5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, I've found something that works!
Published on January 14, 2013 by Tyler W.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for my skin type - break out problems
I'm 30. I've had pretty clear skin for years. I used this and got some really bad zits/acne. Once I stopped using this, it went away pretty quickly.

I have relatively oily skin, but not usually any skin problems. This went right in the trash once I linked it up to my complexion issues.

I have also noticed for the Nivea Men's Chap-stick, I get the...
Published 8 months ago by BlairMan

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, I've found something that works!, January 14, 2013
Tyler W. (Portland, OR) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nivea for Men Face Wash Cleans and Moisturizing with Menthol and Vitamin E, 5-Ounce Tubes (Pack of 4) (Health and Beauty)
I realize this may be my own personal experience, and that they also suggest using the Nivea facial lotion on the bottle (I don't like the feeling of lotion on my face), but after using this product, for a couple hours after (until my face creates normal oils again) my face feels very dry. It does not feel dry to the touch, nor does it flake, but it's an unnerving feeling. I'm sure I will get used to it, but I wanted to post that warning for others so others know nothing is "wrong" if this happens to you.

Unfortunately I suffer from dry skin on my face, which has a tendency to peel and flake fairly regularly. However, after using this product for just a few days, I have had no issues with flaking skin, which is surprising since the wash is not abrasive in any way. I've had to deal with dry skin on my face for the better part of 15 years, and this was a small investment that turned out wonderfully.

I also had very bad acne when I was a teenager (in my 30's now), and while most of it has gone, I still would get small bumps on my forehead and the occasional pimple here and there. Again, after about 3 days of use, the blemishes on my forehead are completely gone and replaced with nice smooth skin. I highly recommend this product to anyone with the above issues, it has worked wonders for me, and after dealing with these issues for a decade and a half, it's a wonderful change.

UPDATE 7/8/2014- I felt that I needed to update this review, as this review is the top review for this product at the time I write this. Since the original purchase last year, I have since given these away. I am quite certain this is a personal issue, but using this product the three times I did, each time, after a day or two, I would break out severely in the deep, large, red pimples. Using them on three different occasions confirmed it was not environmental, but rather this product. The pimples these create are the ones that are deep under the skin and last for weeks, very sore, etc. I have since begun using an alternative brand, which is working out much better. While this may not apply to you, the reader, be warned that if this does happen, it's likely this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nivea men's facial cleanser: excellent, May 12, 2007
This is a great product, providing a great cleansing of the skin and leaves a long-lasting healthy skin feeling. Definitely worth using on a regular basis. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars generous quantity for the price, January 7, 2008
Luchino (Brooklyn, N.Y. USA) - See all my reviews
I bought this product after comparing it to l'Oreal for Men and one or two other competitors. I felt that the amount you get for the price was generous. I find it to be an invigorating alternative to bar soap for cleansing the face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good, August 13, 2012
Mike (Jackson, NJ) - See all my reviews
I was using Neutrogena Men's facewash for a while after my face adjusted to it so I bought this. In a few days I noticed my face was a lot clearer. It also leaves a cool feeling and lasts longer than other facewashes. All you need is a dime amount to apply to your face. It won't clear up all your pimples and acne, not many facewashes can actually do that at a fair price over time. It does help maintain a clean oil free face though. A

t work and at the gym, my face builds sweat and oil, and this does a good job of keeping it under control washing my face 3 times a day. Like any facewash, your skin will become used to it over time and you will need to switch it up every so many months or so. Between this and the Neutrogena, you should do just fine. I got 4 of these tubes for $18.00 with Prime which was also a great deal. In the stores its a little bit more.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cleanser but it does dry your skin, February 13, 2013
Awesome product. Cleans with vigor and passion; my face looks more magnificent then ever before. Only issue is that it dries up your skin a lot because it is quite powerful. Recommend using some extra moisturizier on your face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible Product, October 3, 2012
Tim (Irvine, CA) - See all my reviews
Not painful to use like Apricot Scrub and does a much nicer job. On my second pack of four tubes....hope they never stop making this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars Blue magic, November 18, 2011
jesvoxx (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
Great Face Wash, feels fresh i like the menthol cooling effect it gives, it leavs skin feeling soft and smooth, people who wrote if feels dry its bc you need to follow with a moisterizer, and dont use too much about a dime size in the palm.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for my skin type - break out problems, June 10, 2014
BlairMan (North Carolina) - See all my reviews

I have also noticed for the Nivea Men's Chap-stick, I get the worst breakout on my lips. It looks like I have cold sores, which is gross.

I will not be purchasing any more Nivea for Men products.

5.0 out of 5 stars finally something that works!, July 29, 2008
Eric "Eric" (Nashville, TN USA) - See all my reviews
I didn't know what to do about my neck, it was embarrasing. It looked like it was "painful" some folks said. I constantly got ingrown hairs and pimples on my neck. I didn't know what to do. I tried medicated aftershaves, some with alcohol in them OUCH!

Finally I started doing some research and found that a good cleanser might help me out, so I decided to try this nivea, I had seen commercials for it. I used the cleanser and the balm (aka aftershave). I also made sure that I was doing my best to help the situation by switching my shaving technique. Most importantly shave with the direction your hair grows, not against it, that reduces the inflammation. Rinse with cool water not hot, this also reduces the inflammation. Use a cleanser, I recommend nivea, and a decent aftershave lotion, again I recommend nivea.

Within a week or so my neck dramatically improved, it isn't perfect, but it looks and feels much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product works great, price on the rise, January 9, 2014
Having trouble locating Nivea Men Face Wash at the local stores (Target, Giant, Safeway, Harris Teeter), I decided to come back to Amazon for another 4 pack. Unfortunately since my initial order back in 2012 was used up, the same product is now 26% more expensive.

The face wash itself is gentle, but you definitely have to use a moisturizer afterwards. You also don't need to use a bunch, maybe a dime size and that'll be sufficient for the entire face.