him, and his shepherd brother. As of now, they seem to be a good product. I only gave it a 3 star rating due to the added expense of buying four new batteries. When the package arrived, one of them was DOA, the other one was dimly flashing in the package. Maybe better packaging would help. The added cost of the batteries doubled the price of this item.
on June 18, 2010
When I first got this light I loved it so much I got two for my parents, one for the neighbor, one for my sister, and three to send out to dog owning friends. I should have waited.

The light itself is much more attractive than anything else I've seen - clear, simple and not overly bulky. It helped me not to trip over my dark brindle pitbull at night.

That said, the battery wears out very quickly (varied greatly from 1-3 weeks with nightly use for us) and are extremely difficult to replace. You have to pry the plastic casing off the back at great risk to life and fingernail, then use a knife to pry out the rather delicate looking metal casing that houses the battery, button and light. You then poke and pry out the two three volt batteries and replace them. I have done this once and am not likely do to it again (1) because it's a pain, (2) because I don't think the flimsy button-battery-light piece will survive more than a few battery replacement sessions anyway and (3) BECAUSE 3V BATTERIES COST $3 EACH, OR $6 EACH TIME YOU NEED TO REPLACE THE BATTERIES IN THIS $6 DEVICE.

The back of the package makes battery replacement look very easy. It is anything but. And although the batteries are technically replaceable as the package claims, don't count on saving money that way because you will be paying the cost of the light again every time you replace the batteries.
1111 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 20, 2009
I love this light. It is very light weight and very bright. I accidently ran it through the clothes washing machine and it still works fine.
on September 11, 2015
Of all these lights I've bought (around 30 over the years) I've only had one that failed to work right out of the box. These go on my dog at night when she's outside off leash, not only in my backyard which abuts a big easement that's a coyote highway, dog parks, and especially when I swim her at night. Why more people don't put them on their dog at night puzzles me. There are parks in San Diego that during winter months when the sun sets earlier and people can't take their pets to the parks till dark when they get home from work, that have had coyotes abduct and kill their little "poopsies". Because there's very little to no light at some of these parks the owners can't keep track of their dogs in the dark without some kind of lighting device, which amazingly most don't have the presence of mind to bring with them....like gee, it's dark outside, should I bring a good flashlight - DUH!! I swear 70% of dog owners I've observed in parks are morons. I even put a spiked Turkish Wolf Collar with 3 of these blinking lights on my dog when I let her out at night, not only in my back yard and easement, but also in the parks that have coyote sightings. I also carry other "protective" tools and I never let my dog out of my sight. My dog is the love of my life and these lights help greatly. I recommend them to "responsible" dog owners. In order to help keep water from leaking into the light, disassemble it and apply silicone grease around the connecting surfaces or the light's circuit board and battery will rust in a matter of "minutes", especially if it's salt water. The circuit board is a bit fragile but normally works well. One other thing, use the blinking option on the light, it will make the battery last longer.
on May 27, 2011
I have used these (I have one on each biking jacket, and one on my fanny pack for jacket free days) for going on three years now. I recently gave two to my brother, and am back to replace them. I REALLY like these lights!!!

I wonder what is going on with the folks who are complaining about battery life, I suspect they are using the 2032 instead of 2016 batteries. Again, I use these every day. Often for upwards of 30 minutes at a shot. I don't think I've once had to replace batteries more frequently than every third month or so.

For those talking about battery expense, I highly recommend buying the ten pack online. I bought one of these more than a year ago, for approximately six bucks including shipping. This was roughly equivalent to one battery at target and similar local options at that time. Again, in over a year, I have used only six of those batteries out of ten keeping three lights fired up.
on November 21, 2015
I will not go out at night with out the spotlit on my dogs. I have every color. I get asked all the time where did I get them. They are wonderful! My dogs like them because they can see where they are going its so cute. Love them because they keep my dogs "safe"! The Blue and Red are the best colors.
on December 30, 2014
Outstanding light for hanging on the dog's collar for his evening walks. Cars can easily see him (and therefore me) from 100 yards. Batteries last for about 20 hour. I researched which color is best for night visibility, and my research indicated green is best. Replacement batteries are inexpensive.
on February 5, 2015
The product works perfectly, it is really waterproof, my dog plays in the river and the light is still working fine. The only issue, is that sometimes, it is difficult to push it to change the mode (stand still or blinking). I will buy it again
on March 2, 2014
I keep these clipped on my dogs' collars for dim or dark walks and runs. When leashed it helps people see us coming. When off leash it helps me keep track of where they are. In general, they are very useful and people think my dogs look just adorable with their lights on and it gets them more ear scratches while out on walks then they would otherwise receive. The batteries last about 6-8 wks with our level of use but are a cinch to replace.