5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, rugged, dependable.
Published on March 21, 2010 by G. E. Vargas

2.0 out of 5 stars if you are tough on gear this pen is not for you
This pen is nice, works like a space pen, but setting it up full length is slow, and the way it is put together is downright stupid. Slipfit? You've got to be kidding. I lost mine the first day I had it. I looked down and there was a dangling cap. Pen long gone.
Published on May 23, 2008 by Jason T. Brooks

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, rugged, dependable., March 21, 2010
This review is from: Nite-ize Inka Pen/PDA Stylus, Carbon Fiber & Stainless Body, Blue Ink (Electronics)
This is a great little keychain pen. I've had it for over two years now and I haven't had any problems with it at all, despite tossing it around in my backpack, pockets, etc. At one point, I dropped the writing end in the snow and couldn't find it again, I went looking around a big snow bank near the area where I lost it and there it was, just waiting to be found. It stood up to the snow plough, and to three months under a frozen pile of snow. It writes just fine and has worked perfectly despite all that.

2.0 out of 5 stars if you are tough on gear this pen is not for you, May 23, 2008

5.0 out of 5 stars Inka is the coolest pen - a fantastic personal accessory and convenience., November 16, 2007
The Inka lives on your keychain as a tiny little tube. In a flash you can pull out the tiny little pen that lives inside. It's a great pen - pressurized like a Fischer space pen - and never leaks. If you have a second you can unscrew the tube case from the keychain, unscrew the bottom from the tiny pen, and then screw the case onto the pen to make a lovely and functional full sized pen.

Why bother? For me, I always had a ton of cheap ballpoint pens in my pack and sometimes they'd leak and whenever I didn't have my bag I didn't have a pen. The Inka means I ALWAYS have a good pen on me. I'll stop accumulating disposable pens (which will help the environment in a tiny way) and stop getting messy ink in my pack.

This thing is the bees knees and the only way to improve on it is to spend a bit more money for the titanium version. The functional and aesthetic difference between stainless and titanium is trivial, however. Don't think twice.

My only quibble is that the PDA stylus part lives in the back of the pen - so you can't construct a full sized PDA stylus pen (the metal tube needs to screw in where the PDA stylus part lives. This means that when you use Inka as a PDA stylus you must use it in "tiny pen" mode which makes it ergonomically not much better than the normal PDA stylus. Also, you have the end cap of Inka in your hand because it normally stows over the PDA stylus tip. So - final conclusion - Inka is the perfect solution to the personal pen issue for folks with a keychain who don't wear a jacket all the time. But it's not the perfect PDA stylus solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surpasses expectations, May 1, 2008
I've owned more pens than I care to imagine, some amazing and some not so amazing throw away pens. The reason being is that they all disappear. Before every semester I got into the habit of buying cases of pens, between 10-30 at a time, and having only one or two by the end of it (thats a 4 month span). It also bothered me that half the time those pens didn't work, either from being too cold outside, or just drying up, I rarely could ever get the pens to work right away (or so it seemed).

My favorite pen for the longest time was the Space Pen, always worked, no matter what. But there was a slight problem... they were easily lost, granted they would last a long time. A small hole in my pocket and there it went, or simply misplacing it in my house and not being able to find it for months (or once years). Inka solves that amazingly with their pen that attaches to your keys, ensuring that you always have a good pen. I've only owned it for a few days and yet I can't seem to find any problems with it, except for one small thing...

To list the advantages to it:
1) Key ring, I notoriously lose pens, but I doubt I'll ever lose this, unless I lose my keys.

2)Threading for the screw on parts is pretty much idiot proof, I think I messed up once but thats because I wasn't paying attention to the cap on the keyring.

3) NO SPRINGS, I hate springs in pens, just another thing that can go wrong. If I ever dropped my Space Pen in water (before I lost it) I always was frightened it would rust and ruin the pen, and its also one less thing to lose.

4) The cartridge fits tightly, making it harder for water to seep in.

5) Solid design, elegant, and doesn't look like a pen hanging from my belt unlike some other keyring pens.

6) Carbon fiber, and actual steel. Two materials that are incredibly strong and light. It annoyed me when my precious space pen got a dent in it from a simple drop on the floor. I know this pen will look this good in even 10 years from now.

7) PDA stylus is actually better than the one that came with my Pocket PC (now if they could do something about the pen part being uncovered, although I have yet to get ink on me)

To be fair let me list the one or two minor disadvantages to it...

1) Small end cap that could be lost. But thats not a big deal, you can always order more.

Well these next few aren't really disadvantages just more like little annoyances...

1) Availability of ink is not as widely spread as the Fisher refills... But I can always order them... Not a really big deal...

2) It takes some getting used to getting the full pen set up, and it takes two hands. I was able to open my space pen with one hand...

Overall the advantages severely outweigh the disadvantages and annoyances. And just from handling it I can tell I'll last me a long time. And the fact that spare parts are widely available makes it a great pen to have. It doesn't write as well as some higher costing pens but those don't write anywhere and everywhere like this one does. It isn't really an office pen, but it can be, I find it comfortable enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Handy Pen Ever - 4 years and still counting, February 26, 2010
This is the most durable and useful pen we have owned. Both My husband and I have had these on our key-chains for 4 years and use it frequently. Be sure to read the directions for putting it into full-size pen form (challenging later if you don't read the instructions when you get the pen). In its non-extended form it can still be used for quick notes or signatures.

The only challenge I had was finding the refills after 3 1/2 years on the first one...now I know I can get them on Amazon.com.

The best part about the pen is that we never lose it! Key chain pens, especially good ones, are not easy to find. My husband has lost 2 space pens previously. I just ordered two more Inka pens in Titanium at a great price from Amazon.com.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Very Convenient, June 3, 2012
Jep Leas (Beautiful Southern Oregon Coast) - See all my reviews
Assembly and dis-assembly required very time you take take out the pen or put it away. This is a pain. This is not clear in the advertising.[...]

The Fisher Space Pen - Bullet model is not much larger but easier to use. You cap and uncap a Bullet just like a regular pen.
My Bullet pen stays tucked inside my 3x5 memo book so it does not get lost.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pen, January 14, 2012
This is a great pen. It is very cool and sleek. The only downside to this pen is the availability of the ink as it can be hard to find at retail stores. Other than that the Inka is well built and precision made. It has a certain cool factor about it. Also this pen is more securely fitted and water tight, so I wouldn't have a problem getting this one wet unlike my Fisher. I would defiantly recommend the Inka to anyone who is into the outdoors or just likes cool things.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great when I had it but...., September 11, 2011
I really liked the Inka Pen and kept it on my keychain for about six months. It was really convenient when I go to the post office and need to write down an address. The only problem I had is that the pen is removed downward and eventually gets loose. This is what happen to mine and the pen fell off in a parking lot. I could not find it so no more Inka Pen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product., March 30, 2011
I love to have a very portable and convertible pen that will go with me any time. This Inka pen just suits my needs. I bind it all together with my car key and many more keys. With the scratch resistant feature, it still looks like new without any scratches at all. I can't say much because I just use with for about a week. In summary, it's a good pen and I like it very much. May buy Titanium version too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good pen, August 2, 2010
I was looking for a pen for my husband to put on his key chain because he is always losing them. This one works great for that purpose, but the hassle you have to go through to make it longer is a bit annoying. It takes too much time to unscrew all the little pieces and rearrange them in order for it to be assembled properly. For me it doesn't matter because I don't mind using a short pen, but my husband can't stand it. I guess his bigger hands just can't get comfortable with a tiny pen. So now it's my pen. Oh well, maybe I'll find him a better one later. A collapsable one would be cool. Also, it has had a little trouble starting to write a couple of times. I thought maybe it was the paper I was using, but still I don't think it should do that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›