4.0 out of 5 stars 3D review. This packs a punch.
Published on November 25, 2012 by mr.3D

2.0 out of 5 stars A sucker punch of sheer disappointment
Published 13 months ago by Whipple McTeelson the Third

4.0 out of 5 stars 3D review. This packs a punch., November 25, 2012
Nitro Circus takes a group of daredevils and shows what happens when you take stunts to the absolute limits. This is truly a heart pumping ride worth taking. You'll see tri-cycles jump ramps across buildings,huge car flips,insane dirt bike jumps,buses flying across the sky,wheel chairs attempting to go through loops,and the whole time the cast takes it as if it's just another day at the office. The whole films leads up to a finale which highlights the first live Nitro Circus show in Vegas.

The 3D here is a nice supplement. The material doesn't need it,but it certainly adds to the overall experience. The movie itself is quiet a knockout,but the 3D insures you stay down for the count.

Pros: The stunts are insane here. Without a doubt it's hard to believe no one has been seriously,life crippling injured attempting any of this. Some of it is pretty funny as well.

Cons: I felt at times they took too long in between shots to get the input of celebrities and sports figures alike. The stunts themselves sell the idea and I didn't need to be reassured of it. I felt the snippets of Channing Tatum's endorsements wore thin very quickly. I also believe the ending was somewhat anti climatic. The only other gripe I would mention is that at times I felt the film was too Jack-Ass esque in delivery.

On a final note I am a little shocked at the negative reviews this film received from critics. Early Hollywood inpart, was built on a foundation of talented individuals that put their lives on the line for a few moments of celluloid glory and we remember it in celebration,shock,and awe. Nitro Circus,in a way harks back to those glory days and it's a crying shame this film is not thought of in the same category by those who get paid to give their opinion. How can they so easily forget part of movie heritage?

I not only enjoy this film for the spectacle,but I respect the crew behind it. Good job guys (and ladies).

5.0 out of 5 stars great movie, February 28, 2014
this is probably the best 3D bluray i own in terms of 3D viewing...both pop outs and in just general viewing. the 3D is fantastic, but the movie is very good in 2D as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great 3D, January 7, 2014
We just put in a 3D projector for Christmas and loved this movie in 3D. Would recommend to anyone looking for a good 3D movie.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Movie, August 11, 2013
I love Travis and I loved this movie. I saw it originally in the movie theater in 3D and I must say that on my 3D TV the effects from the theater transferred over nicely. If you love action sports and actually want to see people make the stunts, unlike Jackass, then this is a movie you will want to see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mindless fun!, August 10, 2013
The crew from Jackass might find anything to hurt themselves with, but the Nitro crew pushes the envelope with true
sports stunts. Great entertainment for me and my teenage son. Rent it!

5.0 out of 5 stars NITRO!, January 10, 2013
If you liked the show, you'll love the movie. It's Nitro Circus, what's not to love? I mean, it's Travis, Jolene and the crew. Buy it. Now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, March 20, 2013
This review is from: Nitro Circus The Movie (DVD)
These guys are there the real deal. They do some insane stunts that I don't see being recreated in the near future. They are the new Evelyn Knievel, spotlight crew. They will make you laugh and be in absolute awe of what they can and will do. They made a DVD that I recommend to Even Knievel. Well worth watching.

2.0 out of 5 stars A sucker punch of sheer disappointment, January 24, 2014
This review is from: Nitro Circus The Movie (DVD)
I loved the Nitro Circus tv show. I got a kick out of all the crazy whacky things these crazy whacky characters go up to. Personally I rather enjoy Youtube videos and fail compilations of goofy teens on skateboards landing all sorts of wrong ways on various elements of the urban jungle. Fascinating stuff. And it serves those little monsters right to get hurt after doing something so stupid. However I hate to see anyone in the Nitro Circus shows getting hurt. It's mind-blowing when Travis et al do something no one else alive could even sanely consider and he nails it every time. Astounding.
But sadly I just didn't enjoy this movie. The key thing with these type of movies (and it's not like there are really all that many) is that there are a ton of big moments and little moments and a bunch in between. And that they fast cut between them. Cause if you get stuck with a clunker of a set up for a stunt and it's kinda underwhelming in about 3 minutes the show will go to something else. But this movie didn't have that much and it dragged. Maybe my expectations were too high. If they had taken the best spots from the Mtv show and put them up on the screen for 90minutes I woulda given that a 5 star. They kinda blew their proverbial on the tv show and had nothing much left to do for the flick. A shame too. I get a kick out of the Nitro Circus gang. They aren't just a rip off of the Jackass crew as some may imply. I just wanted more and if that makes me an insensitive greedy fool than you may be right.
Still though the stuff Travis does do is unlike anything anyone else can do by a long long long shot.

2.0 out of 5 stars Mediocre at best., August 14, 2014
Super boring and dumb and I'm a Travis Pastrana fan but all he really does is watch at stunts and laugh, shot in 3d but 3d is about a two star blah pass on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars The stunts are awesome, when they are actually doing them, January 29, 2015
The stunts are awesome, when they are actually doing them. Far too much time is spent interviewing tools like Rob Dyrdek or people who have absolutely nothing to do with nitro circus or extreme sports, like Channing Tatum. The interviews are all largely the same, just saying how great these guys are and how brave they are because failure means death, etc. It seems to be more a documentary on how awesome they are for doing a live show than a movie about tremendous athletes doing incredible stunts, which is what the movie was advertised as. If you are a huge fan of Nitro Circus, the movie might be worth a buy. If not, I would not recommend this movie.

Nitro Circus: The Movie